passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Twitch Thread

DANGERMAN

• 1 year later...

@Sly Reflexas the Twitch expert, mind if I ask you a question?

I've streamed a couple of games to Twitch through my Elgato, one on the PS5 and one on the Switch, so I can rule out the console being the cause.

Both times I've been using the Elgato software and the stream has frozen. Is it the Elgato software do you think, and should I be using something else? Not that I'm really planning to stream regularly, but it's not any great hardship to do

Yeah, this is the way to go. Add the source to a scene in OBS and go. OBS and Streamlabs (which people are dead against now because of the OBS fuckery they pulled) are pretty solid choices. There's others there you can use, I think NVIDIA allows you to go right to streaming, but I cannot attest to the quality or ease of it.

I had a quick gander of you stream, I was actually surprised you had the camera and everything on, more professional than my shite for sure.

Ha, thanks. The camera was only cheap and it was really easy to set up an overlay for it. I've held off getting a desktop microphone because that seems like massive overkill for how much traction any of this is getting. @Maf was watching and asking questions too, so he might have some for you too

I've got to say, I watched a bit of one of your wrestling streams and it looked well put together to me

As per @Sly Reflex advice on Mic's I think I'm going to buy this £20.00 one. I don't expect the quality to be great but for a start to see if I like it I think should be cool 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microphone-BOPUROY-Condenser-Podcasting-Compatible/dp/B08JLF1HWH/ref=sr_1_12?crid=1R15V7C3PB4ZV&keywords=streaming+mic&qid=1641301785&sprefix=streaming+mic%2Caps%2C99&sr=8-12

Anything else to think about when it comes to mics or will something simple do?