passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo Reach

Jimboxy

So close to finishing it - I think - I am trying to clear the bad guys so Keyes(?) can land and I got to a wave that I just couldnt get past so I gave up. A break was needed - I usually clear problem fights with no problem after a break.

Still not managed to assasinate anyone yet :(

So close to finishing it - I think - I am trying to clear the bad guys so Keyes(?) can land and I got to a wave that I just couldnt get past so I gave up. A break was needed - I usually clear problem fights with no problem after a break.

Yea, your pretty close. Possibly another half hour.

Still not managed to assasinate anyone yet :(

Load up Nightfall once your done, it actually tells you to assassinate an Elite right at the beginning and even puts a marker on him. How the hell did you miss that?

Well my plan of finishing it before Saturday has taken a tumble - I've spent ages on it so far and was convinced that I was about 3/4 through. Then I looked at a guide to see the list of missions and I'm on number 3 of 10. :(

I'm on Nightfall and getting nowhere fast.

I couldn't be arsed reading all that. Did they make it so that you couldn't be kicked after 1 TK?

no mention of that. it's a bit of a lose lose situation when someone wants to be a twit though, you could get away with one in halo3 and that didn't really help matters.

although it wasn't on the list, they have apparently made the betrayal system more like halo 3 in the update.

The Nightfall mission is an absolute cunt on Legendary. Most levels you will just have 1 or 2 bits where you have to fight for every yard. Nightfall however, makes you fight every fucking inch of the level. The only bit I didn't fight were those two dog things, I doubt I would have been able to kill them anyway.

I've noticed on Heroic that there are a couple of sections you can skip just by running straight throught them and getting to the next checkpoint or little cutscene. It assumes that you got there by killing everything and lets you continue onwards.

I may or may not have used this to get past a particularly annoying bit on campaign 10 :blush:

Totally, there are bits I ran past on Legendary (or where I am up to) just to get my guys to follow up and kill everything. It is worth the risk of running past and behind them and finding somewhere to hide while the Covenant are busy with Noble.

I was planning on trading this in now I'm done with the campaign, but I gave the multiplayer a quick go and it's superb! I just had my first game of Classic Slayer, and finished top. :D I love the way it stores your games so you can watch them again or upload to share. I'll be keeping this one in my collection for the foreseeable future.

MISSION: New Alexandria

OBJECTIVE: Work your way in killing the Brutes, then work you way back out killing the Elites.

Now getting in wasn't that hard. Getting out? A complete and utter cunt. That bit is even hard when there are a few of you, never mind when you are alone. Eventually I managed it and pissed the rest of the level easily, but to quote Illdog's "Fuck a cock" he said a while back, that bit is silly silly hard. I drilled it in the mouth eventually though, fucking thing.

Just 2 more proper missions to do now, neither of which I remember that well apart from the one where you can make the guns pop up. I seriously hope there are no more cunt bits in though.

n Bungie's latest weekly update, the developer stated that not only would Halo: Reach be receiving the already announced campaign matchmaking update next week, but the title should also receive the widely requested dedicated Sniper and Infection playlists.

Currently scheduled for an October 19th release - pending final testing and review of course - Bungie stated, "The final changes are subject to change and pending final test review but it’s our hope to roll out a dedicated Infection and Snipers playlist amidst a slew of other changes."

Here's hoping things don't change between now and then!

In other Halo: Reach related news, interestingly, Bungie stated that as of October 2nd, only 5% of players have currently achieved the 'A Monument to All Your Sins' achievement which requires you complete the campaign on legendary... on your own! So congrats to those who have it.

And finally, following on from last week's mega-banning, Bungie also stated that "you won't get banned or punished for playing loads of Gruntpocalypse online to earn credits" and that "anything you do to legitimately earn credits is fine and dandy."

Solo Legendary done. The Package was very easy, think I died twice, once where I was jipped on the Moongoose and once with a lucky tank hit. The Pillar of Autumn was fucking way hard, the bit that they ripped out for the firefight map and the bit after it is a pain if like me you fuck up with what weapons you are holding. Once you get the right combo though, it becomes a cake walk.

downloaded some remakes of halo 2 maps people have done in forge, there's an awesome lockout one that seemed near perfect, checked out a few different headlong ones and one turf and zanzibar - they were decent aproximations but not perfect by a long shot. weather they were good or not they must have taken ages to make, can't wait till bungie put all the best ones in a playlist :D they do mostly look very grey and dull mind.

oh and a new map pack of 3 maps for 800 points was anounced for 30th november too.