passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Scalebound

radiofloyd

Bayonetta and Vanquish developer Platinum Games has announced a new Xbox One-exclusive action game entitled Scalebound.

Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe creator Hideki Kamiya revealed the project at Microsoft's E3 press conference today.

The game stars a character who looks a bit like DMC's Dante with shorter hair. He has the same cocky mannerisms though, as he flips on a set of headphones to chill to some tunes while dragon slaying. He might even be part dragon himself, as he ends the trailer riding one of the beasts and transforming his skin into scaly armour as he takes on a colossal hydra.

Check out Scalebound's announcement trailer below and tell us what you think of this East-meets-West collaboration.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-09-platinum-games-announces-xbox-one-exclusive-action-affair-scalebound

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish) has confirmed that its dragon-based co-op action-RPG Scalebound is coming to Windows 10 in addition to Xbox One.

At Microsoft's E3 press conference game director Hideki Kamiya showed us "the biggest boss fight Platinum has ever done", which you can see for yourself in the video below. Note the four-player co-op.

Scalebound is due in 2017.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-13-scalebound-confirmed-for-windows-10

• 6 months later...

I'd quite like to be a fly on the wall with this game.  What has been shown does look potentially very unwieldy and maybe Platinum themselves aren't that happy with how it's shaping up, what with this being a big game with their reputation on the mine, more so than their other games.  I also wonder if Microsoft themselves are looking on and not wanting their own Last Guardian to deal with.

Still a shame, though.  I'd like to see what Platinum would do with a big epic.

Funny how this just turned into a Bayonetta thread. 

I don't think it's strictly true that third party games don't sell well on Nintendo consoles.  You're typical AAA game certainly doesn't, but third party games that riff on a certain era don't do bad at all, and I think Bayonetta kinda falls in that category. 

I wouldn't like to say for sure if Nintendo want to keep the relationship going with Sega but with her turning up in Smash (and making a meal out of it) it does make me wonder if they want to keep her as a pseudo Nintendo character*. 

*I'm well aware that Cloud and Ryu being in the game also means it could also just be a one time thing. 

I'd love a character that's all about innuendo and sexual confidence to be embraced by squeeky clean Nintendo ^_^

I don't think anyone would be averse to B3 happening. I'd love it to be announced at the Switch reveal. I don't think it'll happen tho.

• 2 years later...