passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears of War 2

illdog

Lol

Right i have a massive problem with this game.

The AI is fucking annoying...as in your team mate AI.

They charge on ahead... kill all the badguys and generally make the game way too fucking easy.

Pretty much every fight you can hang back and have them all do it for you.... its like playing with some annoying cunt who has beaten the game five times already and is just sprinting through it and ruining everything for you.

Are you playing on Hardcore? I didnt have this problem, i found my AI teamate quite the opposite, useless fuckers...

A dark moment for a lippy kid!

I was playing a game of Annex this morning and some kid was being WAY too lippy for my liking. Humping my downed character in the face before taking me out. Jibe talk in the mid game lobbies... so.. when i finally managed to knock him to his knees i decided to teach him a lesson.

I picked him up and used him as a meat shield and then took him to one of the dark side areas where no one goes on Security and faced him against the wall and proceded to hump him up against the wall for the rest of the round (while i ate my cerial).

I am hoping that when you are a meat shield you just have to watch it as opposed to respawning as i really wanted to have taken him to a very dark place......

He will go down stairs to his parents much more quiet than usual.

"Whats up little johnny... aren't you playing Gears of War?"

"NO.. i don't like that game anymore... i don't want to talk about it ever again"

I picked him up and used him as a meat shield and then took him to one of the dark side areas where no one goes on Security and faced him against the wall and proceded to hump him up against the wall for the rest of the round (while i ate my cerial).

He will go down stairs to his parents much more quiet than usual.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you should read the official Gears2 forums... seriously... its incredible these little shits.

They are moaning about how all the glitches etc have been fixed up and stuff and whining at Epic saying they fail for changing the game and how they will never buy another game by Epic.

One guy started a thread saying how he would keep quitting games until they removed the matchmaking as he couldn't play what he wanted to!

If they gave these douchebags the choice it would just be playing gridlock over and over again.... even when the game first came out i got pissed cos the first fucking match i played was voted to be gridlock over one of the new maps... i mean for fucks sake!

Anyway... it was a dark moment for both of us.

On Gears 1 a kid was calling me a n00b for using the lancer, getting all abusive over fuck all. He kept shouting at me to use the shotgun, so to piss him off even more I pulled the pistol out and kept jamming it on the reload right next to him. After him swearing and shouting for a good 5 minutes at me in the lobby where you go when you die, I decided to piss him off even more by running round him swinging my grenade around, even when he got downed. He was soooo pissed off, I bet when he left he went and had a heart attack or something. It's amazing how worked up some kids can get over a game.

this is what i don't get about live gaming, how can people get that worked up over something so stupid. GoW seems to be the worse for it as well, much more so than Halo for example. I've tried a few random online battles and the people are just universally twats. Baffles me.

I played against randoms and got called a n00b amongst other names the minute I turned up because of my rank.. THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT A WEEK FOR FUCK SAKE!!

Also while telling a buddy how I died a dead guy on the other team just told me to shut up, out of nowhere, I then got in an arguement with him about manners. It has a horrible community at the mo.

Well i think in general Xbox live has a tonne of idiots on it but yeah for some reason Gears attracts the most!

You would have thought it would not be so seeing as its an adult game, but i guess it brings out the worst in people as its quite a high pressured game online.

I really love it though. It gets my adrenaline right up there which is what i love about it. It also takes some skill to master the weapons and gameplay.

Despite being an action game is massively tactical and one of the HARDEST games to play well at online.

It takes patience and strategy to win.... and i think that is what i am enjoying so much... especially this time around with all the glitches and exploits ironed out and the weapon balance adjusted properly. It means that you dont just have to be host with the shotgun to win and its massively satisfying when it all pulls together and you win over the other team.

I love the tension when you are outnumbered too and you have to outwit them. New proximity nades really help make that much more balanced too.

This little guide has really helped me out with the weapons and stuff and just generally what to use in what situation...

http://wire.ggl.com/2008/11/07/gears-of-wa...-tactics-guide/

At the 1600 kills point at the end of the game, loooooong way to go.

Something did annoy me that the Variety achievement, I was on 15/16 and I hadn't picked up a Hammer of Dawn until the end of the game. Defeated the boss but it doesn't seem to have counted. <_<

Now to tidy up the single player stuff and play Horde mode for shits and giggles.

I've just finished it also.

The last boss is pathetic.

I thought it was great, brilliant set pieces and the octapus thing is fantastic. It was Hardcore I did it on so a nice wealth of achievements came my way too. Insane next then. :D

Now, I don't think I'm getting along with the multi that much but it might just me needing to get used to it since I'm so set in my ways from the first game. While I agree that the shotgun was over powered in Gears 1 I found after a few games it really is useless now. when someone is just walking towards you - chainsaw raised - and you shoot them full on in the body and they flinch and keep walking towards you then there is just another, different balancing issue. There's also more granade spamming than CoD4 in this now thanks to smokes that knock you over.

Maybe I just need to re-learn the multi.

I've just finished it also.

The last boss is pathetic.

Completely agree. Not long after I finished it, I helped out Oli in co-op did the

Brumak

level which is one of the best levels in the whole game and I said, "that's it!" which Oli couldn't believe.

I suppose they spent so long fielding messages of hate about the Raam fight at the end of the first one that they went the opposite direction this time, but too far in the opposite direction.

Didn't massively spoil the game though, still a masterclass in rollercoaster gaming.

Regarding multi, I'm only sticking to Horde and Private multi games with friends and bots.

Played some bots games with Oli after the campaign was done, and there is no need to go out into the wilds of Live ever again for this game.

Regarding multi, I'm only sticking to Horde and Private multi games with friends and bots.

Played some bots games with Oli after the campaign was done, and there is no need to go out into the wilds of Live ever again for this game.

This is why I love it, games against bots are decent games,achievements still count, and I don't have to listen to people I can't stand saying inane things and singing all the time

Speaking of twats on Live, I was gonna give Left 4 Dead a go yesterday, no one I knew was online so I jumped in a random lobby, as soon as the game started one of the guys (in a high pitched voice) said "Anyone found any glitches yet? I fucking hate when games aren't glitched".

Why? Just why?

YEah the bots are great enough to beat you and have a fun multi experiece without the twats.

Also good in a private match if only a few people are online.

You should also give the new online a go though. They have fixed lots of stuff and its no longer all about the shotgun and host advantage at all.

Shotgun is only useful if you AIM... and aren't moving around.

Hip fire is pretty much luck now.

To get a clean kill... aim with LT for the head or upper body...and stay as stationary as possible.... you'll be blasting people to gibs in no time.

I love this game so much. Everything about it is so polished.

Finished campaign with help from Hendo.

What a fucking let down that last boss is!!! I felt cheated after all the other epic bits... its like they all just went..... aaaaaah fuck it... im going home.