passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo 3DS

Sly Reflex

I think £5 for a SNES game is pushing it frankly. I can have almost everything from that era and back running within minutes on a PC, so why would I pay through the nose to do it on my handheld? It isn't like they have to put a lot of time programming them especially for the 3DS, they ones on Wii were basically the same code just emulated on that hardware. I don't imagine anything has been changed here.

Saying that, I'll be buying Ocarina when it comes out, but then again I don't think that's a copy and paste job, they said it has new content specifically made for 3DS. I think I'm a bit of a hypocritical thinker when it comes to stuff like that. I'll be buying a lot of the other updates also, but then again none of them will be from the 80's/early 90's.

I've just had a GAME flyer through the post with a voucher giving you a 3DS (either colour) plus Zelda OoT for £179.99. Tempting. I have a bit of cash on my card as well so I would get it for £170.

Here's a list of forthcoming games, according to Joystiq.

Nintendo 3DS

Activision Publishing, Inc.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon™ June

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure™ Oct. 16

Generator Rex: Agent of Providence October

Spider-Man™: Edge of Time Fall

Aksys Games

BIT.TRIP SAGA End of Q3

ATLUS (Index Digital Media, Inc.)

MAHJONG CUB3D™ July 19

Shin Megami Tensei® :Devil Survivor Overclocked™ Aug. 23

Capcom Entertainment, Inc.

RESIDENT EVIL®: THE MERCENARIES 3D June 28

RESIDENT EVIL: Revelations TBA

D3Publisher

Angler's Club: Ultimate Bass Fishing™ 3D Summer

BEN 10™ GALACTIC RACING Fall

Electronic Arts Inc.

Need for Speed™ The Run Nov. 15

FIFA Soccer 12 Fall

The Sims™ 3 Pets Fall

Konami Digital Entertainment

Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights Summer

Frogger 3D Fall

Nikoli Pencil Puzzle Fall

METAL GEAR SOLID 3D SNAKE EATER Winter

Majesco Entertainment

Face Racers Photo Finish Sept. 6

The Hidden Oct. 4

Cooking Mama 4 Kitchen Magic Oct. 11

Pet Zombies Oct. 11

Nano Assault Nov. 15

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.

ACE COMBAT® 3D (working title) 2011

DualPenSports™ 2011

PAC-MAN® & GALAGA® DIMENSIONS 2011

PAC-MAN Party™ 2011

Tales of the Abyss ® TBA

TEKKEN ®3D (working title) TBA

Nintendo

The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D June 19

Star Fox 64™ 3D Sept. 11

Kid Icarus™: Uprising Holiday

Mario Kart™ Holiday

Super Mario™ Holiday

LEGO® City Stories™ 2012

Luigi's Mansion™ 2 2012

Animal Crossing™ TBA

Paper Mario™ TBA

NIS America, Inc.

Cave Story 3D Aug. 9

SEGA®

CRUSH™ 3D Sept. 6

Shinobi™ September

Captain America™: Super Soldier™Fall

Thor™: God of Thunder Fall

Sonic Generations™ November

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ February 2012

Square Enix, Inc. Heroes of Ruin™ Early 2012

Tetris Online, Inc.

Tetris® October

THQ Inc.

WWE®'12 Nov. 22

Ubisoft

Cubic Ninja™ June 14

Petz Fantasy™ 3D June 21

Driver® Renegade Aug. 30

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes™ Aug. 30

Puzzler Mind Gym (working title) Sept. 6

Imagine® Fashion Designer Oct. 11

Cute Puppies Oct. 25

Horses 3D Oct. 25

Imagine® Babyz 3D Oct. 25

Michael Jackson The Experience Oct. 25

NCIS (working title) Oct. 25

Raving Rabbids® 5 (working title) Nov. 1

Farm (working title) Nov. 15

The Adventures of Tintin (working title) Dec. 6

Rayman® Origins (working title)

March 13, 2012

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters June 7

Happy Feet Two™: The Videogame Fall

LEGO® Harry Potter™ : Years 5-7 Holiday

Coming to the Nintendo eShop

Gameloft

Let's Golf! 3D Summer

SEGA

Columns™ Summer

Dragon Crystal™ Summer

Shinobi™ Summer

Sonic Drift™ 2 Summer

Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble™ Summer

Nintendo Picture Lives! TBA

The Rolling Western™ TBA

I dont know if anyone knew about these but they are in the latest edition of ONM

On a GB game hold L and R and then press Y and the screen goes green screen in the old GB style.

When starting either a GB or GBC game up hold Start and Select and the game will be framed by a GB or GBC border. You can also flick the 3D on and play it in 3D - this looks really good!

I just this minute had to put my 3DS on charge as it died. I'll count up the hours it took as a pedometre with everything set to full. I think it'll be over 10 hours though Ben, It's done more than 2 hours in a sitting and been fine.

OK, I counted up. In sleep mode I totalled about 27 hours. About 20 minutes of that is collecting a pokemon through spot pass with everything set to max. In that time period (started on 25th) I've done something like 70,000 steps give or take. When the battery started dropping it dropped quite fast, it went from half full to dead over the course of a day.

If you're finding the battery life a bit on the short side, you may want to try this. It has some pretty good feedback on rllmuk.

Fat battery arrived last night from eBay. It definitely adds at least a third extra in height and weight, but feels satisfyingly weighty and solid.

It's like I've gone up from a 3DS to a 3DDS. Battery came fully charged, so set brightness to 5, power save off, played last night, downloaded some E3 videos, played Ghost Squad for almost an hour this morning, a friend just watched a couple of videos at work and the battery indicator is still at max.

Thanks for the recommendation and link - I'd also recommend getting one. £12.99 and it arrived next day. Bargain.

I also have the fat battery and think it's excellent. I got it last Wednesday and immediately charged it up, and didn't need to charge it again until last night. Admittedly I didn't spend much time playing actual 3DS games in those 6 days, but I played dsiware and virtual console games a fair bit and watched the trailers a few times. The wireless was also constantly on and I put it in sleep mode whenever I wasn't playing it. In similar conditions the original battery lasts about 2 days.

Based on that I'd say the fat battery approximately triples the time between charges. I've yet to have a proper session on a 3DS game though.

Another plus is that it makes the 3DS much more comfortable to hold. I did find my hand position a bit awkward before, but the extra thickness of the battery really helps with that. What would mmake it perfect would be if you could move the L and R buttons to the top corners of the battery cover. Obviously this is impossible but perhaps some sort of attachments that clip onto L and R and extend back over the battery cover? Wishful thinking I suppose.