passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Art Style: PiCOPiCT

retroed

This is the best piece of software for DSiWare so far.

If you like puzzlers that are fairly fast paced, along with a great style in a retro theme, then this is for you. It's only 500 points. The levels are NES themed, and feature music from them too. It's presented really well, and has full touch screen implementation. It's fairly hard to describe how it plays, so check out youtube or something and watch a couple vids if you are unsure. You're basically matching up colours on the touch screen in a way I haven't done so before, and the aim is to complete the picture on the top. I jumped straight in though without watching anything, and it's really easy to pick up. I was making combos in no time.

I'm four stages in so far and I can see me playing this a lot. I've already replayed the first stage three times to try and beat my score. Everyone with a DSi should get this game, if only to see what a fully fledged DSiWare title can be like.

• 4 weeks later...

Fuck me this game is ridiculously addictive. I downloaded it yesterday and ive played it every spare minute since. I seem to get to a stage that i cant do, get stuck on it for ages, finally do it, do the next two or three then hit another wall. Stage 14 is seemingly insurmountable. I got to it about 1am this morning and ive put about two hours into it so far. Ive got sooooo fucking close to doing it but i just cant.

As Ed says, its hard to descride the play. Youve got lots of blocks at the bottom, all one pixel square, all different colours. Shapes fall from the top and you have to use the blocks from the bottom to create tetris like traps to clear the clolours, let me find a video...um,

Amazing game, worth getting a DSi alone for.

Double post in your face BOOM

I finally beat Stage 14 and made the pretty picture of an 8 bit Bowser, what an absolute cunt of a level it was too. Stage 15 seems very doable in comparison, not that ive done it yet but the bonus is all the same shapes fall each time, its just a case of memorising the drops.

I can fail a level numerous times and still keep retryong it without ever getting bored, i think its because the levels always seem achievable no matter how hard they are.

I got this today. After being confused by how it works I got right into, this really is good and the first justifacation for me for buying a DSi. I really like Cubello but this is better, a truely great puzzler. I'm on the seventh puzzle and it really does make you think thick and fast. The first DSi must have... well I think.

I tried to plug this game a little at GTM, just tried to point out a game they may not of heard of and is worthy of some time, I failed.

I'm really impressed with it though. Fucking stuck on level 10, it really does turn into a proper brain scratcher, it's relentless.

• 8 months later...

i really liked this at first, the music is ace but got pretty stuck on level 14 - just did it by luck as i was about to give up, 14/15 just seem stupidly hard and unforgiving, one tiny mistake and it's game over, i sort of feel the opposite of this:

I can fail a level numerous times and still keep retryong it without ever getting bored, i think its because the levels always seem achievable no matter how hard they are.

but then i could easily be missing something important - do you need to arrange the bit at the bottom so it gets rid of more at the same time? i don't think you get long enough to do this though? also sometimes i add a block to a falling group and it clears it - other times in seemingly similar situations it screws me over and turns it all into little blocks - i don't fully get why it's doing this - maybe why i'm getting frustrated. i've read all the instructions too :unsure:

Ive got my DSi with me at work today, when i get 5 mins peace ill fire this game up and get it back into my brain Spatular.

I rekon this was the hardest game ive completed in a long time but if i can do, you can do it.

thanks illdog! i had a quick go after posting that and realised i was missing that you can paint the blocks down which is much faster than one at a time, after that it didn't seem impossible any more but still very hard and i didn't do it but i wasn't as annoyed anyway :)

thanks illdog! i had a quick go after posting that and realised i was missing that you can paint the blocks down which is much faster than one at a time, after that it didn't seem impossible any more but still very hard and i didn't do it but i wasn't as annoyed anyway :)

Facepalm.gif

:)

Facepalm.gif

:)

:D

i got past 15, lot of luck involved, didn't like it too much with the first lot of levels being too easy then 14/15 being really hard, but going through the remix levels its brilliant, really enjoying it now, bit stuck on 8 i think :)

• 2 weeks later...