passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ninja Gaiden II

HandsomeDead

There is a demo available now and the full game is out on Friday. I loved the Xbox Ninja Gaiden despite it being a harsh Mistress, I feel kinda bad that I never finished it.

I've played the demo and I think it's great.... Fuck it, I'm not sitting on the fence, it's bloody amazing. All the weapons are an absolute joy to use unlike the Xbox one, on that I always found myself using the sword but I was bored with it after using the falcon talons in the sequal, half way through the demo you also find a staff which soon became my favourite weapon and I wasn't getting bored slashing at enamies in countless ways with my whole arsanal. After I finished the demo I had a stupid grin on my face and went through it again.

Early reviews suggest it has a broken camera. I'm gonna get off the fence again and say they are talking shite. The camera isn't as good as other games of this ilk but it certainly isn't game breaking, all you need is to be sensible with the right trigger (moves the camera behind player) and have some spatial awareness and you should be okay. Perhaps it fucks up in the full game somewhere.

I guess some were expecting a revolutional action game but it's the first game turned up to 11... Infact even further. That's good enough for me.

As mentioned elsewhere in this forum, ive never even played the original, so i got it down from my lofty and dusty shelf but now im thinking fuck it, ill just download the demo of the sequel and play that.

This and DragonBall Burst Limit on Friday, plus mountain of unplayed shit. What a time to be alive.

I've never played a NG game (I think I did play the one that was on the Atari Lynx if that counts?) and I've always been put off by how difficult it's meant to be. I like God of War, but the sounds of NG is that it's GoW but where you actually have to concentrate!

I'm not into a game repeatedly kicking my ass and laughing at me, but I'll try the demo.

Quick question, if the games are so tough, what's the appeal?

I thought the difficulaty on the xbox NG was overblown tbh, like you said it just required concentration. Hammering buttons would get you killed, you had to block and dodge then attack. That said it was still hard, but it's hardly Dodonpachi or something like that

Quick question, if the games are so tough, what's the appeal?

I don't know about anyone else but it's just the sense of accomplishment you get after defeating a boss or a certain level. Also standing amongst a pile of meat that was once your enamies without a scratch on you and a 55 hit combo displayed in the corner made me stand up and shout "fuck yeah!" It's made even more satisfying knowing that it's pretty tough to do.

Like the last game I probably will never finish it but it'll have a gash story anyway so I'm not that fussed about that, it will be loads of fun while it lasts though.

Oh, I had another go at the demo... The camera did piss me off at one point. :angry:

Well, I've played the demo and it's not my kind of thing.

The camera is annoying and it's jerks around so much that I started getting a headache from it, and the main thing is, I'm a button-masher at heart and I survived through the demo that way, but I can guess I couldn't make it through the whole game by just hammering the blue button.

I'm with Hendo-san on this one. Not my bag either. I got bored about half way through the demo, is the whole game essentially just dismembering endless amounts of creepy ninja's? And also i thought Ninja's were ment to be super stealth and the likes, not grinding there way through everything in there path..

Have i missed the point? <_<

I played the demo before work this morning. I quite enjoyed it although i came to the conclusion that if you enjoyed Devil May Cry you would also enjoy this? Its run, slash, combo mayhem, seemed very similar to me.

Just been playing the full game for an hour or so. It's still great but I'm a little frustrated at starting from scratch with the weapons. I still remember the cobos from the old game and the demo refreshed my memory so going back to the start with most of me combos missing is annoying.

Beat the first boss with my eyes closed but then my rusty skills got the better of me on the second one. He uses a load of fast combos and fights through yours, he also has some nasty unblockable attacks that I never seemed to be quick enough to dodge... Bloody good job I stuck to the easier mode.

I did beat him, third time lucky I suppose. The little I've played has been pretty easy apart for that boss but I just need to concentrate more. I'll be beating guys like that without even thinking about it soon enough. :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...
On July 25th (for 800 MSP), NG2 fan will be able to download a new "Mission Mode" which will have a reported 25 missions of varying tasks such as staying alive as long as possible or killing enemies quickly with certain specific weapons. Your best performance will be tracked and ranked via Xbox Live leaderboards.

Should be a pretty cool feature, but it may be a bit pricey for something that really should have been on the disc in the first place.

Hmm ninja gaiden 2 not rly giving great DLC out, probably for the hardcore ninja gaiden lovers.

• 2 weeks later...
Ninja Gaiden II has now been updated with an extra 250 points/ten new achievements. These tie into the new "Mission Mode" that was released yesterday for 800MSP. The achievements are all secret... for now.

Apparently Mission Mode had some issues and was pulled from the marketplace, but according to Microsoft it should be fixed and available again soon.

WARNING: Anytime we have previously added Secret DLC achievements to a game, it has broken the checklist feature for that game, checking and unchecking achievements at will. To fix this problem, please delete the checklist from your main list using the Red X and then re-enable and re-check all your achievements. That should fix the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience!

More info :huh:

• 11 months later...

11 month BUMPTOWN

i bought this when it came out, my mate loved the first one and recommended it, and i had great fun slicing people up but when it came to the cheap bosses - the second one in particular pissed me off soooo much - i had other things to play and i moved on. wasnt in the mood for that hair tearing challenge. diminishing returns etc. BUT! its always eaten away at me that this game had 'beat' me, and my grudge has finally boiled over!

got stuck into it today, and im about halfway through on warrior difficulty. ive fought that annoying boss twice now, and whilst i hate hate hate him, the rest is gravy. fantastic game, enjoying everything about it including the challenge. in some ways it seems to get easier as you play on and become super hard and have enough money lying around to buy items etc.

it looks pretty nice, i like some of the music, the enemy designs are typical japanese horror and the moves are MENTAL. the whole things so cheesy and OTT i love it.

im not even trying to get achievements, i just want to beat this game and lay it to rest!

It was only with my recent playthrough I discovered that the Scythe kick any boss' ass, I only used it before as a crowd clearing weapon but it is - despite its size - a very effective 1 on 1 weapon.

The only boss I still struggle with (bar the final one) is the lightning dude.