passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel VS Capcom 3

DANGERMAN

I need a lot more time with this to properly form an opinion, but I'm enjoying it more each session with it. I'll be honest I was disappointed with it when I first played it last night. It's very based on systems, more so than MvsC2 (Giant Bomb talked about this), so when you start and dont know them (because the controls, timing, roster, and combo potentials are all different) it's hard to really enjoy it.

As you understand the air chaining, and find some characters who's combos click, and get around the limitations of the 3 attack buttons, it becomes increasingly brilliant. I've still not taken it online because I'll get mullered, but I've been playing my housemate for an hour or so. I had a great time, but the extra hours or sos play on my side made it a bit of a nightmare for him. Him struggling meant I got a bit of practice, but not pushed, so I'm still very low level.

Dante's reach makes him stand out, Wolverine can chain some ridiculous combos, Deadpool I like, and Doom and Wesker are monstrous.

The comic is shit aswell, glad I didnt pay extra for it

It is difficult in the beginning, but I think that is because I have become used to SF4 and that is totally different to this. I keep going back to top buttons for punch and bottom for kick which screws everything up.

Online I have been getting roasted. 9 losses to 1 win so far. There is a lot of new stuff to remember and its so fast so if you make one mistake you can easily get a character completely wiped out with one combo.

It looks lovely as well, I didnt like the style when I first saw screenshots but when its all moving it looks impressive. Wolverine is my most used character, probably followed by Iron Man (so I can spam his laserbeam and his super laser beam :) )

Oh - and I got the free T-shirt with the game, which for once is wearable and not absolutely huge.

I checked my Raptr after the first 2 days and its 12 hours played! Woops.

Got quite addicted to it, Still deciding on my team though, Dante has to be in though.

Thing i hate most however is player match lobbies, if you're not fighting, you're sitting watching 2 cards collide watch each other till its your turn. Wheres spectator mode?!

Some Jill Valentine gameplay has been released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VFeT5bbpfo&feature=player_embedded

• 2 weeks later...
Expect to see less players picking Sentinel in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 from now on, as Capcom has released a small patch that as well as providing other bug fixes, also severely nerfs Sentinel's health, taking it from 1,300,000 to 905,000 according to reports dug up by Shoryuken.

Changes introduced by Marvel vs. Capcom 3's Version 1.02 update include the following:

* Sentinel's health is now 905,000, down from 1,300,000

* The Haggar/Spencer freeze glitch is fixed

* The Spencer loop shown in this video is gone. Spencer's M follow up to ground QCF now bounces him up instead of returning him to the ground, so you don't land and can't keep it going

* Hit-stun deterioration on Akuma's air Tatsu is now more severe, preventing his infinite

* This update sets the game up for the new Event mode

Definately gonna see less Sentinals around.