LOST

Shin_Seffron

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol

Well i am loving this season so far.

Last weeks was one of the best. It was Desmond's story.. and it actually started to explain lots about what was going on.

That doesn't spoil anything so don't worry if you just read that... unless of course you haven't seen the last series when there is a bit where you think Desmond is going to die... in which case i just ruined that bit for you.... so sorry.

Does anyone else think that when they finally wrap the show up it'll be a Truman Show style way of doing it?

"You thought you were on an island but really we've been filming you and throwing crazy things your way!"

It would explain a lot of it anyway - I'm thinking of the polar bear, for example.

Hendo wrote:

Does anyone else think that when they finally wrap the show up it'll be a Truman Show style way of doing it?

"You thought you were on an island but really we've been filming you and throwing crazy things your way!"

It would explain a lot of it anyway - I'm thinking of the polar bear, for example.

The Polar Bear was explained ages ago.

How one got to Tunisia with a Dharma collar however, is another matter. ;)

Lost has been awesome this series. My favourite TV program right now, for all of it's faults.

Oliath wrote:

It was Desmond's story.. and it actually started to explain lots about what was going on.

I think I saw that one, he had a barbers in Peckham and he knocked about with "Porkpie!" and some posh bloke in traditional african clothes

Desmonds ep last week was a reet corker. Three eps to go i belive till the end of the series or the mid=season break or whatever theyre bleedin doin!

This weeks better not be a "filler" episode,i want more answers dammit!

Yep!

I love it... the only show i really watch and hopefully ill get my dirty little hands on it tomorrow at work :-)

So how was the polar bear explained then?

And i totally forgot that they discovered one in Tunisia... that was at the start of this Series wasn't it?

I think thats what he mean, one being discovered in tunisia.

I'll be d/l'ing this tomozza while in work, although it seems that its getting slower to download these days - I used to b able to download each weeks ep in around 4-5 hours, but this series it takes 9-12 hours!

Maybe more people stream it off the net rather than seeding it for the likes of me...

• 5 months later...

Ok, I know I'm miles behind everyone else but a mate lent me his missus' box set of Series 3 and I piled through it all in one week.

I think I know where Ben is coming from:

So, it's explained as a cult.

It's also explained as a Utopian society.

Also it's Hell.

It's Purgatory.

So which one is it, you bunch of bastards?

I liked the ending, it reminded me of the end of Life on Mars (*DOUBLE SPOILER WARNING*) in that someone who spent their entire time wanting to escape finally did but life was meaningless and so wanted to get back.

But really, as much as I do love the show, they really need to wrap it all up and answer everything. Or at least just settle on one outcome.

Get Season 4 now, and you'll find they do know where they're going.

They were pissed off at the start of Season 3 at the network because the producers wanted to know when the show would end, and the network wanted to milk it. Half way through the series, they made a deal that meant Lost got 3 more Series of 16 episodes, so they could plan out the ending. The next series shows a lot more focused storylines, where you feel like they know where they're going a lot better.

• 6 months later...

finally gotten into lost, after years of slagging it off. Really enjoying it at the moment. I thought i knew a lot about it already, but as the series goes on i'm still being surprised. Almost at the end of the first season now.

Is the game worth playing, and if so at what point should i start playing it? Will it spoil anything that i haven't seen already, and can i be a scab and get someone to lend it to me :D obviously i'll cover postage etc etc or could do a swapsy for something i have?

• 1 month later...

oh my god, this might be my favourite TV show of all time, can't get enough of it at the moment. Half way through season 3 at the moment, i just love the twists and turns that it takes. I can understand people getting fucked off with it watching it on a week by week basis over 5 years, but if you hammer through them over a couple on months like we're doing it never lets up.

I'm still not really sure where it is going although i've a few ideas. Favourite character so far is probably Desmond or Mr Eko

( gutted when the smoke/his brother/whatever got him )

, also got a soft spot of Locke and Sawyer. Not a fan of Kate at all.

Not a fan of Kate at all.

Me neither - much prefer Juliet. And Jack :blush:

I lost interest halfway through 3 and never watched the start of 4 but series five has got me right back into it. I think it is due to them starting to answer questions and tie up some loose ends ready for the final series.