passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

I want a PSP

Oliath

I am thinking of getting a PSP... however... i really dont play my DS that much anymore as the xbox is just too tempting.

I really need some badass games on a handheld to keep me playing it.

God of war looks brilliant and might do the trick... but what else is there.

I want stuff that has lots of things to unlock... and challenges.... i am really into that kind of gaming right now.

Are there any cool multiplayer games on the PSP..

Or should i just save my money?

I dont know about multiplayer games, im sure you can play Everybodys Golf multi but dont mention it to Ed cos he'll go on for hours about how its the best game ever. ;)

Anyhoo's yes to God of War, yes to Patapon, Yes to Ridge Racer 2, yes to Castlevania Chronicles and yes to Extreme Ghost n Ghouls (or whatever its called, i'll always no it as Makaimura Gaiden). Them lot makes it worth getting alone.

I have also heard of something called monster hunter that is supposed to be massive in Japan....

Anyone heard of this?

I talked my housemate into buying it as part of a deal and she hated it. But she is a girl and thus can't be trusted when it comes to monsters or hunting.

Er... no idea how the quote button works here... i pressed it and it went red...

Anyway.. was trying to quote Hendo... and then say SORRY!!!

But remember i am here to make your job as an admin much more hands on :-)

So anyhooo... i got a slip white PSP now and God of War and its made my tip all moist. Love it.

I whacked it up to the hardest setting though cos everyone said it was short but i am getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter so might step it down a notch.

Ha ha.. and was playing on the bus into work this morning and got to a bit where you have the threesome and some girl on the bus next to me was like... what the fuuuk

Er... no idea how the quote button works here... i pressed it and it went red...

No worries Oli, you crazy bastard. ;)

Yeah, you press the reply button that's on the same post as the person you wanna quote, I think green means quote is on, clicking it and making it red turns that off I think.

Anyhoo, I traded in a load of my PSP games to fund the 360 so I can't remember them all, but Virtua Tennis is really good. Like ill says, Ultimate G 'n' G is fantastic but hard as fuck. Outrun 2 is brilliant, though you may have got that on xbox?

I've also got a Capcom retro collection, the Sega Megadrive Collection, Gitaroo Man (barely played :unsure: ), a Midway retro collection, Patapon and the truly awesome LocoRoco.

I've been thinking about diving back in, picking up the Castlevania one, the Metal Gear one (not bloody card trading) and a couple of others.

Get one Oliath, they're worth a purchase. Go for the Slim though, as it has nicer buttons, a d-pad that works, and is lighter. Although bear in mind that it only comes with the system itself, a battery and AC adaptor. You'll need a memory stick for saves, and I heartily recommend the Hori Inner Pouch Portable from Play-Asia, along with a Hori screen protector.

Games wise, Everybody's Golf is the best PSP game EVER, so get that. Lots of unlockable and great for quick bursts.

Just going through my games and these stand out: SEGA Mega Drive collection is possibly the greatest retro collection of all time, if you like the Mega Drive. Well worth the £13 or so. Ridge Racer 2 is fantastic, worth going for over the first one as it has all the tracks. Daxter makes the 3D platformer work on a handheld, made by the guys who did God of War PSP. Exit is great, try the XBLA demo, it works better on the PSP. Gripshift is an oldie but goodie, probably get it for a fiver. MegaMan Powered Up is great remake, and looks amazing. OutRun 2006 is superb. Virtua Tennis World Tour works very well on the PSP. LocoRoco is a must-buy, as you can't get it elsewhere. Patapon hasn't grabbed me, but that's probably my own fault. My curent collection is here. :)

There's a few games I still want to get, WipEout Pulse, Ultimate G'n'G, and Castlevania.

cool

thanks for the tips guys.

Have ordered the hori pouch and protectors.

One thing i have noticed though... the battery life is REALLY bad!!! lol..

Are there alternative solutions?

I have looked on ebay and they offer 2400mha batteries... but i have no idea what this means. Will this give me longer battery play time or not?

I have looked on ebay and they offer 2400mha batteries... but i have no idea what this means. Will this give me longer battery play time or not?

Beware of buying batteries on eBay, the vast majority are fakes and their supposed claims of 2400mAH etc are normally rubbish.

VideoGamesPlus sell an official 2200mAH replacement, complete with a new battery cover, as the battery is slightly larger. £20+P&P, not available in the UK. The standard PSP Slim battery is 1200mAH, so the replacement will almost double its battery life.

Very nice.

Thanks again ED.

And so far i am really enjoying my new toy :-)

I am loving God of War too, although i think i might have spoiled myself as apparently its the best game on the console, so everything else might feel a bit weak.

Cos i heard it was so short i am playing it on the hardest setting and OH MY GOD is it taking me a long time to get through!!!

I really like my psp it gets as much use as the ds. I'm tempted to pick up monster hunter to see what all the fuss is about. Sounds like it might be okay. If you want to take the risk there is some pretty cool mod stuff you can do with it as well. There a a pretty much perfect snes emulator assuming you own the original carts and also a ps1 emulator as well