passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Shin_Seffron

no, it doesnt have any 2 or 4 in it! i can understand 4, ive just finished it again on wii! but no re2 confuses me.. i can only imagine it was just downright time constraints, or that it would look too similar to 3 as its set in the city too, or that theyre planning to remake it soon and dont want to spoil sales in some weird way, could be all 3!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i think 2 would be too similar to 3. As for Resi 4, i dont think that has much to do with umbrella, as theyre sorta out the picture in that game and the virus has moved on to different hands.

I would of liked to fight william Birkins varying forms from Resi 2 in FPS mode though...

I'm a little unsure what I think of this. It's basically just a slow HOTD, but I always preffered HOTDs hecticness over Virtua Cops more considered gameplay. This is really tough compared to those older games though, or at least it is because i dont know the levels.

I do like that the weakpoints are such a factor, but i hate those slime/leech monsters, they move about too much :( And it begins to show that the shotgun doesnt really do enough damage

I'm also impressed they got Morgan Frreeman to put on an english accent for the intro :P

Bit disappointed in this!!

Sat down yesterday with mrs manicm to play the 2 player mode, and we finished it in 3 hours!! now im not great and she just loves shooting things!! I have a few single player bits to play we unlocked along the way but is that it??

3 main chapters?? or have i missed something??

Would be gutted if i had paid full price for this!

should be 4 main chapters, manicm. and you get a more powerful shotgun later on if you havent already, ben. i know what you mean about the hotd gameplay being hectic and enjoyable because of it, but i like this approach too, i think you could also apply the word 'considered' here too. i think a lot, lot more thought has gone into it than most other lightgun games i can think of

• 3 weeks later...

'Tis the season to give.

So I gave this to myself - happy Christmas, Hendo!

I had over 20 quid left on a Game card that I got from my last trade-in so I basically bought this for the RRP and Virtua Tennis for the 360 for free. Happy days.

This turned up on my doorstep today, I don't remember ordering it but its on my order history so I must have.:S

Anyway I'm not complaining as I think its an enjoyable game, not a must have but fun anyway, I've only just started the level in the Zero mansion, I thought I would be further but I can't shoot straight and I am led to believe that the first part of the game is easy and boring, can't wait for later sections then.:dry:

Hendo wrote:

I've spent the best part of two days trying to play this with a mate. I say "trying" as it's very very dull.

There's nothing wrong with it, but I've had more fun shaving my balls.

Come on, thats like comparing washing cardboard to having sex with Kelly Brook - everybody loves shaving your balls.

I've spent a bit of time with this today, I probably should have been shaving my balls, but I've only got one blade left, and I need shave my face, and it's either one or the other.

I've actually quite enjoyed it today. I did the first level of the RE1 stage, did a Wesker stage, then revisited some of the earlier stages to get stars to boost my weapons. It does a good job or creating a bit of tension, you know that the games not going to go easy on you, so every new room adds a bit of stress. The bosses are a bit shit though, I've yet to do one i could honestly say I enjoyed, but they all look good so I guess that's something

I dont think this game is amazing by any stretch, but i do find it fun and etertaining for like hour long bursts, It is after all an arcade shooter, that shouldnt really have too much depth to it and that you wouldnt play for any serious lengths of time.

Having said that I'll probably finish it, max out my fave weapons, do a few levels again and never play it again.

My point is i found it was worth the purchase :laugh:

Oh and i reckon ill try it again when i get the zapper!

I've started now.

The RE0 levels are complete and utter crap, but the RE1 ones I'm on now actually appear to be pretty fun, and full of tension.

The reason I hated the RE0 one was because of the fact I seem to have spent more time shooting stupid leeches instead of Zombies, which is just crap.

I love this game. It was well worth sanding in Toys'r'us for 15 minutes AFTER I'd paid for the game for some spotty teenager to come to a little window and pass me a copy from a little shelf behined him. I'm rubbish at thes game so I'm not sure if the feature that tells you you've hit a foes weak spot is good or if I'm just not hitting 'em. I like the ooking around feature aswell. There is loads of stuff you can shoot at and find stuff in. Wicked fun.;)

• 2 weeks later...

God damn this game drives me up the wall.

I started getting back into it (yeah, just to add it to my completed game list, but what the hell) but I'm stuck now on the Nemesis. You have to be bloody perfect to kill him!

One day...