passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

retroed

And that mission I did yesterday was the penultimate one. I fired it up today and finished the story mode off with the next mission. My stats say it took me 8hrs 42mins to complete the story, and my completion percentage is just under 50%. Still a lot to do, then!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to need a Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle if I'm going to take this, or any of my other DS games, online. I am now all WPA'd up with everything (inc. DSi web/store), and don't want to revert back to WEP security. Thing is, I think they've discontinued the dongle.

I'm going to need a Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle if I'm going to take this, or any of my other DS games, online. I am now all WPA'd up with everything (inc. DSi web/store), and don't want to revert back to WEP security. Thing is, I think they've discontinued the dongle.

I am in the same boat. I think I remember seeing dongles at a local store though, I might have to investigate to see if they have them still.

It sucks, because until I get a dongle, I can't access

the secret missions via the Social Club after linking my account and finding two Lion Statues that were placed on the map upon completion of the story

. I tried setting my internet to WEP/WPA but my DSi was having none of it, it wants WEP only and I'm not doing that.

I tried setting my internet to WEP/WPA but my DSi was having none of it, it wants WEP only and I'm not doing that.

I had this problem with my DS before and had to set my router to WEP. Pants.

I tried setting my internet to WEP/WPA but my DSi was having none of it, it wants WEP only and I'm not doing that.

hmm... I'm sure mine isn't set to that and it works great! did you go into the advanced setup (or similar?), where you search for a connection first

hmm... I'm sure mine isn't set to that and it works great! did you go into the advanced setup (or similar?), where you search for a connection first

DS is WEP only innit. Well WEP or nothing.

DS is WEP only innit. Well WEP or nothing.

FYI, my router is set to WPA2 and the DSi works fine, the DS never would though, I had to use a ninty dongle.

So there ;)

FYI, my router is set to WPA2 and the DSi works fine, the DS never would though, I had to use a ninty dongle.

So there ;)

Yeah, the DSi can do WPA/2 for all the new stuff (shop, web browser etc), but all the online DS games are WEP only and they can't be changed.

Sly, I never really had any trouble with ammo throughout the whole game, but you can get more from the Ammu-Nation shop that is in your PDA. You get the stuff sent to a safehouse when the goods are ready, and the more you get into the game, the more weapons become available. Of course, try to use your vehicle to do the bulk of the damage if possible, to save on ammo.

I piss through ammo because normally I hit shoot instead of accelerate, but I am learning not to now. Just started dealing now, it's very enjoyable. The touchscreen games don't suck either, although I'm not very good at that number matching one.

Fans of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars might want to set aside hopes for a sequel. It appears that Rockstar Games' gamble on the Nintendo DS didn't equate to blockbuster success, as initial sales... suck.

According to a report from Silicon Alley Insider, there's a very good reason that Chinatown Wars didn't crack the top ten. While analyst estimates on first month sales ranged from a conservative 200,000 to a more hopeful 450,000, actual sales look to have come in under 90,000. With almost three weeks worth of sales accounted for, that's not what we'd call encouraging.

When compared to the most recent release, Grand Theft Auto IV, it's downright dismal. GTA IV moved over 2.8 million copies in its first month, when the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game launched last April.

We'd say that doesn't bode well for Mature-rated games on Nintendo's portable platform.

According to SIA, Take-Two sounds hopeful that Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will continue to sell, pointing out that March was not a stellar month for the industry.

http://kotaku.com/5215529/report-grand-the...sales-are-awful

:(

Yeah, the DSi can do WPA/2 for all the new stuff (shop, web browser etc), but all the online DS games are WEP only and they can't be changed.

Sly, I never really had any trouble with ammo throughout the whole game, but you can get more from the Ammu-Nation shop that is in your PDA. You get the stuff sent to a safehouse when the goods are ready, and the more you get into the game, the more weapons become available. Of course, try to use your vehicle to do the bulk of the damage if possible, to save on ammo.

Ed. I wouldn't worry about WEP mate. I don't think any of the old granny's who live around you know how to hack WEP!! :)

To be honest WPA/WPA2 with a PSK is just as easy to get past nowadays anyway :(

Is it really as easy to hack into? I'm not too paranoid about it, but everything else is already connected via WPA (PC, Wii, PS3, PSP, Nokia N85) so I think I'll just leave it the way it is. Maybe I'll get one of those Wi-Fi dongles one day. :)