passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Street Fighter IV

Hendo

34o4t2d.jpg

This image has been spreading round forums, real or fake? i have no idea. Doesn't look right IMO.

This is the latest of it

Ugh....it's looking more and more like the pic is legit.

When the leaked list first came out, all is said was "Hakan, a middle eastern guy obsessed with oil". Everyone immediately thought of something like a Saudi obsessed with crude oil. But there are rumors going around that it's more like baby oil not fuel oil, which makes what he said at the end of the character trailer make more sense..."it's time to oil up!". He supposedly lathers himself up and it affects his playstyle.

Since they've said SFIV is supposed to be like a continuation of the World Warrior concept, they would naturally bring in some one with a traditional, cultural, martial art style and not just some random oil baron. That guy in the pic is wearing a traditional outfit of Yagh Gures...aka Turkish Oil Wrestling.

So either it's real and we have what sounds like a horribly lame new character, or whoever made the fake really did their homework.

also heard because hes oiled up he auto grapple out of throws but that must be bollocks.

Er.. heres one for kicks

34oq7x0.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Street Fighter IV Given Pre-Order Costume Pack

Written Thursday, February 25, 2010 by Richard Walker

Capcom has gone and released images of their European pre-order incentives for Super Street Fighter IV - a five costume pack for some of the game's most popular fighters.

Our personal favourite has to be Fei Long's bonus costume, which is an obvious homage to Bruce Lee's Kato from The Green Hornet TV series he once starred in.

Blanka meanwhile, gets a pink Dan-style karate robe, while Dhalsim gets a sultan makeover and Guile goes all special forces with a heavy flak jacket.

The fifth and final costume takes Gen out of his dignified kung-fu pyjamas and gives him the 'dirty slave' look instead. That's so in right now, darling.

Head over to the screenshot gallery to take a look at all five costumes.

Exclusive stylised iPhone covers and 1 from a choice of 4 T-shirts are also planned for European pre-orders.

Super Street Fighter IV is slated for release on April 27th in North America and April 30th for the UK and Europe.

• 2 weeks later...
Super Street Fighter IV's Final Character Is Revealed Oilier Than Expected

Written Wednesday, March 10, 2010 by Richard Walker

Capcom has finally unveiled the tenth and last new character for Super Street Fighter IV, and well, we'd be lying if we said we expected to see an overly bronzed oddball with green yoghurt pots for hair.

That pretty much describes new fighter Hakan though, a strange mound of muscle with a penchant for keeping himself slathered in oil so that he can (rather disturbingly) slip and slide around like some kind of oily snake.

He's a Turkish wrestler, which makes him a grappling character and he isn't shy of getting stuck in, making squelchy noises as he grabs ahold of opponents. What's more, his Ultra Finisher is possibly the weirdest in the game, as Hakan dives on top of the opposing pugilist and then squeezes them, popping them along the screen on a wild slip 'n slide ride.

There must be something in the water at Capcom. Check out the trailer to see Hakan in action.

guy, cody, adon, makoto, dudley, ibuki, hakan, juri, t.hawk, deejay. sweet. now i want a new era of CVS/SVC, with the CVS games being sf4 3d and the SVC games being kof xii 2d. i would probably cover this entire forum in frothy knob gravy if it were to transpire

• 3 weeks later...

Yea theyre pretty much harder versions of the old one and ones for the new modes.

790 is my target for the old one, still yet to hit it!

I want to aim high for this one but i definitely think im gna be struggling a fair bit.

Also, ive heard a rumour for the bonus if you keep your old game is you get costume colours 11 & 12. Dno if thats bollocks but if thts true, thts pretty damn shit.

surely it'll go off the save, and even if it doesn't its not that bad really. It's a bonus for those that got the last game, you're not really missing anything if you cant get them

Started to look forward to this a bit more now. Of the new characters there's only Makoto that I've ever spent proper time with, maybe a bit of Adon, but I'm just starting to be ready for more Street fighter

yeah i think itll go off the save, which doesnt mean you even kept it! extra colours is better than a kick in the teeth but they did make it seem like a bigger deal than that i thought.and if it fits, ill be wearing that damn t shirt. if not maybe i can cut the arms off it and use it as a gym vest.

i always use cool games freebies in ltd editions and whatnot. i still wear my far cry 2 t shirt and have my forza 3 keyring nestling besides my keys.

• 2 weeks later...

People who have the SFIV game save, you get graphical filters.. :blink:

If you have a Street Fighter 4 save file on your system it unlocks two extra character colors.

• Color 11: This is the ink shader from the PC version of Street Fighter 4.

• Color 12: This is a very neat looking shader that turns the character into a cross-hatch version of themselves - it leaves them looking like they've been drawn onto the screen.

Some pretty cool avatar clothes too.

Also Super tournament mode avaliable to download June 15th.

So we dont know what you get if you keep the game now.