passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sleeping Dogs

AndyKurosaki

Started this earlier, lots of fun. The combat is fucking brutal and very much like Batman so I'm in.

I got Zodiac, Year of the Snake and Nightmare DLC - anything else worth getting? Also which order? Finish the game first and then play in order they came out?

I've been playing it a lot over the last few days as well. Really really enjoying it, it seems to get all the mechanics right. The only thing I'm not keen on is the handling of the cars, but I can live with that.

Now long is the single player campaign roughly?

Jim - maybe 18 to 20 hours

Hendo - the Wheels of Fury dlc is mission based, fairly short as I understand it, but it's the only other mission one I think. The Monkey dlc gets you the cloud bike I posted in the screen shot thread, and a Monkey based fighting style

Man, I fucking love open-world games. :wub:

Done quite a bit now, done loads of side quests, think I've done all the camera drug busts in North Point.

It opened up the waypoint for Zodiac Tournament - is it worth waiting to finish the game before doing that, or no real reason not to? Does that or any of the DLC keep your stats?

You can do the Zodiac Tournament DLC whenever, there's no continuity really. The only thing that pops up is an "Are you sure?" message if you try and access it before you have all the combat upgrades. I had all but 3 I think and had no problem with the fights there.

Any of the DLC accessed from the menu after pressing start on the title screen are set in their own little world. I think your money and cars transfer over but the character upgrades are usually inaccessible from the menu, probably because those DLC's give you specific abilities anyway.

I'm trying to clear each area of quests. I'm missing a drug bust in Central, right at the North East near the waypoint for Zodiac Tournament. The mini map indicates it's below me but I can't figure out how to get there. There's a gate nearby but it's closed, any ideas?

I'm loving the fact that there's a point to the collectibles to boost your stats. I'd probably collect them anyway but good that there's a reason to.

it's probably the one in the waterways. I think a mission takes you there at some point, but you should be able to get there yourself. The problem is it's a pain in the arse to find the entrance, I think I stole a boat (if it's the one I'm thinking of)

• 3 months later...

I finished this this afternoon, turns out I'd done a lot more than I'd thought.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and the last few missions are pretty exciting. My only problem was, it was all a bit easy. Especially the final sections, it wasn't really challenging at all.

• 3 months later...
Triad Wars, the next game in the Sleeping Dogs universe, is in development at United Front Games, the studio has announced.

The name first came to light following the discovery of a trademark from publisher Square Enix, prompting the studio to confirm the new project.

“So, we’re making a new game,” United Front said in a blog post. “We can’t say a lot about it right now, but you might have read about a trademark registration for something called Triad Wars? Well, we’re super-excited that it’s another game based in the Sleeping Dogs universe, it’s something we’ve wanted to do for ages, and we’re very happy to be working with Square Enix again… but that’s all we can give you for the time being – we’ll have more information about what the game’s going to be in 2014.”

Platforms for Triad Wars were not announced.

http://gematsu.com/2013/10/sleeping-dogs-followup-triad-wars-in-development

• 2 months later...

From Gematsu

Triad-Wars-Off-Screen-Blurry-280x280.jpg

Square Enix and United Front Games are currently working on a followup to Sleeping Dogs called Triad Wars. There is currently little information about the project, and more is expected to be shared in 2014. But United Front decided to tweet a blurry, off-screen image of the game a little bit beforehand.

“A li’l bit of Christmas on designer Matt’s desk,” United Front said in a tweet, the right-aligned image attached.

“Is that a screen of #PS4 Sleeping Dogs?” one fan asked.

Triad Wars!” United Front confirmed in response.

So PlayStation 4 then ....