passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

BulletStorm

retroed

I finished the campaign and overall it was enjoyable no doubt, but Echoes mode is bloody brilliant.

Its a score attack mode using bite sized sections of the game. Score is gained, like in the campaign, by killing in as many unique ways as possible. You start off picking three weapons and are given three Thumpers. Throughout the levels you'll find one or two more dropkits, thats the only time you can replenish your thumpers and charged ammo and more importantly switch weapons for those skillshots. Your score is then represented at the end by stars, the goal being to get three.

I spent three or four solid hours on it yesterday and i felt i was getting pretty good at it by the end. I managed to 3 star the first 14 levels and ive got all the Echoes based achievements.

Oh, and to my surprise im only 6 skillshots away from having all 131, didnt think id even get close to finishing that. Good times with Bulletstorm. Gonna try Anarchy mode, then do the campaign on Very Hard. Brrrrap.

• 6 months later...

this has been my next game after DP and its just brilliant, i couldnt imagine how the skillshots worked before starting but its the most fantastic addition to the fps genre in ...forever!

its so much fun its ridiculous.

my one & onyl complaint about the game is (like any game where you have AI comrades) they get in the way & steal kills!

still. brilliant games.

got all the dlc when it was on sale too so will be mopping up every bit of this.

• 11 years later...

A proper bump, this!

Just finished the full clip edition on the Xbox and I can truly say, for a 12 year old game, it's worn exceptionally well. It's super smooth and it's cartoon/realism pallette is basically timeless. I did play the original back in the day, and I suppose the best thing I can say is, yeah, that's how I remember it.

Strange it never got a sequel. Or was it not a success? I'm not sure.

Bloody great shooter though, probably my favourite after Titanfall 2.

70f37793-9842-4dcb-86ac-45946d7cfab1.png

I think it came out at a time where unless a game sold Call Of Duty numbers, it was considered a flop. This reviewed well, but I don’t think it sold brilliantly. 
Which is a shame, as it was an absolute riot. I really enjoyed it. 

What did the team make next? Outriders. A totally forgettable, utterly tedious looter-shooter, which will undoubtedly have the plug pulled any moment now. What an utter waste.

9 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

This reviewed well, but I don’t think it sold brilliantly.

What do shooter fans want? The Devs must have thought they had a monster on their hands, the way they set it up at the end for a follow up. 

Yeah, it was excellent. The guns were satisfying, booting enemies into traps was so much fun. 
But yeah, it “underperformed”. So I think it’s safe to say we will never see a sequel. 

I had hopes that Outriders would be as interesting as Bulletstorm. Sadly, it very much wasn’t. 

21 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

I think it came out at a time where unless a game sold Call Of Duty numbers, it was considered a flop. This reviewed well, but I don’t think it sold brilliantly. 
Which is a shame, as it was an absolute riot. I really enjoyed it. 

this is my memory of it. It doesn't seem like it was a hugely expensive game to make, but it felt like everything had to sell stupid numbers