passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Drawn to Life

DANGERMAN

Surprised there isnt a thread for this as I think one or two people have it (Centy for one)

I'm on the 2nd level, or first proper level that involves you using any modicum of skill and effort, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Without wanting to be too harsh, this has already made me smile more than Zelda

I created the Reverend, without his Freakshow, but with his spoon and peg leg. And he's now equipped with his shooting pistol, ready to take out heretics and 'normies'

It strikes me as one of those games where you get back what you put in to it. If you just draw a stick man, it's not going to do much for you, but spend a bit of time on your creation and the game oozes charm.

The game itself is fairly standard platform shenanigans with some added screen rubbing. Not too bad though

i drew a black armour clad magician called necromagus, and he had a glock

but the gameplay still sucked a 'golfball through a garden hose'

as for why there isnt a thread already, maybe its owner shame? :P was the username for the dude you bought it off something like centy69?

Ben wrote:

It strikes me as one of those games where you get back what you put in to it. If you just draw a stick man, it's not going to do much for you, but spend a bit of time on your creation and the game oozes charm.

Bang on sir! The only problems I had with the game were the lack of tools to draw and the dialogue and start were very slow other than that its a brilliant little game I learned to love. My character was a goat in official USSR pj's :D using a fish as a blaster and using a pepsi sponsored submarine.

I spent a good hour drawing and editing my avatar and yeah it offers a much more personal feeling obviously it's no NSMB when it comes to the platforming but the game is stylish and cute and works very well in my mind.

I paid about £13 on ebay for a "new" copy. If it wasnt for the decent price id complain to him, but fuck it, it works even if the booklet is a bit curled.

I'm enjoying it so far Hendo, the levels are quite big. I could do without the bits inbetween, they're a bit like the town sections in Rocket Slime except worse, which isnt a great recommendation but there you go

I'll post a pic of the Rev in a bit

Like I say, I'm tempted, but partly it's because my touchscreen is way out with where the stylus goes and I'm now fairly unconfident with playing any game where accuracy is needed. Not a real problem for this, but drawing shit on Zelda is a real leap of faith and I'd imagine my character would look ten times worse than he would anyway.

Actually, for that reason alone I'm more interested in it. :)

Gah I need a new DS.

Hendo wrote:

Like I say, I'm tempted, but partly it's because my touchscreen is way out with where the stylus goes and I'm now fairly unconfident with playing any game where accuracy is needed. Not a real problem for this, but drawing shit on Zelda is a real leap of faith and I'd imagine my character would look ten times worse than he would anyway.

Actually, for that reason alone I'm more interested in it. :)

Gah I need a new DS.

I'm guessing you've tried the calibration settings?

Ben wrote:

I'm guessing you've tried the calibration settings?

Yep, several times and no difference. I'm not sure Nintendo could do a lot to fix my machine as not only that but the top screen is fooked too.

I'd run out and buy a new one now, but sadly there's not as much to look forward to on the DS as there was. :(

I'll get myself a new one soon though, and no doubt I'll pick this up.

In fact I can hear Tesco a-calling....

It might just be Zelda dude, when i try and write on the map its always way off and my DS is calibrated perfectly too.

I want to get a DS lite but as you say theres not much point in spending the extra cash at the moment.

BTW

I saw that deal for the DS lite + Sonic Rush Adventure and Drawn to Life for £99.97 advertised in the paper ta other day...

Ed posted that on here but couldnt find it anywhere (bar a new member) Be nice if it is actually nationwide

For your viewing pleasure, and awefull quality video of the Reverend's mad dancing skills

Embedding doesnt work :(

and a slightly less terrible quality photo, complete with spoon and peg leg (though they're hard to make out)

30-10-07_2328.jpg

Elsewhere, and wherever possible, every other item I've drawn (springs, platforms, handglider) is ripped form the Sonic games :laugh:

Excuse the double post.

I got past the first level or so and it's an ok platform game I suppose.

I do love the fact that you can draw what the hell you like. I made a completely unoriginal cartoon man (drawn hilariously badly) called Wiggy as his hair went a bit wrong. I'll give it some more time this evening I think.

Seriously, for having given that game a spin a couple of weeks ago, I didn't find it extraordinary. It's an "okay" platform game I guess, only saved by the novelty of drawing your character, weapons, and other platforming elements. Sure, it has a lot of charm, but I think this game is aimed more towards a younger audience.

I played a couple of session, a couple of hours each, but stopped playing it after some time. Lost interest in the title when I got the new Sonic game (that one is awesome!) and Zelda:Phantom Hourglass.

Seems to be the common consensus. I'm enjoying it, but I'd never claim it's anything special.

It's the sort of thing we'd all have gone out and bought a year or so ago, where we all knew it wasnt great but it was different and that was enough to sell it to us.

I'd like to complete it though, but the levels are a little long imo, and I've only done 4 of them. I guess that means it'll last I suppose

That all being said. I had to draw some sprout things for the farmer, and true to DS-wiifi form they ended up looking suspiciously like cocks. One of the villagers decide he wanted to munch on one of them, and hurt his teeth because they were too hard :D Ah, simple pleasures

Ben wrote:

That all being said. I had to draw some sprout things for the farmer, and true to DS-wiifi form they ended up looking suspiciously like cocks. One of the villagers decide he wanted to munch on one of them, and hurt his teeth because they were too hard :D Ah, simple pleasures

:laugh:

This makes me think about the number of times a DS game asking you to draw something results in phallic symbols. Why is it that so many people automatically think to draw these things when asked to draw something? I mean, is it really the first thing that comes to their mind? :laugh: Think of all those people drawing these and other things full of sexual symbolism at the same time. How many people, at any given time, are drawing sexual organs on their DS?

Yeah, I have way too much free time if I think up stuff like this... :P