passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

In the Mail

illdog

Who was that with? If it was GAME, they are processing early (probably so you can't cancel if you find it cheaper), but they won't ship until Monday via courier.

Mine does say shipped, trust ed to burst everyones bubble

Who was that with? If it was GAME, they are processing early (probably so you can't cancel if you find it cheaper), but they won't ship until Monday via courier.

Mine does say shipped, trust ed to burst everyones bubble

I doubt Activision would take too kindly to it. Kotick and his bunch of cunts will probably sue.

My prestige edition was dispatched today :D

Yeah, so was my friends!

My order with GAME is still saying it's being picked and packed, but I only ordered it a couple days ago so I'm bound to be a bit behind. From what I understand though, they'll all be sent out on Monday via courier, but you never know, some could get them early is GAME do decide to ship before the strikes?

EDIT: probably not.

Regarding MW2

GAME wrote

Dear Customer, Thank you for your recent preorder. Due to the industrial action by Royal Mail, we're doing things a little bit differently here at GAME Towers to ensure we despatch your preorder in time for release day delivery. This includes processing your order early. As a result, you may have received an email telling you that 'your preorder is on its way'. You may even find that your account has been debited. Sadly this does not mean you'll be getting your game early. It simply means we've started the ignition, our foot is to the floor, the wheels are spinning... we only have to release the handbrake and your game is on its way! In short, your preorder is ready and waiting and raring to go! Happy gaming! The GAMECustomer Services Team

ShopTo wrote

"No rivals have shipped MW2 early. Activision has ordered every company not to ship early simple as that. Where all under embargo on this one like GTAIV. NOONE is allowed to ship and deliver early for release day Tuesday via courier or face repercussions (couriers can be used to hold orders till a certain date for delivery)

We are currently shipping Monday for Tuesday delivery via UK mail. If this alters at any point we will post this.

Rivals might be charging you early but thats so you cant jump ship and then cancel and as said above nowhere is allowed to ship and deliver early by Activision.

Other companies are very good at charging you up to a week in advance and then not dispatching it for delivery until the day of release. We dont do this as we think it is unfair. We as a general rule allow you to cancel up until processing for dispatch at anytime."

My prestige edition was dispatched today :D

HMV has clarified to Eurogamer that no copies of Modern Warfare 2 have been sent to customers, despite official emails stating otherwise.

"Some customers may have received an email alert suggesting that the dispatch process is under way, but the stock has not yet been sent," a spokesperson for the retailer told us.

"Fulfilling orders will obviously be a major undertaking, and in order to implement this in a timely manner, we have had to initiate the transaction process to begin printing off address labels. This has triggered the email alert, but stock has not been shipped.

"HMV would never knowingly break a street date," the spokesperson added.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/mw2-stock-has-not-been-sent-out

My MW2 order update.

Date Time Location Tracking Event

07-11-2009 01:05 Plymouth Depot Out for delivery

07-11-2009 00:11 Plymouth Depot Arrived at delivery depot

05-11-2009 14:36 National Hub Sorted in hub

:o

Do Parcel Force delivery on Saturdays normally? I'm still guessing this won't be here until next week. I'm meant to be going out tomorrow, but I don't want to miss this if they do try and deliver. Looking on the PF website, it looks like Saturday delivery is at an extra premium, so I doubt it will be here until Mon/Tues. I'll call them in the morning.

EDIT: it's going to be delivered Monday, apparently.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Wankface

Order number(s): Y0UAR3AWTHUM/P

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Assassin's Creed II Special Edition is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Assassin's Creed II Special Edition, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

w00ty t00t!