passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Left 4 Dead

HandsomeDead

Seriously David, I must of shot you more than the 'infected' when we played the campaign on expert.

There was one game where I survived most of the game as a boomer on Vs so i think I'm getting the hang of it but I didn't wan't to make plans because we were in a party chat with the other team. It was funny though, David as a tank was an epic fail.. :lol:

Oh, This tank moves slow.

*gets shot loads*

Oh wait.. I'm crouching.

*gets shot more and dies before touching anyone*

;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumped into my first ever game of Versus last night and it's very strange playing as the Infected.

I think the main problem with it is that your ratio of playing to watching is too high on the watching side, as the time to respawn can be ages, then you have to find a place where the game will let you spawn. Then you pop up as a fatty and get killed straight away. :(

Team work seems to be as essential for the Infected as the Survivors, maybe even more so.

I started this tonight, did the No Mercy campaign with alexik72 on Normal. I'll be damned if this isn't the best co-op game out there, and the one that gives me the worst case of tourettes, too. Fucking awesome game.

• 4 weeks later...
In a video podcast over at Kotaku, Chet Faliszek, one of Left 4 Dead's writers talked about the future for Left 4 Dead and more importantly, the game's upcoming downloadable content.

Faliszek stated that the DLC for both 360 and PC, which is set for a simultaneous release, will be announcd "shortly". Faliszek noted that if it hadn't have been for the holiday period, the announcement would likely have been made already.

The new DLC according to Faliszek is said to include new versus maps and "some new stuff". What the "new stuff" is, only time will tell, but we're praying for some more co-operative scenarios.

Ahh! I still need to buy the game, anywhere cheap? ;)

• 1 month later...
Many of us were really anticipating the upcoming Left 4 Dead DLC announcement and we kind of wish we hadn't bothered now. It's a bit like waiting for Santa to come at Christmas for him only to bring you a lump of coal and give you a kick in the teeth. Thanks Santa!

The Left 4 Dead Survival Pack is set to touch down in the spring and include two new versus maps (oh gee whizz, I wonder which ones those will be) and a brand new "Survival Mode."

Not much else is said regarding the announcement, but I think it speaks for itself. No matter how addictive the Survival mode is, it will still take place in the same maps we'd have thought.

We don't know about anyone else, but we were kind of hoping for more maps because we've played the 4 to death now. Instead it looks like we'll be playing those 4 long in to 2009. I need to sit down.

Major suckishness.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a go on this last night playing with some strangers on Live and I was a little bit underwhelmed with it. I was expecting a lot more after hearing what people say about it. I cant see me ever playing the single player game as I can imagine it gets quite boring quickly.

Maybe the problem was one player who knew the maps like the back of his hand and just blasted through them all without waiting for anyone. Not really much teamwork going on. The fact that it is FPS didnt bother me as I dont think you need to be that precise on it compared to others.

Not really sure what all the fuss about it was for.

I had a go on this last night playing with some strangers on Live and I was a little bit underwhelmed with it. I was expecting a lot more after hearing what people say about it. I cant see me ever playing the single player game as I can imagine it gets quite boring quickly.

Maybe the problem was one player who knew the maps like the back of his hand and just blasted through them all without waiting for anyone. Not really much teamwork going on. The fact that it is FPS didnt bother me as I dont think you need to be that precise on it compared to others.

Not really sure what all the fuss about it was for.

It's a great game. I even enjoy vs mode which a lot of people slag off.

Maybe play with some non-randoms? I'll be up for a game if you fancy it. Haven't played in a while ...

Yeah - probably a game where I can admint I am a noob at it and have a bit more banter with everyone might be better.

Will always be up for a game - Jay and Hendo and anyone else - will send you a begging message when I see you online :)

Good news for all you Left 4 Dead versus fans, we just got word from valve that today they rolled out an update that should fix a whole heap of issues. Interested in what was changed? Read on my friends, read on:

General

Fixed Survivors being able to climb surfaces marked for versus infected only

Fixed a class of SurvivorBot bugs dealing with rescuing downed players

Players can no longer grab ladders while flying through the air after a Tank punch

Shooting near a car with an alarm that has already fired the alarm will no longer make chirping noises

Fixed mini-gun physics exploit

Fixed propane tanks (and other physics objects) causing players to fall through elevators

Fixed rare achievement bug issues

Fixed several map exploits

Versus Changes

Added HUD elements to show status of other infected players

Fixed instance where a Survivor changing to the infected team would be attacked by infected bots

Normalized special infected melee damage

Fixed exploit where infected players could run away and teleport back to gain health

Players can only change teams once per map

Players can't change teams while other players are still loading

Tank spawns at the same % through the map for both teams in versus mode

Made the Tank and Witch spawn directly on the escape route

Increased chance of getting the Tank or Witch

Fixed team swap issue

Hunter

Easier to pounce a Survivor who is meleeing

Increased Minimum damage a Hunter pounce does

Smoker

Fixed Smoker tongue tolerance

Smoker now has to be killed or the tongue destroyed for the tongue to break

Survivors cannot bash someone off the tongue until the Survivor being pulled is paralyzed or hanging

Tongue attacks that fail to paralyze or hang a Survivor will use the shorter ability delay timer

Fixed cases where the ability timer was not using the correct time

Fixed case where you could point at a Survivor but not register a tongue hit

Fixed Smoker tongue not targeting and landing properly through PZ ghosts

Smoker tongue does damage every second while dragging paralyzed Survivors

Tank

Bashable objects now appear with a red glow

Tanks hitting a car with an alarm disables the alarm permanently

Tank frustration timer is only reset by hitting Survivors with rocks or fists

Reduced autoshotgun damage against Tanks

Witch

Witch spawns at the same % through the map for both teams

Avoids spawning within a certain % of the tank

Fixed an exploit where the Witch could be woken up and tricked into attacking Survivors

Not really a versus fan but nice to know they try to keep it in order.

Yeah - probably a game where I can admint I am a noob at it and have a bit more banter with everyone might be better.

Will always be up for a game - Jay and Hendo and anyone else - will send you a begging message when I see you online :)

I'd be up for that.

• 1 month later...

The new DLC hits today. In fact it should be available now. :)

The Xbox 360 version of the Survival Pack is due to launch at around 2am PST, which is 10am GMT in the old money. The PC version will follow at some point later in the day.

The pack is free to download, hooray. It will introduce a new multiplayer mode titled Survival plus two Versus mode campaigns.