passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sly Reflex

On the Temple on 'Nam Conquest I used to lay TNT al over the flag and blow it when I noticed the ticker going down blow it up for a few east kills. I tried setting other traps but it hardly ever works because of me wanting to run about. If I try and camp out watching c4 I feel like I'm wasting my time. Apparently if you have explosive enhanced on perks it's easier to kill with mortars. They drop way too late though, like you say, by the time they have dropped everyone has been killed anyway.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally mortars are easy. Place them when a crate is flashing, drop them on tanks, known sniping positions etc. My difficulty is getting kills with light vehicles.

I do drop them in tanks, and I normally get the 130 points for destroying, but the swines driving always get away with their lives.

Personally I'd never get in a light vehicle, unless I needed to be on the scene fast. Even then it's a risky proposition, there are just to many engineers ready to spoil your run. There are certain levels where driving round can cause panic though, Atacama seems to be the best one for me, especially on Rush on the 1st base. There are a few ways in and out which can make predicting where you are going to go hard. I've had plenty of assists driving around there with someone gunning.

Light vehicles I just use as portable gun turrets. I'll find somewhere over looking a popular route for infantry and park up and rain lead all over them. Don't stick around too long as an angry engineer will sort you out.

And the mortar on the crate thing never works for me. Dudes are just never there.

Well, thats all the badges apart from C4 kills, Mortar kils, Shotgun service and Marksman. I actually found a sniper rifle I really like to snipe with which takes the tedium out of sitting miles away from the action, but I'm still not picking up kills with the mortars, even with the sage advice from everyone that's mastered them.

I think once that's done I'll go for gold stars on all weapons if I can be bothered. It depends how much I play it between now and BF3 arrival.

• 2 weeks later...

http://deltagamer.com/7065/interview-with-the-worlds-oldest-battlefield-player

Remember Jaap, the 66 year old retired guy who claims to be the world’s oldest Battlefield player? He was featured on DeltaGamer a few days ago, after his squad buddies posted a hilarious video about Jaap on YouTube.

We got the chance to ask him some questions about him and his love for gaming.

Can you tell us something about yourself and the work you did before your retirement?

Before I retired, I was a host on TV and a radio DJ. I was lucky to have met a lot of interesting artists such as Stevie Wonder, Abba, Nina Hagen from Germany, Kylie Minogue, The Group Europe, Princess Stephanie from Monaco, Barry Gibb from The Beegees, Olivia Newton John, Boney M, Fleetwood Mac, Van Halen, Chubby Checker, Kim Wilde, etc. I realize that I am a lucky man and quite blessed.

Your video got very popular within a few days on YouTube (half a million views in the first week). What do you think about this publicity? Did you expect so much attention?

I never ever thought that so many people in the world would enjoy this video that much. It was a nice evening meeting with the squad and it was fun that they wanted to make this little video with me. I am absolutely flabbergasted and also quite humble.

You claim to be the oldest Battlefield player around. But how can you be sure? Have you done extensive research to figure it out?

My squad had teased me about being the oldest player, but I couldn’t have known for sure. It was just a running joke within our squad and ended up being the title of the video.

What does your family think about your love for games?

First, I would like to say for the record, that my wife whose photograph was shown in the video, is not dead and still thankfully with us. My wife is Nora and she sometimes thinks that I spend a little bit too much time playing. My two sons, on the other hand, are part of the squad and they are very proud of their Dad.

And what do your peers think about it?

They think it is simply fantastic and are contemplating purchasing the game to play too! So, watch out for us old-timers!

When was your first encounter with video games?

Well, I didn’t begin playing until after I retired and the first game I ever played was Call of Duty when I was 59 years old. One thing led to another and I ended up playing Battlefield on the Playstation.

And what about Battlefield?

I started playing Battlefield: Bad Company 1 because my sons and their friends invited me to join them on the PS3.

What do you think of Battlefield’s competitors, such as the Call of Duty franchise, and why do you prefer Battlefield?

I have played Call of Duty and initially enjoyed it, but I prefer Battlefield because it requires more strategy and team play.

Do you also play games other than Bad Company 2?

Every now and then I will hop back to 1943 or Vietnam, so I’m pretty much only currently playing Battlefield games, but if anyone has other game suggestions they would like to share with me, I’d be happy to try them!

How many hours a day do you game?

My normal, daily game play consists of 2-3 hours a day, but since the video I have been playing almost all day because of all of the kind, wonderful and supportive attention I have received.

Can you tell us something about the “ADHD Squad”?

The ADHD squad is a group of friends playing for fun. It isn’t highly competitive; just good old, gaming fun. The squad consists of myself, my two sons, and a handful of their close friends.

Can you explain your nickname “Wacko Jacko”?

As a journalist, I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Jackson and several of his family members. Michael Jackson was also known as ‘Wacko Jacko’ and I took this nickname to honor him.

What is your favorite class and playing style?

*Not bunny hopping, haha!* I enjoyed medic a lot, but lately I’ve been trying my hand at the Engineer class which I’m also really enjoying at the moment. I am not a sniper. I like to attack!

What is, in your opinion, the key to success on the battlefield?

It is an absolute must to work together with your teammates and squad mates, but it is also extremely important to have fun and laugh while you are playing.

Why do you play on PlayStation 3 and not on PC or Xbox 360?

I play on the PS3 because that is where all of my friends play. If they would be on the Xbox, then I would also be on the Xbox.

What are your thoughts on Battlefield 3? Are you going to buy it, or are you going stick to Bad Company 2?

I received a preorder of Battlefield 3 as a Father’s Day present and am looking forward to it with great anticipation! From what I have seen I think it will be awesome! I want to be a General again!

What do you like to do besides gaming?

I love taking my boat to Amsterdam or Volendam to buy some smoked eel or herring. Look it up, it’s delicious!

Anything else you would like to add?

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for their kind words, nice messages and support. If I could, I would be a Grandpa to every single one of you! I really mean that. Secondly, I want everyone to know that gaming is about fun and it doesn’t matter on which platform you play and enjoy the game. I’ll see you on the Battlefield! Wacko Jacko signing off.

I like this man. Even he thinks snipers are cunts.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying top wring the last of the achievements for this game. Unfortunately that means more fucking sniping. I know most people complain about the SVD being shit, but the M21 takes the biscuit. It's fucking useless. At least the SVD is something like accurate.

The fucking 'Nam helicopters are a joke as well. I've seen people just manning the miniguns on the ground because it's fucking impossible to kill anything with it otherwise. I think that might be the biggest pain out of all the 'Nam achievements if I'm being honest. I took one out on my own with just my SVD, something is wrong there.

• 2 weeks later...