passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PAYDAY 2

Sly Reflex

Can't believe someone thought Sly was German. I wasn't aware they said "How do?".

Like a twat I didn't put this in my basket when it was on PS Plus. Now I've got reliable Internet, and downloading 4gb is a piece of piss, I could manage this no bother. But it's £30....

No, I wouldn't pay that for it.

Also, why wouldn't you put everything in your basket when it goes free? Even if you've no intention of playing it, you grab that fucker with both hands. I don't get why you wouldn't grab that shit.

I've got 8 levels left to get on the Ghost skill tree and then I can open pretty much any door without using the drill.

Then I start working my way through one of the others to become godlike with the drill, then it's StealthyWeasel by name and by nature.

Until of course some idiot comes in loud with a shotgun.

So yeah, loads to do yet.

I'm not particularly happy with my build, I'm a jack of all trades and master of none. I think I might respect all but the most essential stuff from the ghost tree as our little Welsh poppet has got all that stuff covered.

I didn't really think too much of the first 2 trees, but they've got some really nice stuff in them. To be fair, all the trees have quality stuff in them, even the tier perks can be nice to have. They sort of become the icing on the cake.

I played a bit tonight. It took a while but I finally got a lobby of people all mic'd up and ready to heist. It's pretty awesome when that works out, everyone did their part and although we went down a lot (fucking bulldozers being the main reason) we regrouped well and played well with each other.

Ukrainian job is fast becoming my favourite mission due to how short it is. Had a guy with explosives, we managed to do it in about 50 seconds on overkill, even made it out with some of the bags and jewels up front too.

Highlight of the night was one guy properly losing it when we got a trophy on one of the escapes. Apparently he's tried to get it since the game came out on retail. I hadn't the heart to tell him we sort of got it by accident. :lol:

I played some before I went to bed last night. I think I've figured out a way to drop Bulldozers a little more efficiently than we're doing right now.

In the Technician tree there's a tier bonus that gives you 25% more damage on headshots. Minimal points spent are wasted as you'll need them all due to drilling, you could swap the mines out for other stuff if you think they'd be more useful, although I'm not entirely sure what steel sight is. Maybe allows you to aim down the sights while in bleedout. Seems a bit defeatist to me, although it'd pair up nicely with the Masterminds Pistol Messiah.

http://goo.gl/Q5p6hC

Mastermind can make specials take 15% more damage by pointing them out. 50% more damage can be done with pistols, although that skill is quite high up.

Enforcer gets Underdog which makes him deal increased amounts of damage when surrounded and take less damage in those same instances. You deal 35% more damage with shotguns (which are stupidly powerful anyway), when in low health berserker allows you to do 100% more damage with all ranged weapons. At the top of the tree you have Overkill which on kill with shotgun you get a 75% damage bonus for 5 seconds. You can easily empty a shotgun into a bulldozers face in the time it takes you to kill one guy, reload and then move to another target.

Ghost has Cleaner, which is a 5% damage boost against special enemies. Silent Killer boosts damage with silenced weapons and also adds a chance to ignore armour. The top tier bonus allows for armour to be ignored again.

There's tools in the trees to make these guys less of a hassle to kill. We just need to act on them.

Quality night on this. Especially the stealth missions. It all goes so smoothly until some cunt decides to fire an unsilenced weapon. This happens every. Single. Time. Without fail.

I've seen a lot of players just switch to a loud weapon as soon as they've alerted a presence. I don't think they understand how the discovery works at all.

I went from level 1 up to 11 in that session last night. It was very helpful to have 3 people who knew what they doing to get you up to speed, there's a lot to get your head around.

The game is good, but odd. It almost feels like a PC game mod.

Once you understand concealment and how it affects how quickly you're spotted then that's half the battle. The rest of the game is just common sense, like moving bags from cover to cover or wearing less armour to move quicker.

Hit level 50 on PS3, now I'm about 3 or 4 on PC.

It looks better as you'd expect and some nicer touches but it's largely exactly the same.

Got all the DLC for it so loads of missions and masks plus grenades which is always a good party piece.

I had some trouble with the sensitivity of the controller but bumped it up a little and it's better now.

Weird going back to the start, I feel completely useless. Open things dead slow, can't lock pick safes, slower run, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a quick bash on the PC version before leaving for work.

Had a go on the bank heist with some randoms. First go failed miserably. Second go we had an amazing stealth run - everything went right, no alarm went off, killed a couple of guards, cleared out the safety deposit locks, got away with no police coming.

It was beautiful. :)