passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rock Band 4

Sly Reflex

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-05-rock-band-4-announced-for-this-year-on-ps4-and-xbox-one

Rock Band 4 has been officially announced by series developer Harmonix. It's coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later in 2015.

It will support old peripherals, though Mad Catz is creating new ones as well.
Better yet, it will allow players to import all their content from previous games on PS3 and Xbox 360 into this long-awaited series resurgence. Harmonix said Rock Band 4 will support over 2000 tracks released since the 2007 launch of the original game. The previous Rock Band game, Rock Band 3, launched five years ago in 2010.

I loved Rock Band 3. Chances are I'm going to miss out on this unless they allow you to import DLC from rival consoles, unless I bite the bullet and actually play my XO.

Sounds good, had a lot of fun with Rock Band 2 and Beatles:Rock Band back in the day, will have to try and find all my old plastic instruments and drum kits for this if I can, nothing beats the feeling of playing this with a few mates, one of you on drums, one of you on mic, two on guitar, bloody awesome fun.

Yeah, it's a shame I'll likely never be able to play all that DLC I bought on RB4 but fuck it, let's just start afresh, eh.

There is no chance I will be able to get a drum kit in my current room, though, so that's a bummer. Looks like I have a very important reason to speed up getting out of debt and finding a place.

• 3 months later...

Harmonix and Mad Catz have announced a 6th October release date for music game Rock Band 4.

If you pre-order you get 30 bonus songs, which seems like quite a lot. Instrument bundles (on Amazon and GameStop) are $250. The game plus new guitar is $130. Bet you'd forgotten how much these games can be, although of course Rock Band 4 allows use of old peripherals too.
With all your old songs imported from previous Rock Band games there's a potential 1500 songs to thrash through, including new ones of course.
There's a new trailer to mark the announcement.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-rock-band-4-release-date-revealed

http://youtu.be/Dtvh7B_U-Hw

I saw that but it wasn't a good showing. They were playing it on normal by the looks of things so it was hard to check the note chart quality, and if that's the best you can do with the new guitar solo stuff then it isn't a great addition.

Hmm,reckon that's a bit out of my price range. Unless I use my Chrimbo money. Guitar Hero is £90,which is a bit more likely for me.

Did they give a price in pounds? I read 130 dollar for the game and guitar pack, which I guess is about £90, so should be similar price to guitar hero I recon.

It's up now on Amazon for pre-order. Guitar only pack is £110. Band In A Box is £219. Fuck it, I'm in for that. I love Rock Band, and i always justify the initial price that "I'll only need the games and dlc from now on". So even though it's out in October, that's where my Xmas/Birthday money will go.

It's up now on Amazon for pre-order. Guitar only pack is £110. Band In A Box is £219. Fuck it, I'm in for that. I love Rock Band, and i always justify the initial price that "I'll only need the games and dlc from now on". So even though it's out in October, that's where my Xmas/Birthday money will go.

PS3 and 360 instruments will work with Rock Band 4 on the PS4 and Xbox One, according to this interview:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-rock-band-4-preview