passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

Hello. I'll be starting on it tonight.

Hendo, you want me to send to you once done using skype again?

I'll txt you or some shit innit

Yep, no probs. You've got my phone number haven't you? Text me or pm me here and I'll log into Skype when needed.

(posting on behalf of wiivo as he's gone to bed)

MFGamers Podcast 33 - Jimbo, Jimbo, it's off to work we go

Hendo's out buying fags so Ben takes over and blah blah blah something about piracy but don't worry because Jimbo joins in to break things up a bit.

MFGamers Podcast 33 - Jimbo, Jimbo, it's off to work we go

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

Couple of things, first I say ive been playing Sonic Advance, I meant Adventure. Also with the piracy thing we forgot to mention a few things, some of which i still cant remember, but one of them is the usefullness of demos.

Also entirely meant as constructive criticism, Wiivo you could have cut loads more, we went on far far too long :lol:

Good show chaps, just finished listening now.

Very weird hearing my gaming week post read out, so that's what it's like on the other side, huh?

The Beatles Rock Band thing - you only have one guitar in all these games and they squish all the noticeable guitar parts onto one. So take Pearl Jam, one mostly rhythm guitarist and one lead, yet you play both parts squished together. What I was on about, was that it would be cool if you could seperate them, so one could play as Lennon and one Harrison. Or if you like Pearl Jam more, then one could play as Stone Gossard and one as Mike McCready.

I can't remember whether I replied to Stoobie's post about the Batman PC thing (the guy mentioned "spacebar" by the way, which is how they knew he was on a PC) but I thought that was genius.

The reason you see if more animosity about game piracy is because we all hang around gaming forums. If you spend a lot of time on movie or music forums then you get the same thing. Lily Allen posted a big blog post about piracy the other day and Matt Bellamy from Muse replied to it.

My take on it is that it's all fair and good until the people who don't buy their games tell others that they "must buy this game", or they get pissed off when a good game didn't sell, when they didn't put their money where their mouth was, so to me, their opinion is null and void.

Well done boys, better late than never. I'll just say I'm not a cunt who finds happiness in other peoples misery, what I should of said regarding Let's Catch is through playing there is a closure to the characters problems and thats where the 'niceness' comes from, well I think.

I just heard the piracy bit. I don't usually comment much on this subject because I have a really old fashioned view on it. I honestly don't pirate anything, I buy all my music and films, 90% of the time in a physical form. I honestly don't understand why developers have to convince people to pay for a product like Burnout did, its great when they do support a game but surely what is on the disc is enough and not some promise of more stuff. I just think its a shame its come to that.

I do except that it goes on and I understand the positives but when it comes to music a few bands do have bits of music that are free to listen too and you have things like Spotify if you want to sample something, I don't know how robust the selection is on that service but there are legal means are there.

I honestly don't understand why developers have to convince people to pay for a product like Burnout did, its great when they do support a game but surely what is on the disc is enough and not some promise of more stuff. I just think its a shame its come to that.

Yeah I agree, it's a shame they have to do anything, but they have to be realistic and accept that if they dont there will always be a section of the market that will get things illegally. There will be anyway of course, but if developers and publishers want to reduce that then they have to act imo.

As for the spotify thing, I read an article a while back saying that those type of services are helping reduce illegal downloading, or at least young people (the download market) were more willing to use them as a model than pay for albums. Thing is they're new and not that known about really, give it time and I reckon the subscription model will be the way to go, so long as it includes all the music you want and not only catering for certain markets

Something I forgot with games is the danger of getting caught, honestly I've no idea if you can play pirated 360/wii games with your console hooked up to the net without risking getting caught.

I disagree with Brooker. That's a very one-sided argument and all of his reasons he gives for piracy are rose-tinted ones - people pirate because they can. If you're gonna throw the argument out there that people will start paying for stuff after a while, why not throw out the counter argument that people won't because they're so used to getting stuff for free.

An old work mate of mine said that after having a PC and the net, he was never going to buy music again.

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic