Swallow

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm ranked 7 now. :)

The town has opened up a lot more, I've bought a new katana, upgraded both with extras, learnt a new wrestling move by buying a video, done some training in the gym to get stronger and done more assassinations and odd-jobs.

It really is what happens when a wrestling-mad Japanese guy makes his answer to GTA.

It's bonkers and I love it!

So far though, I don't think it's quite as good as Killer7 but I am expecting some plot twists. I'm sure I can guess what will happen when it's time to take on number 1.

I really enjoyed what I played of it (or what i could see through the fuzz), the fighting parts are action, action, action which is what i enjoy. With power ups etc i can imagine it only gets better.

Im looking forward to playing my bloodless Euro version when i get the chance.

It is a really good game, possibly not worth buying a Wii for, alone, but a great game anyhow.

At first I wasn't convinced by the open world type thing, but as more places open up it makes a lot more sense.

If the coconut game was extreme wait till you MOW A LAWN!!! Yeah, feel the power.

there is plenty of stuff i want on the Wii now, its passed my golden rule of "not buying a console until there are at least 7 games i want, and some good ones in the pipe line."

not really the snappiest rule out there, hasn't got the same ring as "thou shalt not kill". But yeah this will defo be on the purchase list.

Finally got a chance to crank up my copy, i forgot how much i enjoy the added Wii waggles in games. Lock on a dude, stun him with B then grab him with B, then its suplex time for his ass with a bonkers nunchuk left and Wii remote up - makes you look like a cock which is even better.

Im loving the fluidity of the fighting system, its not second nature to me yet cos im only on my way to challenge 9th rank but i bet when it rolls of the forearms its fantastic.

God i miss the blood.

My copy has arrived, not on my doorstep, I had to go and pick it up.:angry:

Anyhow, when I try to play it the screen is all red. I think I did the freeloader thing allright. I'm using a RGB SCART, is that anything to do with it?

Actually, if I think about it, the lead that came with the Wii might work.

I tried using the other SCART socket but both are RGB on mine. I'm going to put NMH on the side till my component lead comes because it looks fucking awful with the composite.

I have had alot of fun with what I have played, I'm ranked 9th and I find the combat is deeper than I expected. I don't like the bike though, it looks like a beast yet it feels slow without using turbo and it often power slides in the opposite direction to what I press.:S

Im not sure about this...I bought it because I wanted to buy something, and Pro Evo Wii didnt have a master league mode.

Im ranked 8 or 9 now, and dont get me wrong, its good fun. My problem with the game is that it feels like im playing devil may cry and a bit of grand theft auto, which would normally be a good thing, but it feels like im playing old versions of those games, with the ad bits left in.

Im finding the run through a hallway fighting a few guys before a doors opens, rinse and repeat, a little repetitive. The combat isnt working its magic on me, because there is no ability to chain anything together, doing the wrestling moves feels a little bit pointless unless its on a boss, because you can take off the same amount of health and kill someone just by pressing A, but with a wrestling move you cant finish them off, even if they have no health left...so you have to press the floor kill button, which leaves you open to being hit. The inclusion of wrestling moves is a cool touch, but like I said, they feel a bit redundant because slashing with the sword does the job better.

The driving around bit feels slightly naff too because it just looks naff, and as someone else said the massive motorbike feels a bit slow and cumbersome. The big town environment feels a bit empty and lonely, although it does have things added to it later on...Perhaps im being overly critical but for me Delphino fucking Island or Gruntilda's Grotto felt like better game environments.

Its not a horrible game by any stretch, but I think im perhaps just a bit underwhelmed by it.

Well, i must admit, after my initial gushing this has failed to pull me in. Ive only done as far as rank 9 and ive got no beef with the game at all, but ive opted to play Oblivion or Phoenix Wright over this, almost every time. Its not grabbing me by the balls and shouting PLAY ME like i thought it would.