MFGamers

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sly Reflex

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Played more BF1943 this evening after some MW2. BF1943 was far more enjoyable. So much so, in fact, that the three of us have just ordered a copy of Bad Company 2 each. Twelve quid on TheHut.com is not to be sniffed at. So yeah. Me, alexik72 and sibernet will be playing it next Friday night if our copies arrive by then. I think Cyberpunk has it as well, although he hasn't played it yet.

This should make Sly Reflex happy. <_<

:wub:

Played more BF1943 this evening after some MW2. BF1943 was far more enjoyable. So much so, in fact, that the three of us have just ordered a copy of Bad Company 2 each. Twelve quid on TheHut.com is not to be sniffed at. So yeah. Me, alexik72 and sibernet will be playing it next Friday night if our copies arrive by then. I think Cyberpunk has it as well, although he hasn't played it yet.

This should make Sly Reflex happy. <_<

:wub:

i gotta admit, even though i love cod, BF1943 was better as there weren't people just sitting around doing nothing!! and no lag!!

We had a torrid time against a few clans tonight. One particular group using a TG prefix used Carl Gustavs and 40mmGL as primary weapons. It didn't help them though, we fucking beast them out the game after a particularly hard spanking. I wont lie though, I was getting way pissed off with them, it's not often I send messages for opponents being cheap or allies being lazy, but a few messages got sent out to reds tonight for not playing Queensberry rules. They had some particular dickish behaviour I'm hoping to see none of in the future.

It was also a good night for knifing friends in the back. In one game I got Robotic money, Blagmasterg, Bodertron and K1NG L33R x2. It then put me on their team so I couldn't get mine stolen from me. Classic. :lol:

I'm trying to drum up some interest in the new Character Select forum, so I think maybe next Friday you might see a lot of people on you know if you ever frequented the Gamerdork forums. It's just a case of joining us and hoping that you are fighting for the side that has my squaddies on it. If you're not though, I dare you to come and try and take my tags. :P

I need to do:-

MG3

NEOSTEAD 200 COMBAT

M24 SNIPER

TYPE 88 SNIPER

VSS SPECIAL

XM8 LMG

M95 SNIPER

M1 GARAND

870 MCS

And from 'Nam:-

M60

AK47

M40

M16A1

RPK

PPSH

UZI

M10

M14

Some are really close to taking a gold star, Certainly all vanilla guns have got at least 25 kills. I've yet to use a lot of the 'Nam ones properly, I have not even used the UZI once. :blink:

I need to do:-

MG3

NEOSTEAD 200 COMBAT

M24 SNIPER

TYPE 88 SNIPER

VSS SPECIAL

XM8 LMG

M95 SNIPER

M1 GARAND

870 MCS

And from 'Nam:-

M60

AK47

M40

M16A1

RPK

PPSH

UZI

M10

M14

Some are really close to taking a gold star, Certainly all vanilla guns have got at least 25 kills. I've yet to use a lot of the 'Nam ones properly, I have not even used the UZI once. :blink:

Thank fuck that M40 sniping bollocks is over. I managed to scrape a Huey kill as well tonight. I should have 50 by the time BF4 rolls around.

I was lucky last night. I got in a conquest game that stuck on Hill 137 and as Charlie I'd run up and cap C and then rub these two guys that kept coming up. I'd swap positions every few kills and watch them go to my last location only to get a bullet in the fucking head. On top of that whenever B flashed I went and shot them. This went on for about 6 matches, so I racked up enough kills to ditch the Recon kit in 'Nam. I'm so tired about the PBR, you will blatantly hit them in the head as it's the only part of them showing, yet not get a kill. That's some fucking bullshit. I had a few longshots that had dubious hitboxes too, I think sometimes the game compensates for lag as it's clear you haven't hit them but you get the kill and points anyway.

Is everyone a VIP now if they buy this game? I don't remember entering my VIP code when I bought the game a couple years ago, but I have access to the 7 map packs. I notice on the back of the case it says 'single use code expires April 1, 2011'. I entered it anyway, and it said it was valid, but it didn't change anything.

Is everyone a VIP now if they buy this game? I don't remember entering my VIP code when I bought the game a couple years ago, but I have access to the 7 map packs. I notice on the back of the case it says 'single use code expires April 1, 2011'. I entered it anyway, and it said it was valid, but it didn't change anything.

I think you put in your code when you played before.

I'm sure I gave the code to someone on rllmuk as I had no intention to play its multiplayer at the time. I'll see if sibernet has the VIP stuff available before he enters the code, as he hasn't played the game before.

A 1.64GB update for multiplayer is currently downloading.

I don't know why but I've got an odd hankering to play this as well..

£12.85 at The Hut, but currently on 'Usually dispatched within a month'. It says Classics version, but we got originals. I think we took their last three copies. :lol:

Sibernet has informed me that he was prompted for the VIP code straight away, so I must have registered it last time. I would have had a spare code now, but I put that one in as well. Thinking about it, it was the VIP pass for Mehdal of Honor that I gave away.

I got BC2 for Xbox maybe a week ago, im now desperately trying to match my ridiculous time in Black Ops despite mild FPS fatigue, Bad Company 2 is a really amazing game.

The campaign is decent, though reaches an uncomfortable point where it isnt quite as action packed as a COD game and isnt quite as open as the predecessor (Judging by the demo).

Multiplayer is a blast, I currently play as an engineer and tend to be middling on the scoreboards, with the occasional streak of greatness. That UMP is taking forever to reach though <_<

Does Vietnam actually improve it much? or is it just a change of scenery?

All the Engineer guns are really nice to use, except the Uzi. 'Nam has 4 new maps, all rolled in retro 'Nam goodness, including time specific guns, vehicles music and some ultra jungly maps. If you have ever seen a Vietnam war film, that's what you are in for.

Played for an hour or so tonight with sibernet. We were playing Conquest, and our team won two out of the three games. Really enjoyed what we played. I came top in one game, so we must have been in a game full of n00bs or something. Playing as assault mostly at the moment, with a bit of medic. Definitely twelve quid well spent.