Battlefield 1943 [XBLA/PSN]

retroed

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've played through the trial 30 minutes on the PS3 and I got into a match with no problem and no real lag problems. Full people count, too.

It seems pretty good, not really played a Battlefield game before. If possible I might have to switch some controls round to the CoD4 standard because some were confusing, especially on the vehicles.

I only stuck to one class, the infantry, and just played to get a feel of the controls and what you had to do. How many maps are there? I played two games but it was either on the same map or they all look the same.

I'll give the trial on the 360 a go and then see if I'll put my cash down.

I think it looks great, too.

Just had a three hour marathon with alexik72 and sibernet in my squad. It took a lot of trying, but we managed to all get in the same game after much persevering. It was worth the effort, though. Some of the best multiplayer I've had in a long time.

Yeah there are three maps, all quite similar, but you get to know the differences. I think it looks very good too, I didnt mean it looks shit, it needs some polish of course but considering its an arcade game its very good.

I like it, still prefer CoD4 for shooters though as I prefer the faster pace.

I've only done a little in the planes, in the tutorial. As I've not really played a Battlefield game before it's a bit weird having an FPS with vehicles.

I'm shit with the planes but I can get a few kills with them now since I changed the controls to invert control and southpaw. I see why they made them hard to use because if they wern't they could be over powered, like the choppers on Bad Company. From my experiance on that a good pilot could really swing the tide of battle, it could be the same on this.

Good games, boys. :)

Sorry I didn't have me mic, not at home. Even still, you can work just as effectively as a team sometimes - me and Ed stalked a guy in a little hideout with Ed shooting at him from the doorway and me through the window. He weren't getting out alive of that one.

Joined Hendos game in progress earlier and got on awesome shot on him :P

Ed joined me and hendo later and ended up on the same team, its just awesome working together.

Came 4th best in one of the games, wanted to leave on a high :D

Need to get some games going with alot of us.

I no longer find it hard to get a game and havnt experience any lag, so if u didnt get the game bcoz of tht, get it now!

Yeah, it was good to get in on the same games as you two. I just hit join session in progress when I booted the game and was in straight away. I didn't have my headset on either (could be a common occurrence now, as I have a habit of shouting loudly when I really get into it, and don't want to wake Dexter), but like Hendo said, it's still possible to work together quite easily. Teamwork does pay off, be it for kills or capturing bases. There's nothing like speeding off in a jeep at the start of a game with two others on board, capturing a base then heading to the next one. :D

I got the tour of duty 1 achievement just now, so must have played 30 matches. It's so addictive, and as it's on the hard drive I don't even have to get up and put a disc in. It's definitely going to get a hell of a lot more play time, I can't get enough. 360 users are currently at 13 million kills now (PS3 7.6m), so it shouldn't take long for the new map to be unlocked. It's plane focused though, so probably won't be as good as the three current maps.

Coral Sea is the ultimate online multiplayer dog fighting map ever released! With two aircraft carriers supplying your team with all the F4U and Zero fighters you’ll need as your conquest to control the skies and make your place in history as an Ace Pilot of Battlefield 1943. Use the volcanic island terrain to your advantage and flank your enemies or weave in and out of the low arches to avoid enemy fire. Stay with your wingman, practice the Thach Weave, and soon you’ll dominate the skies of the Pacific!

http://www.battlefield1943.com/coral-sea

I tried to join the matches but kept getting errors and stuff. The servers are fine during the day but later on at night the Yanks come and kill them.

I noticed this in game, you go from shooting people 2 or 3 times in the day, to emptying a whole clip at the night, sometimes even that's not enough. Americans are shit.

There's nothing like speeding off in a jeep at the start of a game with two others on board, capturing a base then heading to the next one. :D

Yea its good unless all the boats are gone and one plane left and Hendo gets their a second before me, so i had to swim... Grr... >:(

Had an awesome game, got 14 kills and 387 points, 3 behind the leader grr...

Just wondering, has anyone else seen loads of black lines and shapes just come up on the screen and flickers quickly? Its happened a few times now.

Another thing tht annoys me is when i shoot 1 sniper bullet and reload, it reloads 5 so i hav to wait for ages.

Had an awesome game, got 14 kills and 387 points, 3 behind the leader grr...

Just wondering, has anyone else seen loads of black lines and shapes just come up on the screen and flickers quickly? Its happened a few times now.

Another thing tht annoys me is when i shoot 1 sniper bullet and reload, it reloads 5 so i hav to wait for ages.

I have had this a few times. I also hate stupid reload times, if I only fire 1 bullet I should only have to put 1 bullet in. Just makes sense to empty the clip before you reload if the game reloads in this way. I'm not keen on the snipers in this game, I much prefer the auto snipers in BC, at least then you can combat the lag by filling them with lead rapidly before they can move away like they can with rifles that need the breech emptying each round.

Just reload when you need to then.

I've had some good runs as a sniper but it is a bitch to get the hang of, I don't really like the rifleman, your fucked when a vehicle comes so I do find myself as a infantryman most of the time, that class is okay in most situations, with little burst firing they don't have bad range either.

I think rifle men have a pretty unfair advantage at close range, even with infantry. There has been a couple of times where I have been attacked by one, and just shot rapidly from the hip and bumped them. As for vehicles, I'm getting good with killing tanks with the rifle mounted grenade, although it isn't as good as the rocket that infantry carry, it's a good substitute.