passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Saints Row 2

retroed

No impressions on this? For shame. I don't have a lot to say, but I am enjoying it a hell of a lot.

I'm glad I picked this up, been after it for ages but always held off for some reason. I ended up getting it at Gamestation a couple days ago for £19.99 new. I'm having a great time with it, the missions are superb fun, the cut scenes are funny as hell, and it's just an awesome game. I've put around three hours in to it so far, and dare I say I'm enjoying it far more than I ever did GTAIV. It's not quite as polished, but I'm finding it a lot more fun to play.

An overlooked gem.

• 3 weeks later...
No impressions on this? For shame. I don't have a lot to say, but I am enjoying it a hell of a lot.

I'm glad I picked this up, been after it for ages but always held off for some reason. I ended up getting it at Gamestation a couple days ago for £19.99 new. I'm having a great time with it, the missions are superb fun, the cut scenes are funny as hell, and it's just an awesome game. I've put around three hours in to it so far, and dare I say I'm enjoying it far more than I ever did GTAIV. It's not quite as polished, but I'm finding it a lot more fun to play.

An overlooked gem.

You can say that again Ed! :D Picked this up only last week and its the biggest slice of fun I've had since San Andreas. I know GTAIV might edge it out with realism (but this is certainly a nice, colourful looking game - certainly better looking than SA on PS2), but hell this is not only fun but a right laugh - sensible sized map - all open to you when you begin, great character customisation & crib /business interiors & great choice of cars.

looking at Ed's gamercard, doesn't look like he's been on it for a while.. :P

Not because I don't want to play it or have grown bored of it, it's just that I've been playing other stuff. I have so much stuff sitting here that needs playing which is great, but also not great as I find it hard to devote my time to one game. It's also super-stingy with the achievements! I will get back to it, though.

I was looking at this the other day.

Everyone who has played it says its great fun and much more entertaining than GTA as you actually get to do some crazy stuff as opposed to take a chick bowling.

I can see what they were doing with the realism in GTAIV but it made it awfully dull to play at times.... It's graphically superior to anything in its genre but even San Andreas was actually more entertaining to play.

Might have to eventually check saints row 2 out.

I was looking at this the other day.

Everyone who has played it says its great fun and much more entertaining than GTA as you actually get to do some crazy stuff as opposed to take a chick bowling.

I can see what they were doing with the realism in GTAIV but it made it awfully dull to play at times.... It's graphically superior to anything in its genre but even San Andreas was actually more entertaining to play.

Might have to eventually check saints row 2 out.

Its certainly the most entertaining sandbox of the genre for me at the moment. I tried reinvigorating an interest in GTAIV, but it just grows stale by comparison. I'd say give SR2 a try Oliath & see what you think. Picked up my copy for £14.99 at Blockbuster.

• 2 months later...

I bought this for cheap, and my god is it funny. Even the bugs and stuff make it even funnier to play. I was playing with someone from g™ and the accidental bugs were amazing. Probably the funniest one was he stole a car, which I was riding in the passenger seat, but the owner of the car was laid across both of us on the front seat jangling about. Eventually they ended up looking like they were 69'ing the driver. Rest of the game isn't bad either, the reality tv cop missions were awesome, and they gave me some great unlocks too.

I think this might be the most pointlessly violent game I have ever played. Some of the missions as they play out are quite dark, I am surprised that this didn't get into the headlines for some of the stuff that happens in it. The mission where you end up

burying the Ronin guy alive or the mission where you kidnap a gang member then get their boss to inadvertently murder her

were quite brutal ways to end missions off. It is macabre. Still fucking funny though, I cannot believe you guys didn't latch onto this. The way I feel about this game is the way Hendo explained The Wheelman to everyone, you know it's not going to be spectacular, but for what it is, it is great fun.

EDIT: I like how the spoilers go on this style of forum.

Some of the bugs are fantastic. Me and Sly were playing last night and we both tried to get in a car at the same time so my guy just stood at the door, floating a few inches above the ground and Sly drove us to the next mission while I just floated next to the driver side door, then he got out the car and my guy got in and sat in the passenger seat.

I have found myself actually enjoying the story as well, as in the actual cutscenes, not just the story missions. It's all just so silly and violent, love it.

Some of the bugs are fantastic. Me and Sly were playing last night and we both tried to get in a car at the same time so my guy just stood at the door, floating a few inches above the ground and Sly drove us to the next mission while I just floated next to the driver side door, then he got out the car and my guy got in and sat in the passenger seat.

I have found myself actually enjoying the story as well, as in the actual cutscenes, not just the story missions. It's all just so silly and violent, love it.

For me, this is certainly the best game since GTA San Andreas, and I'm still playing the latter game aswell, 5 years after its release.

• 3 years later...