passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

2012's Mighty Fabulous Gaming Awards (MFGAs)

HandsomeDead

FearneMFGA_zpse2cd113e.jpg

Good day to all you amazing people! I'm Fearne Cotton, and I'll be borrowing DifferentClass's account for a smidge so I can present to you the MFGAs for 2012. I'm SUPER excited to get on with it so let's go over to the over to the categories and dish out some awards!

Best Retail Game

Far Cry 3

far-cry-3MFGA_zpscb8fe315.jpg

Our first award goes to the first person shooter, Far Cry 3. I asked DC what it was about and he said it was about being an arsehole, saving other arseholes and killing different arseholes and sometimes punching sharks. Wicked! I like the guy with the guns there; he reminds me of an even tougher version of James Arthur and he's a tough guy! Once in BBC Radio 1's greenroom he showed me his tattoos and told me about how he's going to punch Frankie Boyle in the face if he ever meets him for something he said on Twitter. I was like O M G!

Best Handheld Game

Gravity Rush

gravityrushmfga_zps79e3b403.jpg

For the best game on a handheld system it's Gravity Rush! Sorry guys, I don't know this one. I asked DC and he didn't either. He just said it was a thing for the PS Vita then I asked what a Pee Ess Evita was and he just shrugged and went back to the Craig David autobiography I gave him. But I love Evita! I love anything with Madonna in, she's like a legend. I love you Madge, you're AMAZING!

Best Downloadable Game

The Walking Dead

Walkingdead1MFGA_zps4badef05.jpg

And for the best game available through download services it's The Walking Dead! Oh my God I love the show so much so it's cool that this won and the game is amazing too. What I think is really cool is one of you gamers could like hang out with me and Nick Grimshaw now and just take part in saying how amazing The Walking Dead is. Seriously, it's fun. Sometimes Nick brings a Frisbee. Good job, guys!

Best Multiplayer Game

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

blops2MFGA_zps3f76c9ea.jpg

The best game to play with your friends is Call of Duty: Black Ops II! My good friend Chris Moyles loves this game too. Him and Comedy Dave race one another to see who can prestige first. The loser has to agree to go on a reality TV show. Remember when Moyles was on X-Factor: Battle of the Stars? Yep, he lost that one. DC is just laughing and saying cod blops all the time in the style of a Bo' Selecta Craig David. He's odd.

Most Wanted Game of 2013

Bioshock Infinite

bioshockMFGA_zps4e807838.jpg

We're looking to the future now, guys. I don't know much about it but it looks pretty from what DC has shown me and even he seems a little pumped for this one. I remember i was pumped when I had to interview Justin Bieber for my radio show because he is like the biggest guest I've ever had but I ended up being super disappointed as he wouldn't talk much. I heard later he was dragged from his hotel room as all he wanted to do is sit on the floor and eat Frosties while watching Wizards of Waverly Place. So never get your hopes up too much!

Biggest Disappointment

Mass Effect 3

ME3MFGA_zps733c9932.jpg

And speaking of disappointments! DC told me it's actually funny as this game, Massy Fect 3, was the winner of last year's Most Wanted award, so let's hope Bioshock Infinite doesn't do it next year! I know all about disappointments, though. I was at this after party hanging out with some celebs and we all dared Aston from JLS to do 100 backflips in a row but on his 57th he kicked Cat Deely in the face and then the party was totally awkward after that. Total awkward moment.

The Overlooked Gem

Binary Domain

binarydomainmfga_zps9ca810d9.jpg

DC explained to me this award if for a game that isn't popular but maybe should have had more attention, so I guess it means that this game is probably bad, really. He told me it's like The Terminator and a bunch of other stuff I've never heard of, but what-evs. Though I can totally get with being overlooked. I was so overlooked when I started my TV career... I so should have presented Blue Peter... fuck those people *ahem*. But I don't care now! it's all good and Grimmy is coming with his Frisbee. Amazing!

Overall Game of the Year

The Walking Dead

Walkingdead2MFGA_zps0f8f1a7e.jpg

O M G, you did it, guys! The Walking Dead gets the big one! It's the best game of 2012! It's official! DC tells me this is a big deal because it's like this game that has a story and that's why people like it. It's sort of emotional and all that jazz. Well, in that case I hope you enjoyed my stories though I have so much more. In any case, The Walking Dead snags it!

Thank you for having me host your awards ceremony, it has been a total pleasure and have fun gaming in 2013! I'm handing this account back over to DifferentClass now so ciao, guys! xxx

it's odd that individually everyone's lists were pretty varied, all of them mentioned unusual games. But when complied together we've given awards to Far Cry 3, Walking Dead (twice), Call of Duty, Bioshock, and Mass Effect (as most disappointing) like every other site on the net

it's odd that individually everyone's lists were pretty varied, all of them mentioned unusual games. But when complied together we've given awards to Far Cry 3, Walking Dead (twice), Call of Duty, Bioshock, and Mass Effect (as most disappointing) like every other site on the net

It was all really closely run. Far Cry 3 and Dishonored were just behind The Walking Dead for the main one and Sleeping Dogs was close in the retail one. With the handheld Gravity Rush just piqued Warzone Earth and Resident Evil: Revelations.

The Walking Dead walked that download one though Hotline Miami was a very strong second.

Multiplayer was a bit of a controversial one. Hinn put Blops 2 as his 5th choice but had no 3rd and 4th so I moved it to 3rd and gave it 3 points. If I did just give it the 1 point for 5th it would have drawn with Journey. Halo 4 was close, and Mass Effect 3 did surprisingly well.

The most wanted was a bit all over the place and close. the runners up were Ni No Kuni then Dead Space 3 and GTAV drawn.

Not many people put down a disappointment so they were close too. Only three games got more than 1 vote. They were ME3 (obviously) and with only 1 point less there was Ass Creed 3 and Dirt Showdown.

Overlooked gems was the only category with a clear winner. It accumulated more points than any individual game in any other category.

This was Fearne from about 2 years ago, not the most recent one, so that's why there was no "mommatron".

And I am preggers, Jim, and we may need to have a chat about some things later.

See, I thought I had, but it was so brief I'd convinced myself I couldn't have.