passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

illdog

Tis a thing of beaty so far.

Much the same as Phantom Hourglass graphicly and gameplay wise (not dungeon wise....yet) and obviously this is no bad thing. Ive just got my first 'glyph' and got what was basically a rather large introduction to the gam out of the way. The train is a straight up replacement for the boat but i already like it better, plush green grass for the win.

Just a short post but its brilliant so far, and i defy you not to smile first time you pull the trains rope. Toot toot!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the deadest Zelda thread ever. :(

Ive just got my second glyph, im just off to arse about in some snowy landscape. Good news, no repeating dungeon, Nintendo must have listened. You go back to the same place each time but you dont have to repeat what youve already done again. If it was this fear stopping you from picking this up the fear no more and buy.

Because its pretty much the same as Phantom Hourglass just with trains inseatd of boats ita still got the same problems as Hourglass in relation to controls, i find it hard to access weapons quickly when in a fight which is still as frustrating as it was.

I dont want to say too much about whats going on as im sure this will be played by others come Christmas but its a great game, another Zelda classic.

You go back to the same place each time but you dont have to repeat what youve already done again. If it was this fear stopping you from picking this up the fear no more and buy.

It was this that put me off, but I got burned on Phantom Hourglass and I'm not interested in going through another Zelda like this again for a while. I'd rather go back through Link To The Past, to be honest.

Yeah - the tower isnt the same problem as it was in Phantom Hourglass - Im on the third floor at the moment and while it is annoying its because of my hatred of

dark areas that you have to light up

not because of replaying the floors before :)

You go back to the same place each time but you dont have to repeat what youve already done again. If it was this fear stopping you from picking this up the fear no more and buy.

It was this that put me off, but I got burned on Phantom Hourglass and I'm not interested in going through another Zelda like this again for a while. I'd rather go back through Link To The Past, to be honest.

Dude, try it.

Yeah, you go back to the same temple but there is zero repetition. Its like coming home to find my wife in stockings/suspenders rather than a peep hole Mrs Santa outfit, same principle but totally different and therefore enjoyable experience.

They certainly seem to have paid attention to criticsm aimed at Phantom Hourglass.

I had a day off yesterday, put hours and hours into this. Loving it.

Turned it off once the missus got home then went to bed early but ended up playing it til about 1am, it's really great!

Im addicted to filling up my stamp book at the moment. I kept a mental not of stamp pads ive encountered around the world so far and when i finally recieved my book i did my thing. Pointless addition but great at the same time - thats the sort of thing i love about Zelda.

I do miss having a horse, it would be so much easier than a train or a boat. But...

I found my first warp last night on my way to the Snow Temple (kind of), thats a good inclusion because it does take a while to get anywhere

Im on my own at work this afternoon so i take advantage and play this. Snow Temple ahoy.

I'm stuck on it at the moment. The guy is

mending the bridge and I have to find the ring to make 5000 rupees

but I cant work out what to do at all. I suspect it may be something musical I need to do as

a statue gives off coloured lights which I guess correspond to the pan pipes I have

I play it on the train with the sound turned down so I may be missing something.

I have this and I have never played Phantom Hourglass. Is there something I am going to miss because they broke the sacred Zelda rule of not carrying on the story like a big bunch of silly idiots or am I safe? Not that it matters much since I have started it already... Played it for about 20 minutes and then the pesky DS needed charging so I shall wait and play it in bed. I think portable consoles were made specially for beds.

I'd say you aren't missing anything, I never finished Phantom Hourglass as I got bored. This is fantastic though.

I'm on the 3rd temple now, all going swimmingly! Just means I'm up til 1am everynight (yup, same as you, in bed just playing this...), awesome :)

My only quibble is the time it takes to switch weapons while fighting, lost a few lives due to it. Other than that I would score is very highly. Story is typical Zelda really but it all just works so well. I now actually prefer the train to the boat. It doesn't look as pretty as the rolling seas but there is no scouring the seas for treasure, or aimless searching, this seems far more focused. I love it, FACT.

This is really sad but I ended up smiling over the stupidest thing whilst playing it the other day. I was facing the wrong way on the tracks, so I had to reverse all the way back to a junction just to turn around. I have no idea why that made me smile as its a rather odd thing to enjoy, but it just gave me this really odd heartwarming feeling inside.

I am up to the Ice Temple now and I'm really enjoying it. Took a while to get used to the controls since it's the first game I have played that has relied on them so heavily but they work perfectly, even if there are rogue rolls occasionally. I assume there will be some sort of quick travel thing eventually, it has been hinted at already and I will be glad when it shows up since it's already taking a while to get from place to place.

Really pleased with it anyway, probably pick Phantom Hourglass up at some point as long as I finish this.

Playing with no sound is not a good idea. I have only just realised that the

rocket shaped statues

play a song for you to copy :blush: I saw the

coloured lights

coming from them but didnt realise a song was played as well. Idiot.

Got a bit further now after backtracking through the areas I had already been to to find them again!

This is slowly creeping into my games of the year.

I finished the Ice Temple just now, and have returned to the Spirit Tower. I'm loving everything about this at the moment, I have nothing bad to say about it. It's a definite improvement over Phantom Hourglass, it's more focused, and there is no repetition at the Spirit Tower you keep returning to throughout the game like the DS original. I heartily recommend this to every DS owner.

EDIT: Just done the next part of the Spirit Tower. Damn, this game is addictive.