passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Hendo

Anyone buy it?

I downloaded the demo, played through the tutorial and then some of the first level. It didn't grab me enough to buy it straight away, but that's largely down to me getting confused with the controls - it's true what the reviews say, it may be faithful to the old one, but bloody hell is it weird not having a jump button.

I like the humour though. In the full game they take the piss out of the old dodgy translations and even in the demo there's some dialogue that is obviously changed from the full version. :D

I bought it straight away, but haven't played anything other than the tutorial thus far. It looks and sounds great though!

I'm going to play it with my HORI stick I reckon, at least that has decent diagonals. :)

EDIT: It controls amazingly with the stick!

I hated the demo with flaming passion! The controls lack any sort of fluidity with his animation of pulling himself up over ledges and the same when he ducks. Im sure the lack of a jump button is something you get used and i wouldnt mind giving it time if the diagonals were better on the 360 pad, but they bloody arent. I just found myself fighting the game and resenting it for it.

I like the humour though. In the full game they take the piss out of the old dodgy translations and even in the demo there's some dialogue that is obviously changed from the full version. :D

i got the demo and was expecting to hate it, but ended up quite liking it, not sure i'll get it as it's a bit hard for me i think. thaught it was well funny though they really give the full game the hard sell!

I hated the demo with flaming passion! The controls lack any sort of fluidity with his animation of pulling himself up over ledges and the same when he ducks. Im sure the lack of a jump button is something you get used and i wouldnt mind giving it time if the diagonals were better on the 360 pad, but they bloody arent. I just found myself fighting the game and resenting it for it.

I can completely understand this.

I didn't buy it at first because I didn't feel comfortable with the controls at all, not just the lack of jump but the diagonals were very hit and miss. Going though the two tutorials didn't help and only made me more frustrated.

But, I carried on and finished the demo and it kind of made me like it, so I bought it. :blush:

I'm enjoying it more with getting used to the controls, but the mission map confuses me - I'm really not sure where I'm going as it doesn't seem you can go from mission 1 to mission 2.

Ok so i turned it off, had an angry wank, calmed down and then restarted the game on easy.

For a while it seemed better.... but then i got to the second level i could access in the retarded 'numbered in the wrong order' map layout piece of crap screen and kept dying in some cavern where the lights turn off and i cant see a cunting thing.

If this game was designed to make people angry then they succeeded.

If it was designed to make people have fun... they failed miserably.

It's a faithful recreation of the original from what I've heard. Having never played the NES version, I can't say, but it is indeed very difficult. I'm playing it on Easy, but have only played it for a short while. I'm on the level where the lights go out, and it does seem tricky! I kind of regret purchasing it, but am determined to play it through to completion one day.

i think this is great, well challenge mode is, it's a great puzzle game, untill it gets too hard. and i was really expecting to hate it!

anyway, for the level with no light you need to get the flair from another level first, there's a few bits like this where you need to get stuff from other levels first but they are always right at the start so you don't get really far into the level then find out, so it's not too bad.

the levle numbers are messed up, just go to the levels as you get to them on the map, don't worry about the numbers.

Starting to 'get it' a little bit more but i agree with u... i really reagret the purchase.

Its very nicely put together but VERY frustrating to play!!!! Even on easy.

Gonna try finish it tho.... little bit at a time.

Shame there is no online co-op/

I've been quite enjoying this, must admit I stuck it on Easy though as I felt that unsure about the controls with the lovely 360 d-pad not really helping.

It looks superb, great sense of humour and I'm starting to get the hang of swinging about.

Yeah i must admit i may have got off to a bad start with this game, but since playing through on easy its actually quite good fun.

Had a bit of a burn through before work this morning and unlocking new tech upgrades certainly makes the game much more fun.

I now have the machine gun which is brilliant fun to use.

I am actually looking forward to finishing the game.... only one or two stages to go... and then trying again on a harder setting.

I find some of the swinging hard though... often the controller is to blame but mostly its me.

One massive frustration is that you can't move when falling :-(

WHAAAAT THE!!!

I finished the game this morning (on easy) and didn't even get an achievement for it :-(

Not impressed.

Also some of the later levels were really frustrating. The swinging controlls are too hit and miss and i imagine without the easy mode extra platforms on things would have got broken... so not too sure if i fancy playing through it again on another level... especially as there aren't any extra acheivements for anything other than completing it on HARD which i have no intention of doing.

Still.... pretty fun game though.

Like Hendo said... it looks beautiful.... just wish they had gone that little bit further and included online play.

Yeah it's a shame as some co-op action online would be sweet. :(

Would also make it a bit easier.

I was gonna play it yesterday... but due to lack of achievements have no real incentive to do so.

Does that make me a bad person?