MFGamers

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Swallow

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wiivo wrote:

So its just me then? That's funny because I probably would have waited too had it not been for all the hype that we all created.

Well anyway my Freeloader and Brawl have both been dispatched now :D

Mines ordered but not shipped yet. I want it for the weekend so im giving serious thought to demanding my money back and ordering from elsewhere. Very worried that I've been screwed over by that (pesky) ebay seller

Basically I did get screwed over with my other order and I'm still waiting for paypal to give me my refund (even though there's nothing to investigate, the sellers been kicked off ebay). So I've ordered from 365 games with Recorded delivery in the hopes that this will arrive Saturday morning. Then I can get destroyed by every other person who owns the game all through Easter. Yay!

I'll sort out my FC later or tomorrow Wiivo, I'm not going to get anywhere near the game until after the footy (COME ON UNITED!)

I actually wasn't all that sold on the game (Smash Bros) at first, which is something that never crossed my mind. I know I wasn't that excited about it when the game was announced but as more and more was revealed I really started to look forwards to it coming out. Then after an hour or so playing against Hendo and Spatular last night I was feeling like I did when I first played Smash Bros years ago, it's too simple for its own good.

But then something just clicked, it is still simple and it always will be, but that doesn't matter, that's how it's supposed to be. The point is to knock people off the stage and stay on yourself, use items, combos, scenery whatever it takes. It's sumo not UFC.

So yeah, I'm really enjoying it now, I'm tentative about the single player mode, but I enjoyed the challenge fights I got to play

Also, anyone know what the stars mean in multiplayer? They're next to where it say's who you are (i.e. player 1, player 2 etc not Mario, Luigi)

:) :) :)

There was three of us playing for the most part, and we unlocked 3 or 4 extra characters, a couple of trophies and the odd stage and it feels like we just scratched the surface of what's in there.

It took about an hour to get back into the swing of it, but I'm definitely ordering myself a copy now. King DeDe and Meta Knight seem to be pretty hard characters to play as, also they seem to have toned down my old favourite Marth.

Hooray! They haven't fucked it up!

Hendo wrote:

It took about an hour to get back into the swing of it, but I'm definitely ordering myself a copy now. King DeDe and Meta Knight seem to be pretty hard characters to play as, also they seem to have toned down my old favourite Marth.

How do you mean hard? I had a pretty good record with both of those. I was shit with peach and the pokemonz tho

Also Wiivo, at one point I had 37 stars, Spatular 30 and Hendo 72, but it was pretty even in terms of wins. My thought was maybe it was knock outs, Hendo seemed to get a lot but then I dont remember him comitting suicide that often, so it should have matched out win records :S

Hi, I'm very new here. But some of you may know me from the Gamesâ„¢ forum.

I've signed up here because some of you may know that I have now purchased a game that I might actually like to play with other people on Wi-Fi.

That game is Smash Bros. Brawl.

I would also like to play Mario Kart when it comes out, and Hendo and I have a DS match or two to be playing soon.

Anyway, My name is Lee. You can call me leeray, Lee Ray or whatever really. Hell, you can call me monkey boy for all I care.

My Smash Code is 0001-3139-0537

If anyone is interested in playing a few matches, message me.

I look forward to playing you guys. (I didn't want to give out my SC on Smashboards as I don't consider myself to be that good... Yet.)

Oh, and the stars by your name in the character select screen are indeed the amount of kills you have performed since you started playing that day.

Ah welcome to the fold, Lee. :)

Ben wrote:

How do you mean hard? I had a pretty good record with both of those. I was shit with peach and the pokemonz tho

Ooops sorry. :blush:

Damn my speed typing, what I mean was that they are hard characters, in that you can easily pummel people with them.

FC: 3909-7414-7790

Bit disappointed in the Classic mode. It's pretty good first time through, but then it just seems to pretty much repeat with everyone else

Also forgot to mention, we say the special Animal Crossing stage last night where err, Snoopy (?) plays a song in the background

Would anyone be interested in setting up and playing some small tournaments online?

No money involved, only bragging rights.

This is an idea (which is open to discussion and amendment).

You play your opponent best of three matches, the matches being 3 lives with a 4 minute time limit.

The tournaments themselves could have random criteria, such as in one tournament the items could be set at only smash balls and at a high occurrence?

Or one with just Pokéballs and/or assist trophies, or one tourney with no items.

We could have it so you would have to pick three characters to play with, and to play each of your three matches with a different character.

Anyone interested? Anyone with any ideas on what would make a good, but fun tourny?

Remember though, this is just for fun....

leeray666 wrote:

Would anyone be interested in setting up and playing some small tournaments online?

No money involved, only bragging rights.

This is an idea (which is open to discussion and amendment).

You play your opponent best of three matches, the matches being 3 lives with a 4 minute time limit.

The tournaments themselves could have random criteria, such as in one tournament the items could be set at only smash balls and at a high occurrence?

Or one with just Pokéballs and/or assist trophies, or one tourney with no items.

We could have it so you would have to pick three characters to play with, and to play each of your three matches with a different character.

Anyone interested? Anyone with any ideas on what would make a good, but fun tourny?

Remember though, this is just for fun....

We've had the tourney idea for ages with Smash Bros.

We tend to make them have most of the regular members on them, and there's a prize of a game at the end for the winner.

I guess once more people get it (Only a couple here have it now, although most of us are ordering it very soon), we can have a tourney.