passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Steam has a sale.

Sly Reflex

• 1 month later...

Valve is now letting publishers create their own sales on Steam.

Valve has taken another step to give developers greater discoverability and control over how products are displayed in the Steam store front. A new change gives developers the option to create their own discounts separate from scheduled service-wide sales.

“As with the addition of a 'Recently Updated' section to Steam, this is another effort to shorten the distance between developers and customers,” says Valve’s Aiden Kroll. “This new Steamworks tool allows developers to configure discounts for their own products, on their own schedules. They can define custom sale periods or opt in to regularly scheduled sales. This will enable developers to better coordinate their promotions with events, announcements, or major updates they are planning for their products.”

The new Steamworks changes allow developers to set the discount amount and the time frame. Sales can be scheduled for up to two weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep, Summer Sale started today. Nothing that grabs me yet. Some of the games on my wishlist are 50% off but I'll hold out until the end.

Hoping for good discounts on games like Broken Age, The Banner Saga and Transistor, even if I wouldn't trust my laptop to run any of those...

• Hendo pinned this topic