passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Deadly Premonition

HandsomeDead

I have just started this - done the Prologue and now am just skidding around town having a nosey. Everything that has been said before is true, the driving is shit, it looks fucking terrible and the camera is all over the place.

But it has something - I'm not sure what yet - but Im definately going to keep going.

I like the way York talks to himself in the car while he is driving.

I have just started this - done the Prologue and now am just skidding around town having a nosey. Everything that has been said before is true, the driving is shit, it looks fucking terrible and the camera is all over the place.

But it has something - I'm not sure what yet - but Im definately going to keep going.

I like the way York talks to himself in the car while he is driving.

I know what you mean, once I got past the prologue I really started to like it too. Stuff like how the music comes in at completely inapropriate times and the really weird cutscenes. It's all wrong but just somehow enjoyable.

Unfortunately the christmas break and a massive backlog mean I haven't been back to it for a while.

Yes the driving monologues are great, loved the stuff about Tremors.

Unless you're planning on 100%-ing the game anyway, here's the side quests that you should try to do to make the game easier to deal with:

No. 5

Reward : Radio (fast travel device)

Load Chapter 6 (as it will be raining) and open your map to find the location of the Flower with No Name. Collect it, then load Chapter 2 and head to the sleeping spot at the Albireo Graveyard. Sleep for 12 hours, then go speak to George at his house to start and end this quest.

No. 11

Reward : .357 Magnum

Collect 7 Bones scattered around the town, then come into contact with Kaysen's dog, Willie. Willie will run off with your bones, so head to the kennel in the back of Kaysen's car to retrieve them. Don't do this until you have collected 7 bones, or else you won't get the Magnum.

No. 14

Reward : 10mm Submachine Gun

Buy the suspicious map from Keith, then head to the marked location and enter the "Other World" there. Clear the enemies from each room, and feel free to use as much ammo as you like, as the reward is the 10mm Submachine Gun with infinite ammo.

No. 15

Reward : 12Ga Shotgun CGB

Buy the suspicious map from Keith, then head to the marked location and enter the "Other World" there. Clear the enemies from each room, and feel free to use as much ammo as you like, as the reward is the 12Ga Shotgun CGB with infinite ammo.

No. 16

Reward : RPG

Buy the suspicious map from Keith, then head to the marked location (GV Electrical Substation) and enter the "Other World" there. Clear the bosses from each room, and feel free to use as much ammo as you like, as the reward is the RPG with infinite ammo.

Also go see Lysander in the junkyard and do his quests to improve the cars or get new ones.

• 4 months later...

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/868587-dont-buy-deadly-premonition-says-publisher-or-at-least-not-right-now

Don't buy Deadly Premonition, says publisher (or at least not right now)

Deadly Premonition was released as a Games on Demand title this week for £19.99, which didn't seem a bad deal at the time - especially considering the silly prices many of the other Games on Demand titles clock in at.

But it's still not cheap enough according to Rising Star, who had this to say when we asked them whether they'd gone crazy: 'We’ve got some problems with the pricing of Deadly Premonition on Xbox Live and the best thing to do at this stage is to hold off from purchasing.'

'We unfortunately do not have any further details on when the price will be set to our desired price of £14.99, we will release a statement as soon as we have further information. We must be the first publisher to ever advise not to buy our latest title,' admitted product manager Yen Hau.

Since we had them on the phone we also asked about the new game that Deadly Premonition's developer Access games recently announced they were working on.

'It’s been great working with SWERY and Access Games on Deadly Premonition. We hope that there will be further games in the series, but we cannot comment on forthcoming Deadly Premonition titles at this time or Access Games creating their own titles in the series,' was the initially noncommittal response.

'From interviews with SWERY we know he has considered making games set in the Deadly Premonition universe - and if the games go ahead we’d love to handle them, we’ll just have to wait and see,' was the more encouraging follow-up.

My disc version is still in its shrink wrap. :blush:

Think Mark still has my copy if anyone wants to borrow it?

I was in HMV yesterday and a new copy will set you back a mere 15 pounds, I'm sure you can it much cheaper online. Would heartily recommend it.

• 1 month later...

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/872628-deadly-premonition-developer-prequel-and-sequel-on-the-cards

Speaking to GameCentral at Gamescom today, SWERY said that he and developers Access Games had plans for a special edition of Deadly Premonition - the oddball survival horror that was one of our favourite games of last year (and recently got a cut-price Xbox Live release). The special edition would feature better graphics than the original (the original's graphics are pretty bad).

He also said that he had plans for both a prequel and a sequel to the game - which divided critics, but won an enthusiastic fanbase for its blend of Lynchian weirdness, comedy, open-world gameplay and outright horror.

And SWERY also revealed that he was planning an original game as well, which would be an action adventure in a similar story-led mode to Deadly Premonition - and that they have attracted interest from Western publishers off the back of Deadly Premonition's success.

He'd already said back in June that Access had started early work on a new title, and were looking for a publisher - although whether he's talking about the same game isn't clear.

SWERY did point out that none of these plans are set in stone, so they could all eventually come to nothing - but the news that publishers are interested certainly gives us hope that we might see more of what we called 'as unique a vision as video gaming has ever seen' in our review last November.

I think some people will like this a lot.

Think i'm going to get back this at the weekend after all this recent talk. Picked it up ages ago, played it for a few hours and then just didn't go back to it.

Everyone who's played it always goes on about how good it is, but even though I enjoyed it in a so-bad-it's-good B-movie kind of way, I still feel like everyone has banded together and is having a laugh at my expense when I play it :D

Everyone who's played it always goes on about how good it is, but even though I enjoyed it in a so-bad-it's-good B-movie kind of way, I still feel like everyone has banded together and is having a laugh at my expense when I play it :D[/size]

I thought that, that it was a big wind-up and it was actually terrible but it was all a big joke. But I loved it. It's very clunky controls-wise and graphically pretty shocking (and let's not even mention the map system) but it really is a brilliant game.

• 1 month later...

whats wrong with the map?

Not being able to zoom out all the way was a pain but for me one of the biggest problems was that the map would constantly rotate and I spent the first part of the game constantly turning round each time I would consult the map until I figured it out. Needlessly painful.

Game is tits though.