passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mass Effect 3

Hendo

Casey Whatshisface put on twitter the other day that the DLC isn't important to the main story and you can play it just fine without. Can't be bothered to find it as he posts like a million things a day at the moment.

Fair enough. Thanks Jimbo :)

So basically charging for something similar to what they gave away to people who bought new last time?

Hoping it is lightweight in a way. Having something substantial to the game to buy on day one is a bit gross.

They keep trying to justify it by saying it was developed after the game was finished and sent off for certification etc but day one DLC needs to stop regardless. They need to realise that the majority of punters don't see the time frame the way they do. There's no reason not to believe what they're saying isn't actually the case, but if they'd just waited three or four weeks before releasing it the backlash would've been way less.

Besides all of the hoohaa about when it's being released, who buys extra missions for a game they're currently playing anyway? I'd say most people look for extra content only after they've finished the game, not halfway through.

how can having "one of them" as a non plot related optional character work?

will you get the usual "we have received reports of unusual readings form planet x, eminating from some ancient alien ruins"

shepard "sweet lets go check it out whilst the reapers fuck up all our shit, its probably those shitty monkey things from that planet in the 1st game".

land on planet, have a bit of a fight etc, "oh look its a "one of them", this is incredible, it will impact on everything we think we know".

one of them "glub glub" (hyper advanced glub glubbing of course) translates to "i was running away from the reapers and fell into a well, ive been stuck here since!"

shepard "well thats just fascinating, now welcome aboard, dont touch anything & shut the fuck up!".

that annoys me (will still buy it though, wankers).

My N7 Collector's Edition has been processed and payment taken, ready to be sent on Wednesday. :o

I pre-ordered it on a whim when they became available again, and wasn't 100% whether I was going to keep the order or not. I guess my mind has been made up for me now, with ShopTo processing almost a week early. :lol:

20hrs into Mass Effect 2 and its DLC. I think ME3 is going to sit by the wayside for a little while. Got the pre-order Warfare pack to go with the rest of it, though.

It's all good.

Sometimes the Eurogamer comments page brings up gold.

This review will be music to GAME group's collective ears! Scores like this will have the public flocking to GAME stores in their droves, filling their coffers and maybe, just maybe, digging them out of the hole they are in in the process. Three cheers for Mass Effect 3 - Huzzah!

:D

Nowt wrong with an 8. I'm sure they justified it.

it was watery enough tbh, gamecentral/metros pointed out more real flaws and they saw fit to give it a 9.

still love that site, miss the teletext version though!

Hang on, let me get my tin opener.

So, if they are pointing out real flaws in the game, why does it deserve to get a 9. An 8 is still a very very high score, and if there are flaws in the game the score should represent that, or have no score at all.