passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFG Netflix Club - The One I Love - 07/09/15 - 14/09/15

RoboticMonk3y

There's so many scenes where it's like nobody could be fucking bothered. It's full of cheesily written script. Anything with Diana's aides or when she's talking to bit actors are atrocious. The nurse (who I think is Angolan?) sounds like a child in a nursery nativity play. There's lines where you can almost see the pain in Naveen Andrews eyes at what he's having to do to put food on the table.

It's just shocking. In no way should any of this be hilarious, but it is. It's a cult classic in the making for all the wrong reasons.

I watched Rudderless earlier and it is definitely a better film than Diana, though not perfect.

On the whole it's a pretty emotional film but with some bits that come close to the cheese that's in the newest Guitar Hero live action bits.

I won't spoil too much of the story but at the core there is a fascinating tale of grief and guilt.

It's not all believable but at the same time you're dealing with a story that very few people could understand how to deal with those situations.

It actually has some moments that hark back to Diana with press intrusion but perhaps handled in a more everyday kind of way.

I'm still not caught up here.

I saw Network and thought it was good. So much of it still holds up today. Good looking film, too.

I kept getting interrupted while I was watching Blue Ruin so I don't think I followed it too well, but it was grim. Don't know how I felt about it, though, so it may need a second watch somewhere down the line. Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...