passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokken Tournament

Uncle Dokuro

To help D-Class out becuase he can't copy & paste atm. Tekken style Pokemon fighting game from Bandai Namco coming to arcades in 2015. No word on a Wii U version, but I'm sure it is in the works too.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p7Cs4L1JALY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only question this has raised is what is Machokes mouth made from? It looks like a bill similar to what a duck would have, but i always presumed it was lips until I saw that 3D model. I won't sleep until I get to the bottom of this. What is it, Nintendo? Do Machokes have bills or do they just have big lips? I must know this answer.

This is so cool.

I'm not a Tekken guy, I've not even played one since Tekken 3 but I'm really up for giving this a go. It may even get me into Tekken.

Get this out on the Wii U for next Christmas, Nintendo.

Edit: I've always had Machoke's face down as something sorta ape-y.

Oh, and I vote for Gengar to be the ultimate cheap boss character, assuming the cast will mostly be made up of fighting Pokemon.

• 11 months later...

Coming to Wii U worldwide in the spring of 2016

Arcade Pokémon fighter Pokkén Tournament will launch for Wii U worldwide in spring 2016.

Developed in collaboration with Bandai Namco, Pokkén Tournament has so far only been playable in a selection of Japanese arcades.

As for how it plays, think more like Tekken than Pokémon Stadium.

"Pokkén Tournament combines the best elements of a traditional fighting game with an authentic Pokémon experience," Pokémon Company International exec said J.C. Smith said. "Fans will be thrilled to see their favourite Pokémon battle in a whole new way."

Playable Pokémon include franchise mascot Pikachu, the beefy Machamp and the Psychic/Fairy critter Gardevoir.

Battles take place in a 3D arena, and players can also call in a number of support Pokémon to join them - including recent starters Fennekin and Snivy, plus Lapras.

Take a look at the game below, including a reveal of Libre Pikachu:

٩(◕ั ∀◕ั๑٩)

• 4 months later...

Good News Everyone!

Pokkén Tournament, Bandai Namco's Tekken-like Pokémon fighting spin-off, is slated for an 18th March release in Europe exclusively on Wii U.

The first production run of Pokkén Tournament will include a special Shadow Mewtwo Amiibo card, which unlocks Shadow Mewtwo as a playable character.

Pokkén Tournament originally launched in Japanese arcades last summer. This Wii U release will be its first time available on home consoles - or anywhere outside of Japan for that matter.

Just a month after Street Fighter! Spoiled rotten, we are.

Edit: What 2016 looks like from here:

r.pika_zpsrb0khjxo.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have just tried the demo and it it's not a great one. It doesn't teach you the game and the AI sucks in the demo so it doesn't do a good job being an impressive introduction, but I have heard from good sources it is legit so I may pick it up. Not right away, I might just keep an eye out for a slight price drop, I still have SFV eating my life right now.

• 1 year later...