passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sly Reflex

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In tonights session I managed to rocket a chopper netting me a double kill, kill a dude with my SMG, capture a flag and get a squad attack order. Quite unremarkable until you realise I did all this in about 3 seconds. It was fucking mental. The point counter was going fucking mental. :awe:

I think I've got enough points for this, I shall boot it up and have a gander. :)

What exactly is in this pack? I know there's a bunch of new maps but what modes and classes are there?

5 maps. Same 4 classes with era specific equipment. Period specific vehicles. 60's soundtrack.

That was great. :)

I even ended up top for one round and got an achievement for my trouble, how that happened I'm not too sure.

Played all the maps though one of them I think I came in near the end. The most surprising thing was that it was on Conquest and not Rush.

It's good stuff, they got the Nam feel down.

Some great moments including when Sly was on fire (literally) and was running round in circles screaming, "Heal me! Heal me!" and his soldier avatar was screaming, "Aarrgh! Aaaarrgh!". He then set me on fire by spreading it around. <_<

This is true, I kind of hope we don't go back to vanilla too often though, I want to get my money's worth out of 'Nam. In my case, getting the money's worth means getting to know the maps as I really feel comfortable with most of the vanilla maps, though I haven't played much of the last few VIP packs.

• 1 month later...

Thought Sly & The Gang might appreciate this (or already have seen it)

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

• 2 months later...

I had some awesome games of this tonight. I was expecting to be terrible at it because I hadn't played for over 2 months. I soon settled into my rut of arse kicking (and the usual swearing that comes with it) though. So many Battlefield moments.

Watching Fallducking come so close to getting roadkilled by a humvee, only for the dumbass driver to drive over my mine mm's away from a certain kill.

Firing a RPG at a humvee 'from the hip' because I missed the 1st shot, only to hit it so hard its wreckage ended up on the top of the crate building.

Dropping out of the sky and killing 3 people with one Gustav in the garage on Arica.

Spending all game tracer tagging a tank that got the driver so frustrated that when he eventually killed me, he got out of the tank to teabag the floor.

Moments where Rambo couldn't have even pulled of similar feats of gunning down reds. There were a few times where I spawned in the action, and ran out of ammo within about 20 seconds. Intense fighting. There is no other way to describe it.

This game. :wub:

• 1 month later...

IMG_20110615_170043.jpg

Hours of dedication have come to fruition. I've also got at least a gold star in all weapons and vehicles for normal and 'Nam. I've thought about hitting level 50, I'm level 40 now but as I understand it the level ups become steeper and steeper so it will take me a while. I think I'll be giving it a bit of a rest now or I'll be fed up of it by the time BF3 hits and we can't have that.

Though I have promised to teach a CoD player how to play this recently so I will still be on it a little.

Level 38 is exactly halfway to level 50 in the grand scheme of things. I need to work on my C4 and mortar kills, along with shotty kills. I wont bother gold stars on the sniper rifles because shooting people with them is for fucking pussies. I still need to get a few more marksman headshots, but once that's unlocked recon can well and truly fuck off.

With the bolt action rifles you can still be dynamic. Anyone camping using a recon aren't getting nearly as many points as they could if they moved around more. I mean you've got motion sensors so you can find enemies, and just make sure you've got your pistol ready while moving. If you're sharp then a the Rex can rival anything an assault, engineer or support has. The only rifle that caused me problems was the SVD on 'Nam; fucking useless in every way.

Getting mortar kills took ages, I never got used to using it effectively. If you see a group lit up then so does everyone else and they're always dead before your mortars hit the ground.

I thought the C4 one you take ages but I got quite good at sneaking up on tanks. There was one time on Operation Hastings I killed 14 people with TNT. All dozy buggers in tanks.