passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Just Cause 2

Dunkster

This is due on March 26th and after watching a few trailers I can honestly say I want it now!! It looks a bit like Mercenaries meets GTA but seems to have that nice balance of city/countryside that I so missed in GTAIV. The whole map is open from the start for you to have the maximum amount of fun & go wherever you please & cause complete carnage - no islands to unlock here..

http://www.justcause.com/home

Something from the Homepage. I don't know what planet Gamestation live on, I went in again to question them on their

"Sept" release date for this & they basically said that their dates are right & the internet is wrong!!! :lol: Its

even 26th March on Just Cause 2's home page!! Where Gamestation get their information from I'd

love to know. They've even got Splinter cell still down for a Feb release & I know its been shifted

to April.

• 3 weeks later...

Demo is brilliant. :)

It's timed to 30 minutes but it only starts when you leave the initial area and go down the mountain, otherwise you could piss around till the cow's come home.

Unless there's some co-op or multiplayer added at a later date, the PS3 version might be the one to get due to the ability to upload clips to youtube.

This is how big the game world is, when you play the demo you'll realise how big - the demo area is the bit shaded in yellow where the arrow is. :o

P3040090.jpg

I'm not sure yet, but you'd hope for unlimited plays. Word on the funky street says that it's just a timer for that playthrough, you can come back to it another session and play again.

*EDIT*

I attached a grappling hook to a civilian and the other end to the bottom of a hill and watched them fly down. Also one end to one civilian who was running away from me and the other end to another one. :)

And one enemy attached to a motorbike and then I jumped on and ragged it round for a while.

Oh, and you can add time to your playthrough depending on the mad stuff you get up to.

I started off by base jumping and then nicked a motor bike by grappling a woman off it and rode it off another cliff and did some more parachuting then I discharged my weapon in a town by accident then some guys started chasing me and I got in a jeep with awful handling and couldn't shoot out of it, so then I jumped on the bonnet grappled some guy hanging out of their jeep, wrestled with the controls some more, then got killed by a pickup with a minigun on the back. Then I thought this game is dumb and deleted it off my HDD.

I don't like any game like this and this one hasn't changed my mind.

I can't wait for this but some have said it could get quite repetative and the grapple (as awesome as it is) simply makes the game a one trick wonder. Still I adore sandbox games I can simply piss around in for hours on end doing what the hell I like & causing as much mayhem as possible!