passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mass Effect

Sambob

I started this a week or so ago, looking good so far. I hated KotOR, soo boring but this seems to be drawing me in. I guess the story is just better and I prefer the way the speech now flows.

Not sure about the combat, it does feel pretty broken, I'm hoping that at some point I will gain the ability to hold a sniper rifle steady. Currently it makes me think I'm drunk.

We'll see how it goes, 4 hours in now, just on my first vehicle section, not following the main quest as yet.

How did everyone else find this? Seems like a lot of people started it and then the thread died.

I recently started a second playthrough using my existing character on Hardcore difficulty, mainly to go and do the Bring Down the Sky dlc. I loved it back in 2007, and I'm really enjoying it again now. I got an achivement for 150 sniper kills the other day after finding a planet populated by a colony of cute little Space Monkeys and using them as target practice. :lol:

The combat doesn't work for sure if you play it like a shooter, especially against enemies that rush you.

I hang back, use cover, use the sniper rifle to pick off targets and make use of choke points so that enemies that rush you get bunched up. Then I use my Tech ally to sabotage their weapons or damp biotic/tech abilities, and my Biotic ally to throw them back, or lift them all in the air with Singularity making them sitting targets.

Sniper accuracy gets better with more points in the right skills, better weapons, and better upgrades. Also, don't try and aim it like you would a first person shooter, just nudge it in the right direction.

I couldn't imagine runngin through this ona harder level, I'm sooo poor at the combat I've had to re-try a few sections over and over already!

I haven't really figured out all of the techs yet, I have been using some, mainly shield boost. I don't seem to have a lot else yet or understand what half of them do. I'm sure it will all fall into place.

Agreed on the sniper rifle, I can hit people it just takes ages. Deffo not like a FPS!

I guess it can be a little frustrating but I'm getting so drawn into the depth of the universe and characters I gotta keep going I think!

Keep going Jon, i found this game to be an awesome experience, im on my second playthrough aswell but only got halfway through.

The combat is a little broken but once you become strong enough its a doddle, i was wading through battlefields laughing as bullets bounced off my teeth.

I may pick this up again soon...

I won't quit it, don't worry. Its just starting to get exciting!

Not sure I could play through again though, the only game I can think of that I played through more than once was Mario 64...

I put a few more hours into this last night, got my skills up to a decent level now so I'm not a total retard when trying to shoot things. Totally got me hooked now, I'm having to book time off now to play it more!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently 11 hours into this monster of a game, there are so many choices ahead of me too. I know where I should be going next but I can't help check out some of the other missions. Every single side quest so far has been thoroughly interesting, varied and so detailed! This game constantly astounds me, I think it is possibly my top 360 game.

I was saddened last night though, one of my group was killed and it was horrible! Made worse by the fact that they were in my group of 3 the whole time until now... Oh well, must soldier on...

Roll on this eve so I can play some more!

i love it, its a brill game. the levels only go up to 60 bro but yeah i have a lvl 60 soldier. did the game on insanity difficulty too ;) started a new game as a biotic to get some cheeves, if i could find my camera id take a picture of her because her face makes me lol very hard

ill see if i can borrow my sisters cameraphone tonight :)

at the beginning of the game, where the camera follows your character striding purposefully through the ship, never showing the front of them, then theres kind of a 'reveal' of your characters face when he/she stands behind joker. cool with my soldier who resembles shaft, absolutely ludicrous with this deformed shemale

It's not that good - I enjoyed it, but I was very disappointed, especially considering what they promised. The side quests are mostly crap, all the same buildings on different planets. The main quest was pretty short too.

its not without its faults, i guess as with every game some people dwell on the good things more than others and some people on the bad. the main quest isnt huuuge, yeah there mustve been a half price sale on evil alien warehouses because all over the galaxy they have the same internal layout lol. but jesus cry me a river if this game isnt bizzrillopadrilliant in so many ways it makes my cock weep spunk. i didnt notice the main quest was short the first time through, i did all the sidequests, it wasnt a chore no one could fucking stop me because the story, the mythos, the worlds of this game just totally drew me in. and thats the one thing you reeeeeally need in an rpg

Yeah, the world was absolutely brilliant - I actually read through a good chunk of the encyclopedia thing in the menu. The ending is awesome as well. Can't wait for ME2 actually.

• 2 weeks later...

All done...

Man, that was an AMAZING experience. I miss it already, might actually have to play through this again!

I never found that planet with all those hundreds of animals that someone mentioned though?!

Easily my fav 360 game, deffo in my top 3 of all time I reckon too!