passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bayonetta

DANGERMAN

Surprised there arent some impressions for this already, but here goes. It's a videogame, and I know that's stating the obvious, but that's what it is.

I've played 45 minutes, and the vast majority of that i've been invincible, chaining together ridiculous combinations, spinning around spraying bullets in a million different directions, and fighting alongside some giant guy who burst out of a coffin. Everything about it is ludicrous, so stupid you cant help but laugh, and it all adds to the fun.

I cant really comment on the combat till it gets tougher, but so far it's a lot of fun

I meant to post some impressions today but never got around to it.

I'm about 3 hours in and its superb fun, just completely ridiculous. I've never really played games like this before (God of War on PSP and about an hour of the first devil may cry is my background) but the controls and fight mechanic seem to be excellent. There seems to be a lot of depth to the combo's and chains if you get good at it. I seem to be falling into the bash kick until stuff dies method of playing, which towards the end of my session last night was beginning to fail me.

Of home to play it now actually so will post up more this evening or over the weekend.

Really enjoy playing this, bout 5 hours in on chapter 8. Its easier than DMC In my opinion but ive heard from DMC experts that theyre struggling with this, The combo system is massive, the combos i have seen pulled off by other is ridulous!

The enemies are stunning, enemies that ive never would of though off.

Theres quite alot of sexual humour in it too.

What i didnt know about before is theres load of different weapons where you can attach different things to your hands and feet but to buy everything is so expensive!

I saved up for my first accessory yday, 100,000 halos gone just like tht >.<

Camera issues are the only thing I'm having, it moves too slowly and in battle it can go in really odd and unhelpful places, I've sometimes lost perspective in fights. Its deffinatly harder than DMC, 3 and 4 atleast. I've just learnt how to

turn into a panther

and I've died loads, there are some nasty instant death bits which sucks, been victim to them a few times.

But other than that stuff, its awesome. It just has a really robust combat system, I'm loving the fiery claws that lay mines.

.. And the girl knows how to pull a lever.

You can change the camera speed in the options, but yeah it is a bit slow. One other minor issue is some v-sync, better than slowdown but in the town area it was pretty frequent just shifting the camera about.

The boss at the end of that section killed me

the one where it's got one head trapped inside a building, slamming the pillars down, and the other comes in from the side and throws fireballs

I couldn't read the timing to dodge stuff. But it did kind of drill home the importance of dodging, especially as it doesnt throw health at you

just completed this and loved every single second. only found a couple of bits hard, apart from that found it fairly easy going (though i did play the demo alot) saying that though, my ratings were pretty rubbish at the end of all levels.

I really have nothing negative to say about it, even the QTE bits which i normally hate were ok.

combat's definately ALOT deeper than it even appears when you've completed it once, there's quite a few different weapons to combine on set A or B, the all have their own combos.

may have finally found a better action game than ninja gaiden black!

loved all the little clover/platinum & sega references too, especially:

the space harrier bit (not really a spoiler, but nice to find out for yourself!)

The fiery claws can lay mines?

Hell yeah, you hold down the attack button. If you do it right next to an enemy (which is most likely) then it blows up right away. I find its a good move in large groups, its gonna hit something. I also found when you rotate the left stick and attack they turn into electric claws. Full of surprises those.. just a shame the arn't as quick/powerful as the sword.

Heres an Easter Egg for you guys

I don't know if anyone noticed yet, but when a cutscene is playing, and Bayonetta is sucking a lolly pop, if you hold down the button that matches the color of the lolly pop you get an item.

So if she's sucking a green lolly pop, hold down and you will recieve a green herb lolly.

Haven't played much of this because of Fallout 3.

Last night I just couldn't get past one of those metal doors you have to bash until it all lights up. This one required you do the thing with the statues to intitate Witch Time and run back down the corridor, but it kept running out before I got through the door.

Must find more time to play, it's been brilliantly camp and fun so far.

remember that you get 10 seconds before you have to activate the lightning bolt

I went back and did the first level last night, it's amazing how much you improved, I did it without taking damage. I tried the lollipop thing, hasnt worked for me but I'll keep trying. I'm going on to chapter 10, doesn't look like there's that much left?

My only currant grievance is that quite often when I dodge I accidentally turn into a panther, especially if there's more than one enemy around

My only currant grievance is that quite often when I dodge I accidentally turn into a panther, especially if there's more than one enemy around

this.

Plus I've had a few issues with the camera, apart from that its all good.

Think I'm almost done now, gave

Jeanne the beating of a life time (fuck me that was epic, favourite bit so far, amongst many awesome bits)Think i'm on about chapter 14 or 15.

I'm a little confused by the plot, but nothing to bad, just not sure how some of the pieces fit together.

The enemy design in this game constantly amazes me, some of them are breath taking.

I've found something I hate about Bayonetta. I'm on a mission where i have to kill all the enemies using Wicked Weave attacks (the giant hair hands/feet that occur at the end of combos), unfortunately as it says in the brackets, they appear at the end of combos. If only the damage dealt by them during a combo counted then it wouldnt be a problem, the problem is that if you connect with the enemy your combo ends. The only success I've had is a 3 hit combo, that doesnt deal much damage, and is still a cunt to pull off if there's lots of enemies around

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, or if I even have to be here (Alfeim or whatever it's called). If I am and I do, then it's shit and tedios, at odds with the rest of the game

EDIT: I didnt have to do it, but fuck thats shit (I still cant quite manage it :( )

Those are challenges tthose things, I only found three in my first playthrough. One with no witch time which was easy enough, an out of body one where you have to kill the badies before they kill the actual you and that one Ben mentioned, I couldn't be arsed with it when those armoured guys spawned.