passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Sly Reflex

It's at times like these I want a 3ds with better battery life.although I can't say for sure why AC appeals to me but yeah, just working out how to get starlight zone as my town tune. When its charged again then that is a project!

Not been over to Tortimer's Island yet, he only actually appeared on my jetty today, so can't get there until tommorow.

In other news, I've changed my town ordinence to 'Night Owl', though that won't kick in until tommorow, and (like Sly) set up a bridge building projects because my town is a little bit of a pain to navigate quickly around at the moment.

I've noticed that the grass is starting to die off in the areas I walk the most. All along the backs of the river are starting to wear thin. The south access to the beach is getting pretty tore up too, the way I run up there and towards the bridge is starting to wear to a point.

Anyone else noticed this? It's a nice touch if everyone follows the same paths, although if everyone just runs about you're going to end up with a rather threadbare grass. Hopefully it's just a visual thing, if villagers start complaining that all the grass is gone it might impact on gameplay negatively.

I finished funding my bridge and turned my town into a night owl constituency. I might try the beautiful one later on down the line to see what it does.

I spent some time on the island racking up medals to buy a wetsuit. The memory game is the quickest way to make medals, took me 2 minutes for 6 medals.

I had a bit of a swim around the island and caught everything I could by diving. That actually works really well once you get your head around it.

I saw a tarantula near my town square but it made a dash for a tree as soon as I saw it. I seem to remember it being a bit of a shit to capture in previous games, I think I got it to chase me and then trapped it in some holes I dug specifically to trap it. I want to get one and put it in the museum so I don't have to botheer with them in future, they are more trouble than they are worth.

I'm not sure what to build next. If we all build something different then we can comment on what does what, I'm guessing that each item actually adds something to the town rather than just looking pretty.

I'm guessing the new place on Main Street will be a lumberjack. It would make sense, I've not seen any axes, flowers or saplings in Nooks. I'm guessing Pascal from previous games has a job at the store owner now.

I'm currently trying to fund a bridge, and have just laid down 20k Bells for the Night-owl ordinance. I've met the old mayor this morning, so tomorrow I should be able to go to the island for the first time.

Turnips are worth 235 Bells here today, not sure if I should deal now or hold out for a better offer.

Oh good lord you are all making this sound like I really need a copy! Does it develop each day?

I mean I loved Harvest Moon on the GC, AC just didn't seem to have the same substance, maybe I missed the point entirely?

If you had the turnips you should have sold them Ed. The price in the afternoon might have dropped.

I once wrote down turnip prices each day for a few weeks and the price climbed until Wednesday, and then slumped off, leading to a possible loss. Tbh you shouldn't need to worry about making a loss when we've as many people playing. It's just a case of pinging out a message on twitter or whatever announcing high turnip prices and getting people in to sell.

Productive hour this morning. The garden store had an axe for the first time, so I snapped that up. Then i went to the island for the first time and scavenged a load of stuff. I'm planning on going back later for a tour. Then I came home, planted a load of banana trees on the beach, donated a bunch of creatures to the museum and sold the remainder.

Plans for later are to chop down some trees and plant new ones, and go back to the island.

tumblr_m9ukrx12AD1r46z4zo6_250.gif

An interesting day, with a couple of animals making suggestive comments at me. I had this earlier.....

9094985125_18a6c12bcc.jpg

and then (unfortunately I didn't get a pic) when I made a quick visit to Sly's town, I got into a conversation with one of his residents (Diana) about fruit and had her tell me that 'once you've sampled the local Cherry, you'll never go back' :huh: