passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands 2

DANGERMAN

depends on the game for me, and with Borderlands when I was traipsing around Dust for the umpteenth time I needed something to occupy my mind. I focused on the story missions though, or most of the time anyway, and still felt like I'd have missed some vital information if there was any vital information being imparted

A lot of the story and engaging stuff is about the levels and side missions. They normally count for a challenge or something, but it's very easy to miss them. I personally feel the way Borderlands 2 handles its story is very good. A bit like Bioshock in that it spoon feeds you so much, but if you want to learn more you have to go digging within the levels themselves for answers.

I did a massive facepalm after noticing one of the missions was a pisstake on the Ninja Turtles. How the hell I didn't see that the first time I did it I don't know.

A story recap to where we've actually got to.

The game begins with a new team of Vault Hunters lured into a trap by Handsome Jack aboard a booby-trapped train and left for dead amid a snowy, frozen landscape, only to be rescued by a Claptrap robot, the last of his kind, who guides them to safety. Soon after, the Vault Hunters start receiving messages from the Guardian Angel who instructs them to help the Claptrap recover its lost vessel, and use it to travel to the city of Sanctuary and meet the members of a resistance movement opposing Handsome Jack's tyranny, led by Roland. Upon arriving at Sanctuary, the Vault Hunters learn that Roland is captured, and journey into bandit territory to recover him from a mass murderer known as the Firehawk. It is revealed that the Firehawk is actually Lilith, a Siren and one of the original Vault Hunters. She informs the players that he has been captured by the Bloodshot, a local group of bandits. The new Vault Hunters break into the Bloodshot base and rescue Roland, who reveals that the second Vault contains a powerful creature called the Warrior, who according to legend it will obey the commands of whoever awakens it, and Handsome Jack intends to obtain it by making use of the same Vault Key of the first game, now in his possession.

There was also something quite important that one of the ECHO's had recorded on it, but I'm not going to mention that here. In fact a lot of the ECHO's you find have a lot of story info on them, but there is one in particular that is quite important.

Played part of the Lynchwood stuff today. Everything seems harder than it should be for its level. I got glanced by a normal rat enemy and it took off half of my shields. There must be a spike in difficulty in that area for sure. Everything you come across is a literal danger.

I've barely touched Borderlands 2, kinda glad i did, Mechromancer is out on the 16th October and thats the character i mainly wanted to try out.

800pts to the people who didnt get the premium code.

med_borderlands2-mechromancer-oJLTb.jpg

the Mechromancer is supposed to be up today now, although I've just been on Borderlands and it's not out on pc yet.

I don't really get the fuss tbh, it's got a slightly different twist to it, but she doesn't sound hugely different from the commando

I'm lvl 20 now. I was playing through with my flat mate but he stopped playing so I ditched him at lvl11. So when he comes back he'll level up loads and I'll have to do the same shit again for hours (it's his game soo..) but it'll be a walk in the park.

I like Jakob guns the most. They're cowboy like.

I found some option the other day to skip missions id done on another persons play through, as I jumped into a few games when I had just started, and as suspected, the other people play sessions put me way further ahead than I was meant to be, but its all good.

I got this quite cool SMG that sets people on fire, so before where I would try to snipe an enemy for the crit damage, now its just a lot easier to run in and kablammo people with the fire elemental smg....weird how a gun can totally change your play style. It was obviously some sort of, at the point im at, godly loot from a boss that wouldnt normally drop, because its worth ten times the cost of any other weapons im seeing. I also saw my first rocket launcer of the whole game, its a fire causing one too. It might be because ive not been doing that many story missions that this stuff isnt coming into my life so much. Really enjoying it, but just not getting the time to do anything useful in it at the moment.

Also, for some reason most of the enemies im killing are giving me fuck all experience, like 1xp each. I killed some super huge loot goliath that transformed four times and it hardly gave me any xp, I was like three minutes into fighting it thinking about all the xp id get and my bar would shoot up in level, and I got nothing.

I was playing with Marthagogo last night and we managed to get a Legendary weapon from Laney (Bandit pistol) and a Eridian weapon from the Wildlife Preserve (Ask Marth, he took it, I think it sets stuff on fire. It was pretty beastly). I made Martha open those cardboard boxes of death. That was pretty funny. He got downed on each one. :lol:

Hinn joined my game as the new class so I trolled him by getting him killed. If you fancy playing, at least come in as a similar level Hinn, you weren't even doing any damage at all. :lol:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-10-next-borderlands-2-dlc-details-leak-headed-to-oasis

Borderlands 2's first major expansion looks like it's called Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty.

The add-on's existence was outed by new PlayStation 3 Trophies relating to the DLC, added in the game's latest title update (which went live on PS3 yesterday alongside the new Mechromancer character).

Captain Scarlett will offer a spectrum of new features, including the new location of Oasis, new missions, weapons, bosses, raids and a fresh rarity level.

More details have been uncovered within the game's Steam files (posted on the official Gearbox forums). Most notably, this includes the story's entire script, which is now housed on Pastebin.

Dialogue is set to include the lines: "You slagged-up fistomitch! DIEEEE!" and "I am the Censorbot. All lewd behavior must be stopped. A deviant known as P3RV-E is in possession of sexually explicit materials. Please murder him, because morality."

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty has yet to be announced by Borderlands 2 developer Gearbox. It's presumably one of the four major add-ons included in the game's Season Pass.

New rarity level! Like the top tier stuff isn't rare already! :o

I did the Tina levels yesterday, they were alright, shes a bit annoying I guess, but I think she is a characature of games trying to add in the cool teenage girl character and getting it wrong.

My main weapon is still the fire causing SMG, its tearing stuff apart at the moment, im using it on literally every enemy, armoured, not armoured, in a vehicle and its always doing the job. When I occasionally do switch to sniper, normally when im just entering an area, ive got that critical damage stacks with each kill thing on, so as long as I take my time with the first target and pick them in order of smallest first then Im doing crazy damage with my last shot. Its only worked a few times because obviously you need to make every head shot, but when it does work you can clear an entire area. When it doesnt work I just go invisible and one hit melee the closest guy from behind then pull out the fire gun and clean up. I think as part of a group I would actually be a lot less effective.

The first major expansion for Borderlands 2 is due to launch next Tuesday, 16th October, developer Gearbox Software has announced.

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty will cost 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 (likely £7.99).

The extra missions will take players to a bandit-filled desert settlement named Oasis, a hive of scum and villainy ruled over by Scarlett, a one-eyed pirate queen.

"You can sense the pirate theme across the landscape, even though there's no water," Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford told Associated Press. "It's all dried up. It feels more like Tatooine than an ocean.

"These bandits have really embraced the pirate lifestyle, and there's the legend of a treasure. That kicks off this whole adventure that the players can go on."

The first screenshot shows a Return of Jedi-style floating sand skiff. Players will get to hover across the terrain and fight sand worms.

Leaked information mined from the game's Steam files shows the add-on will also include new weapons, bosses, raids and a fresh rarity level. The entire script has leaked, too.

Captain Scarlett is the first of four DLC packs covered by the Borderlands 2 Season Pass. Other add-ons are also available, such as the extra Mechromancer character.

I might wait for some reviews of this and if it is good jump the season pass.

Did i get the eridian one?

Those loot midgets can feck off! Although kudos for the company.

Missing the live already! They were great but its all so much killing i only think about the game after, its lovely. Shame about the end of the preserve though.

Started my mechromancer tonight, broke off at level 3. Feels smoother and got some sweet loot so its nice to play, getting that zen feeling with it.

Mechromancers quite nice, her Deathtrap is beastly. In a way it reminds me of the Hunters Bloodwing in that you let it off and just gain instant benefits from it. It's also pretty good at tanking stuff.

When me and SmallofBooty killed Boom and Bewm tonight I got THIS orange grenade mod. It's fucking insane. You can kill any badass with it instantly if you lure them into a smallish area. I duped the item when I left so that we could both cover the battlefield in explosions. I wouldn't normally bother but the mod is miles better than most of the grenades you get at double our level.

Hinn joined my game as the new class so I trolled him by getting him killed. If you fancy playing, at least come in as a similar level Hinn, you weren't even doing any damage at all. :lol:

Was just trying to ding quickly, you bastard! :fist:

But im level 22 now and i have to say im pretty glad that i waited for the Mech, shes an absolute beast, ive gone down the left skill tree, which basically me & the bot power up each other. I think this was the "girlfriend" mode that people get in an uproar about. Also the deathtrap changes appearance depending on where you set your skillpoints.

I did the Tina levels yesterday, they were alright, shes a bit annoying I guess, but I think she is a characature of games trying to add in the cool teenage girl character and getting it wrong.

I love Tiny Tina, pretty much lol'd at everything she said.

Borderlands 2 took America by storm. Gearbox's celebrated co-op shooter RPG sold a whopping 1.48 million copies during September.

That's 234 per cent higher than Borderlands 1 managed in its launch month of October 2009, NPD revealed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-12-borderlands-2-shifts-1-5-million-copies-in-september-in-us

Was just trying to ding quickly, you bastard! :fist:

I knew what you was trying to do, that's why I scuppered you. You want to level up then earn it man. ;)