passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears of War

Hendo

Very surprised we ain't got a thread on this already.

Me and ill have been (trying to) play this recently on co-op on the hardest setting, but last night we couldn't connect at all, plus we're on the last chapter. :(

After we gave up I played some multi for the first time ever, and it wasn't too shabby plus there's actually people still playing.

However when it's late over here, guess the people you play against....

Most have been really cool, but it's easy to see the American Live reputation when you play something like Gears.

Anyway, in hindsight, it's a brilliant game - I still think GTM giving it 10 was a little bit stupid, but it's certainly a great, great game.

The plot though (and voice acting and dialogue and characters) is terrible.

Gears is in my top ten of games! i love this game and cant wait for gears 2, we ran some noob nights on the gamestm forum for about 4 weeks and played this! was so much more fun than just hooking up to live and dying every first shot!

Would be up for a tournament night?! just need to pay for live first, not a big live player anymore so havent paid for it when it ran out 2 months ago!

I played this obsesivly around the time it came out, I literally havn't touched it for about a year though but I would be up for a multi-player type thing.

I don't remember the voice acting being that bad, it is corny, but what do you expect from a game where having a chainsaw on your gun is normal practice. But yeah, 10 is a bit much, its just big gory fun.

Hendo an me are on the last chapter on Insane and as he said, the filthy boxes wouldnt connect, Friday or Saturday - wtf? It kept telling me i couldnt connect to the host, so we tried Sega Rally and it was the same. Fucked me off cos i dont know the reason it wasnt working.

Id definately be up for some online action.

• 2 months later...
DC Comics and Epic Games have just announced that they will be working on a Gears of War comic book that is set to debut from DC's Wildstorm publishingimprint in Ocober. No further details have yet been announced and such details like the creative team working on it will be announced at a later date.

“We are thrilled to be working with DC Comics to further bring to life the Gears of War universe. A lot of our developers are huge comic fans, and have loved the personas and chronicles unique to DC Comics since childhood,” said Dr. Michael Capps, president of Epic Games. “The Gears of War storyline and characters that millions of gamers have come to cherish will be a perfect fit under the WildStorm imprint.”

“Big guns and monsters — what a perfect comic book for WildStorm! We have an opportunity to work closely with Epic to add to the canon of the Gears of War mythos, so you can imagine how excited we all are, said Hank Kanalz, VP – General Manager, WildStorm. “Epic sets the bar very high, in graphics, story, and gameplay — and expect no less from our series, starting with our lead-in arc that fills in the gaps between the first game and the upcoming sequel.”

Let's hope that Gears the comic book will be as gripping and immersive as Gears the game. When mixing two powerhouses like Epic and DC together though, the results can only be good... Surely!

I be looking forward to this, there seems to be alot of comics for games now

Army of Two

Dark Sector

etc etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Me and a mate had our first go on this yesterday. Its alright, the characters feel a bit blocky, like im controlling a transformer or something. I like that you can be brought back to life, the everday enemies are double hard bastard to shoot at, im starting to think that the tactic is just to run from cover to cover and then chainsaw the fuckers where possible, as shooting just seems like a waste of time.

I wish your computer controlled mates would bring you back to life too, rather than just fucking run off and get shot.

Its one of those games that the more you play it, the more rewarding it is. When i first played though it, i thought it was okay, nothing special, it wasn't until the 2nd and 3rd time, esp in coop that it really clicked

Its one of those games that the more you play it, the more rewarding it is. When i first played though it, i thought it was okay, nothing special, it wasn't until the 2nd and 3rd time, esp in coop that it really clicked

There were some bits where it was cool because me and my mate were workig together well, like with that berserker, it was like shoot it to stop it from killing your mate, and then bring him back to life, smash door etc

Its pretty cool, I think that the tens that I heard about in magazines made me expect a bit more from it. I absolutely love chainsawing people, its completely rediculous and was clearly added in for the sort of sillyness factor, but it got its cheap laughs last night when me and my mate figured out how to do it and spent the next hour just chainsawing things and going "WOAH!11! HEEHEEHEE"

• 4 weeks later...

Yay! Me and ill finally did it! Though he already did it with another. <_<

I've got very few single player achievements left now, anyone fancy hosting an Easy (or whatever the easiest setting is) game and letting me swipe the Dom achievements?

Yay! Me and ill finally did it! Though he already did it with another. <_<

I've got very few single player achievements left now, anyone fancy hosting an Easy (or whatever the easiest setting is) game and letting me swipe the Dom achievements?

I've been playing this at work with my mate the last few days, loving the coop. were going though on hardcore, didnt fancy insane. I wouldn't mind going through it again on normal or hardcore, i'll probably be internet-less for a week or so though as i'm moving house

• 2 weeks later...