passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield Bad Company

Oliath

Hi

Anyone else get hold of the demo on live?

Never really been a fan of the battle field games but this one is fantastic.

Really cinematic campaign levels..... and the multiplayer so far seems really fun with lots of elements pinched from COD.

Grab it from live... its free!

Its changed my 'meh.. not really fussed about this' into a definite pre-order.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the demo for this on the ps3

I said on a post a few weeks ago that Battlefield Bad Company will be the only challenger to COD's crown until killzone 2 arrives.

After playing the demo ( a couple of times through ) I stand by what i said, ITS AWESOME!

The little things impress me like when you throw a grenade into a group of tree's they realistic fall down

TIMBERRRRRR!

its seems you can interact with most of the scenery

ill be buying it when it comes out, but will be keeping hold of COD.......for now

When this was announced I was looking forward to it. I'm really fond of Modern Combat on the 360. But I booted up the demo and realised that I really can't be bothered with another FPS, when I do feel like playing one, Halo 3, CoD4 and Orange Box still supply me great shooting action.

The little things impress me like when you throw a grenade into a group of tree's they realistic fall down

Do they make a noise if no one is around?

I'll D/L the demo and check it out. I'm hankering after another FPS, seems odd to think less than a year ago it was my least played genre of game.

Well Modern Combat deffinatly played brilliantly having 12 people working together, developing decoys and covering each other, destracting enamy tanks away from the sniper you have hiding in the hills. But we all know what Lives players are like so it rarely happened and more or less turned into a free for all.

i played battlefield online on ps2 and it was pretty good

think COD but spread across vast maps

may not appeal to everybody fr that reason alone

but the new online modes for battlefield BC certainly look interesting

oh and if a tree falls and no-one hears it, at least you can take some confidence in the fact that it probably killed at least one furry lil critter...

• 2 weeks later...

I played the demo this evening, single player only. I've just ordered it from GAME.

It shot straight to the top of my list, and I'm purchasing the full game on the strength of the single player alone.

Yup, I cancelled my Brawl preorder a couple days ago, and now I'm getting another 360 FPS.

I played the demo this evening, single player only. I've just ordered it from GAME.

It shot straight to the top of my list, and I'm purchasing the full game on the strength of the single player alone.

Yup, I cancelled my Brawl preorder a couple days ago, and now I'm getting another 360 FPS.

What is the world coming to...

I've left the demo downloading, so hopefully it'll be waiting for me when i get in. Looking forward to having a bash at this.

Hmm i played the demo a bit but i think i judged it too early

Ive kinda like that style of FPS, im not sure whats it called. (Where you got a massive map and do what u want kind of thing).

But i had Battlefield 2 and the expansion on PC and sold it a week after.

Watching the video on the 360 looks really great online, i think its just single player im not so sure about.

How many people here would be getting it? Coz it be great to be a massive clan taking over :)

I started this last night on Normal. I've only done the first level so far, which took almost an hour I'd say, and it's really good. The enemy puts up a good fight, and the health stab charge system thingy is essential. If (when) you die, any enemies already killed will still be dead when you respawn, like BioShock. I took it online and played a few ranked matches. I suck at the moment as it's all new to me, but I was watching what others were doing and slowly got a bit better. The maps are well varied and there's tons to do. I like it.

Don't worry Sam, I went back online with COD4 last night and still love it immensely. I'm level 54 now after starting miles after everyone else. Almost there! And then I'll start over again probably.

Back to Bad Company, I've done the first two missions now in single player, and the variety I'm seeing is huge. You think you're at the end of the level and then there's another mission to do and another area to head to! The AI of your buddies is pretty useless, though. I'm putting in all of the effort and they just slowly follow and fire the odd bullet. It's all good though, the difficulty on Normal seems good to me, and the enemy AI is God-like, knowing exactly where you are at all times it seems.

I tried some multi the other night and am currently Rank 3. Those that have tried the demo will know what it's like, just the one mode to play with at the moment; Gold Rush. You either attack or defend a base that consists of gold crates. 12 vs 12, but you work in groups of 4. It can be very tactical, but you can work on your own and still try to get the job done. It's great fun and the maps are massive. As you level up you get credits that you use to unlock other weapons. It's a totally different game to COD4 in multiplayer, they both have their place.