passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Contact

Oliath

el Centy wrote:

When i filled in the hobby bit i saw this coming :D

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I'm on the second 'boss' right now...

Fighting multiple enemies is a little tough since you can only hit one at a time and by the time your attack has 'charged' one of them have hit you first, which seems to cancell out your attack. Hopefully later weapons will have mass attack features, I've got a Cloud Sword (?) right now and it's decent enough to kill the smaller foes in one hit.

Also the game has messed up a few times, an enemy attacks and they seem to get stuck into the walls making it impossible for me to exit combat mode.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I've done all the initial bollocks with the nosey professor, called myself Hendo and the little chap Columbo and had a few small fights.

Love the whole look of it, but am constantly confused as what to do all the time.

When he started talking about "decals" I just kinda zoned out for a minute. No idea what he was going on about.

I think I sort of understand the decals...

By hitting the right button (or touching the green box) you open up the selection of 'tool' decals that are used on and off throught the game. Things like returning to your ship, capturing gems etc. These decals can be refiled whenever you visit the prof.

The other decals are stat decals. So far I've only had four from killing enemies, and put each one into the four stat slots under the ? tab in the menu, looks like you can only have four equiped at a time so whenever I get a new one, I'll have to decide wich to remove or trash. At the moment my four stat decals are Strength +2, Strength +2, Health +3 and Luck+4. So my dude had a bonus of +4 Strength (from two Strength decals), +3 Health and +4 Luck.

Shit explination eh? But its simple enough once you get the hang of it...

yeah James... that was good for me...

I understand what the four you can 'equip' are for now...

aaawwww. i left my DS at work and want to play this so bad before i go to sleep :-(

The Other decals, you can apply at any time during the game and are like bonus one off powerups, until you return to ship to top them up (or i think... correct me if i am wrong... have a bath and recharge yourself?)

Its still early days for me so lots to learn still... i have only recovered two crystals :-/

You guys done LeChef island yet?

Whats the deal with cooking?

Cooking just seems to be for upgrading your health items at the moment.

Eg. Meat will give you 40 Health but cooking it into BBQ Meat will give you 60 Health and some stat boosts.

Anyone found any real meals? I've bought the instructions for three or four meals (one of them is a health potion I think) but haven't tried them out yet

RetroEd wrote:

So, is it worth the purchase? This or Rocket Slime are next on the list, swaying towards Rocket Slime at the moment.

James is probably the best person to answer that, Ed.

I'm thoroughly confused and lost at the moment and it's dampening my enthusiasm for a game I've been looking forward to for the best part of a year.

I win battles (just), use all my goodies to regain my health then when i re-enter the area, the enemies have re-spawned!

I think some GameFAQ help or something is in order or I'll just lose interest in it, to be honest.

Baths and shortcuts... if you are in a dungeon...

The re-spawning is very frustrating though... at first... but then becomes a handy way to get more cash for more food :-)

It takes a while to level up enough to be half decent, and i ONLY just got there.... for now... but i am sure the baddies will catch me up.

Im glad its not just me struggling a little....

SPOILER ALERT TO THOSE NOT ACTUALLY PLAING THE GAME

That first boss is ridiculous. I can destroy both arms without getting hit, but just fighting his face is stipid. Why oh why cant you use the Y button attacks (are those decals?). I can shoot a Trickle? and it does damage, but you cant select it when fighting his face. Ive tried about ten times. That thing he shoots from the sky that hits you then gives him energy seems unavoidable. And his gay scream that always hits you too, i hate shit like that.

Although im enjoying it still, i think the fighting system is rubbish. Or have I got it wrong somehow? You just let him stand there and he swipes every 3 seconds or so? Thats rubbish.

Not been overly impressed with the level design either. Beating that dude who's trying to open the door thats leads to the boss? I had half my energy when i beat him, thinking he was the boss, only to walk through the door expecting to find a cell and finding that Rock cunt. Rubbish.

Is it just a case of arsing around for ages and levelling up?

illdog wrote:

You just let him stand there and he swipes every 3 seconds or so?

Is it just a case of arsing around for ages and levelling up?

Yes and Yes...I didn't find rock dude too hard, the one before him was a total git and at least rocky has some easily avoidable attacks, combat is still a bit shit though, just wait when you get groups of enemies ganging up on you, each hitting you for like 40 HP each...

My DS almost...almost...went flying. I'm on the second boss now and it just gets worse :dry:

I'm gonna wipe the data later and start from scratch.

I'll spend most of my day off going through it again and trying to understand it all.

Maybe even use a guide.

I'm getting fairly used to being behind the rest of you guys all the time.

:(

It could be like LostMagic though, where it's nothing great until you start levelling up and then it really starts going.

Well, the boss came in then fucked off after 2 hours so I wiped the data and started again.

My guy is now called Froogle - no idea why, the only thing I could come up with that fit.

Here's where I went wrong before.

Firstly, I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on and what I was being told, and secondly, I was trying to play it like an action game - which it clearly isn't.

So, this is my current tactic....

Enter first cave with 3 green worm/willy creatures.

Kill them.

Leave cave.

Repeat.

I'm now on 66 HP and have 1239 coins and I'm damn well not leaving the first cave until I can kill them every time with just one hit.

Using this (admittedly dull) technique I might actually enjoy the game.

I hate the beginnings of RPG's when you feel as weak as a kitten.

This gang raping combat system is really pissing me off right now. I’ve just gone through two bosses (one main and one sub, like the first time) without no problems what so ever but have now arrived in a room where multiple enemies continuously re-spawn to give you a kicking. My little dude targets one, get’s the shit knocked out of him by the others, is about to attack an enemy but either 1) doesn’t do fuck all or 2) misses and the others get their turn to beat me up again.

May give this one a break in fact, its really frustrating now.

Yeah the combat SUCKS ASS

i agree with ill.. its so gay that he just stands there and swipes every so often... rubbish... it would be better if it was a diablo style.. tap the enemy to attack at least :-(

Gonna push on though and just carry SHIT loads of herbs and bread around to patch me up.

The rock boss is gay too..

When you get the arms off... and then do the face... what the jizz is that purple shit that comes out the sky and fucks you over... you cant avoid it can you?

GRRRRRRRRR