passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

45 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

I'll sort the techie stuff out, I'll make a shared Dropbox/gdrive folder for you to put the finished audio file into. I've been meaning to look into seeing up podcasts for a while anyway. 

Cheers Jim, that'll be a big help :)

I've added a 'What is MFG?' section to the 1st episode Poddy template, right after the introductions as I think it's probably good for listeners/viewers to know who we are and what we're all about. So yeah, I'll just ask y'all what MFG is about, explain about the social media accounts and the forum, how long you've been on here, can delve into how/why you set it up too if you like but yeah, just whatever comes to mind really, just whatever it means to you.

Also, if folks could let me know by the weekend what you want your goal to be then I can add it to the template, if not I'll help you think of one before we start recording on Sunday.

Not too keen on some of the gimmicky sounding elements of the podcast (e.g. goals, trademark sign off) but if that's the norm then I guess I'll go with the flow.

By the way are we going to do a trial run to test our microphones and things like that? I've never used my microphone although it should work fine...

So Sly isn't participating then?

I was just going to try this format for the first couple of episode's @radiofloyd and see how it goes, but I hear you and I've cut off the Goals section and specified that the trademark sign off is optional for anyone who wins the wager on the next episode.

We'll do a trial run of Mic's and get everything setup before we start recording on Sunday :) Sly will only be joining us is folks drop out or can't make it etc. 

@Hendo @DANGERMAN let me know if the updated template is ok for you both, if not I'll lop off something else as well.

So this is the updated template: 

Introductions -

Host: Blakey (Tom)

Guest 1: Hendo (Andy)

Guest 2: Radiofloyd (Tommy)

Guest 3: Mr_Lakitu (Mark)

Guest 4: Dangerman (Ben)

Game Announcements - If any games have been announced since we last recorded an Episode then we talk about them, what we think, whether we're excited or disappointed by the announcement etc.

Games:

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

News - Just whatever is being talked about or what stories have came to light in the past week, you may of heard them already somewhere else or they might be completely fresh stories to you. At least 3 topics, up to 5-6 if it's a big news week (E3/PSX/GamesCom etc.).

Topics:

1 - EA closing Visceral Games, 'pivoting' development of Amy Hennig's Star Wars game and moving development to EA Vancouver.

2 - Activision's Micro-transactions matchmaking patent.

3 - Star Wars Battlefront 2's Loot boxes - Loot boxes in games, is it gambling?

What are you playing? - Each guest details what they’re playing at that particular time, what they like about it and what they don’t like, ending with the host.

Yorkshire Tea or Instant Coffee - This may not be in every episode, but essentially I'll read out to you a few of the upcoming releases for the next 4-6 weeks or so and you all tell me whether you're hyped or meh about them. If you're excited and can't wait to play then it's a Yorkshire Tea, if you're underwhelmed by what you've seen or think they'll turn out horrendously then it's an Instant Coffee.

Games to rate:

Oct 27th - Mario Odyssey, AC: Origins, Wolfenstein 2,

Nov 3rd - CoD WW2., hack//G.U. Last Recode

Nov 7th - Sonic Forces.

Nov 10th - NFS Payback, Doom (Switch)

Nov 14th - LA Noire Remaster, LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2,

Nov 17th - Battlefront 2, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Nov 28th - Star Ocean: The Last Hope HD Remaster

Dec 1st - Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  

Sounds good to me. By the way here's some more upcoming games you might want to include:

.hack//G.U. Last Recode - November 3

Doom (Switch) - November 10

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon - November 17

Star Ocean: The Last Hope HD Remaster - November 28

I dunno, a pretty basic chat about what we’ve been playing and maybe the odd news story if it’s worth bringing up is all I would be bothered with.

I wouldn’t think too big, it’s been a long time since we’ve done these and you have to remember that it’s highly likely that more or less no-one outside of this forum will be listening.

Personally, I would scale back at least for the first one and see how that goes.

Nice, I'll add them to the list @radiofloyd

The different sections are just there to keep us on track and stop us rambling @Hendo hopefully the conversation will flow and they'll all just flow into one another, if someone brings up a news topic or game organically then we can talk about it then, its all good.

The different sections may all look a bit daunting but it won't be too bad. If I think its dragging or folks are getting fed up then I'll wrap it up earlier, no need to worry :)

If everyone taking part could PM me their Skype ID's too before the weekend that'd be great (already added @mr lakitu on there earlier) :) 

I would use Discord but I think it's probably safer for the first episode to use Skype.

Also I've altered the template again to make it more simple.

Introductions -

Host: Blakey (Tom)

Guest 1: Hendo (Andy)

Guest 2: Radiofloyd (Tommy)

Guest 3: Mr_Lakitu (Mark)

Guest 4: Dangerman (Ben)

Game Announcements - If any games have been announced since we last recorded an Episode then we talk about them, what we think, whether we're excited or disappointed by the announcement etc.

Games:

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

News - Just whatever is being talked about or what stories have came to light in the past week, you may of heard them already somewhere else or they might be completely fresh stories to you. At least 3 topics, up to 5-6 if it's a big news week (E3/PSX/GamesCom etc.).

Topics:

1 - EA closing Visceral Games, 'pivoting' development of Amy Hennig's Star Wars game and moving development to EA Vancouver.

2 - Activision's Micro-transactions matchmaking patent.

3 - Star Wars Battlefront 2's Loot boxes - Loot boxes in games, is it gambling?

What are you playing? - Each guest details what they’re playing at that particular time, what they like about it and what they don’t like, ending with the host.

Yorkshire Tea or Instant Coffee - This may not be in every episode, but essentially I'll read out to you a few of the upcoming releases for the next 4-6 weeks or so and you all tell me whether you're hyped or meh about them. If you're excited and can't wait to play then it's a Yorkshire Tea, if you're underwhelmed by what you've seen or think they'll turn out horrendously then it's an Instant Coffee.

Games to rate:

Oct 27th - Mario Odyssey, AC: Origins, Wolfenstein 2,

Nov 3rd - CoD WW2., hack//G.U. Last Recode

Nov 7th - Sonic Forces.

Nov 10th - NFS Payback, Doom (Switch)

Nov 14th - LA Noire Remaster, LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2,

Nov 17th - Battlefront 2, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Nov 28th - Star Ocean: The Last Hope HD Remaster

Dec 1st - Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  

It's pretty much a standard podcast format now @Hendo, stripped a lot of the extras out and changed the recording day to Sunday to keep you in but fair play, if it's still not something you wanna bother with then that's fine.

Sorry, don't mean to get arsey, just a little frustrated and disappointed is all, I was looking forward to having a full house, it'll hopefully still be good with 3 though.

So confirmed(ish) guests now are:

Dangerman,

Radiofloyd,

Me.

If anyone else drops out it'll be postponed until next weekend.

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic