passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mass Effect 3

Sly Reflex

Yeah, I get that. It's annoying.

Faces not importing, shifty day one DLC, arguably needless multiplayer and Jessica Chobot aside. This is how you do a AAA game. They fucking smashed it.

That's how I feel at the moment. Let's see if I still think that when I see this ending that the internet has spat its dummy out over.

Anyone else having a message pop up after the EA boot up screen about signing into the correct profile to carry on the game?..... it does it to me then returns to the EA screen then loads up normal even though i've not changed which profile i'm signed into (there's only one on my console in any case).

Weird.

Yeah, I had it in ME2 as well. No idea why.

Yeah, I get that. It's annoying.

Faces not importing, shifty day one DLC, arguably needless multiplayer and Jessica Chobot aside. This is how you do a AAA game. They fucking smashed it.

I feel like I'm complaining a lot, but this game has me totally gripped, I love it.

Also, although I'm still loving their games right now: I think if they keep going like they are, EA are going to destroy any love I have left for Bioware within the next couple of years.

after reading a good many opinions on this game i have a feeling in my guts i may give it a miss.

another 180 turn i know but there is something about it thats turning me off.

i could be convinced otherwise if they ever release the fecking phone game on android though.

is it true your war readiness rating drops by 1% for each day you dont play the multi? or is that rageboy bs?

It does. I goes up pretty quickly.

I don't know how much of an effect your readiness has on the story at the end. I don't think I'll be bothering with the multi for my second play so i guess I'll know then.

is it true your war readiness rating drops by 1% for each day you dont play the multi? or is that rageboy bs?

The closer you get to 100% the quicker it drops I've noticed. Or maybe my sleep deprived mind is playing tricks on me.

I've been keeping it topped off with the Galaxy at War missions in the datapad app, so it's hasn't been decaying as quickly as normal for me. It's lucky the MP is a complete blast so it's not a chore. Nearly able to promote one of my characters so that should give my rating a bit of a boost.

Doing the same as DC in my second playthrough. Want to see what happens to the galaxy without importing a character, everyone dead from previous games and being a complete cunt to everyone I speak to.

Also heard that it's worth doing the From Ashes DLC as soon as you can as the new character you get has a bunch of cool dialogue when you take him along on missions. I usually leave any DLC until after the game is finished and hadn't really though about any extra dialogue he might have.

I did a bunch of sidequests and stuff for the Krogan and Turians last night.

I let a bunch of Krogan die to save the Rachni again. I liked the cheesy last stand scene to make you think Grunt had died too.

Next i've got to go and release the genophage cure.

. Seems like that's what will kick off the next set of main missions.

I think a few of the voices don't quite sound right - different from the previous versions. Wrex for example isn't deep as before. Unless that's just my memory tricking me.

The Turian voices are cool though. It sounds like 2 slightly different versions of the audio playing at the same time. I don't remember it being like that in the previous games.

Right! That ending.

It's weird that it's getting so much hate and become such an issue, as it really isn't anything to get upset about. I don't know how it has escalated to the point of petitions because it's just a functional ending. I was expecting something really lame, or so awesome it only really clicks if you were paying attention, but it's none of that.. it's just a final conclusion, which is okay.

Anyway. My ending! essentially I made the decision to destroy all synthetic life. Other options are to control the Reapers or synch with them to become a new super race both seemed like something someone with a God complex would do. we'd come through three games seeing the Reapers as an enemy to be destroyed. Everyone was behind that, as in the whole universe was behind that so not going through with it wasn't something I wanted to do. It was warned that synthetic life would be made again and the cycle will continue but I figured that can be dealt with by people in the future, if it did. Let their choices lead to that, for now I'm taking out the Reapers.

My friend got this theory that Shepard was indoctrinated and he never set foot on the Citadel and there is proof supporting that but that really wouldn't make sense in my game. Why would he blow up the Reapers if he was? And having a brainwashed protagonist without a 'would you kindly' situation. That would be lame.

But the ending was fine. Not a big crescendo but I think the series is better for ending in a way that requires a bit of reflection. when it came to the final decision I had to really go back and assess why I was there, what I was actually doing.

Reflecting now it was actually a decent ending but I'm not saying that just to go against the grain. I think it was actually an okay ending. Fucking internet and its bullshit.

Spent half an hour getting into the game, it's as perfectly atmospheric as I remember it. So drawn in already, same feeling as the first when I got into it. Also HMV only had pre owned copies, not a problem but they were 37 quid and then youve got to purchase the online pass. Online pass sucks cock.

Played a bit of the multi last night, it was okay. I like the customisable characters, although some classes are too useless to be used over the obviously successful ones. Stuff like the salarian(ones that look like ET) do well to supliment a group of soldiers, but they need to be protected, their damage is appalling, good for removing shields and then stealthing to revive if needed, but generally you just feel like a passenger. Anything other than a krogan or human soldier team got destroyed I found, although occasionally a high level vanguard seemed to do well, might try to make one of them next time I play. Main problem is that you get the huge brutes, ravages, banshees that just laugh at biotics and pretty much anything other than a rocket.

I've had a couple of really good co-op sessions with a mayor Haggard and some other ex gTM folks.

It seems like a mix of Adepts and Engineers was the way to go (for us at least). I had a lot of fun as the engineer taking out shields and burning armour for the offensive guys to take them down.

It could do with a couple more maps though. I was playing the main game over the weekend and visited the levels where 2 of the multiplayer came from within an hour of each other. It amused me more than it should to recognise them.

I'm up for a game if anyone fancies it.

In terms of the story:

30 hours in and i've only just destroyed the Geth Dreadnought. I took great pleasure beating that Quarian admiral.

it feels like I'm playing through quite slowly. I'm spending a lot of time talking to everyone and tinkering with armour and equipment.

I've switched my bonus skill and re-specced all my point twice. I think I'm going to keep Biotic Slam from now on though, it's so funny.

Yeah im up for some multi tonight, tag is sambobjamin, with one M because im an idiot, this should go in the online thread but im renegade so thats that.

Single player is going to be a real slow burn for me, hard to find the large block of time needed to plow into it, not a bad thing though im really enjoying it, need to sort my powers out though, at the minute anything other than a point spent in singularity feels like a waste.

Got one safe class for multi, thats the Krogan Sentinal, although the fact that its a sentinel is really not that important, spent full points in krogan rage and just anihilated waves of puny Geth with a one hit strong Melee, they were just flying left and right, even took out a Geth prime or two although it took more hits. Felt great to actually do some damage after playing a poncy character for a while.

The single player has been fantastic so far, ive never spent so much time talking to NPC's and actually being interested in their response.

I really cant decide who to bone. Liara is an easy option - she's on the Normandy, she's blue, she's intersted but Miranda and Ashley are both so hot. The obvious answer is Ashley because she's the only one whom i havent sailed the skin boat in to but i just cant play hardball with the other ladies, they love ill Shepards sensetive side. I hope i can pimp the game, i aint a player but i crush alot.

i aint a player but i crush alot.

+

For some stupid fucking reason I created a Female Shepherd (im sure people can post the reasons here) so now im trying desperately to make my female puppet touch up somebody, anybody female. Will let y'all know how it goes.

Im only a few hours in still, I like the feeling of how everywhere is at war at the minute, its a shame that the tone has changed slightly from the earlier ones where being a Spectre was the best thing since sauce on a curry, but I guess it has to move on.

^^ I use a femshep too.... and yeah, she's a lesbian.

Had my first dabble in multiplayer lastnight and actually really enjoyed it, stuck to bronze difficulty (which probably won't change, the controls are'nt good enough for real difficult firefight... too clunky). So now i've dipped my toe i'll probably keep at it until i reach 100% Galactic readiness then crack on with the sp.

It's tough getting to 100%, keeping it there is even harder. It deteriorates so quickly at a high percentage. I was on 99% on Sunday now i'm back down to 90% after not playing it for two days sad.gif

I have found it slightly quicker to select the zone you're fighting in as you'll generally get around 6-7% per match added to a zone, as opposed to 2-3% spread across each zone in random matches. It may actually not be any quicker at all, but it seems like it.