passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Metroid

Hendo

Yes, I am a Super Metroid virgin.

Yes, I'm well aware that alone should be enough for there to be a coup (I bet there already is, you bunch of bastards).

So, I'm gonna fill my account up with some more points (currently only have 300) and then maybe I'll buy it.

Convince me, you back-stabbing twats.

I remember playing it when I was a nipper but I didn't like it at the time, I just didn't get it. But since I love the GBA games and Prime an unhealthy amount then I am go and buy it right away and try not to piss myself in anticipation.

Oh, and just.........buy it guys.......

*points and gives intense stare*

I've owned the big box Super Metroid twice. Once from new, and a mint second hand one I got on eBay a couple years ago. The first I sold way back in the day, probably for just a few quid, and the second I sold a while back when I needed some cash fast (got 30 quid for it).

It's the pinnacle of the Metroid series without a doubt, and one of the best games ever.

Had a quick go just now (only got as far as the first boss and died) but it seems pretty good. There's a few niggles like Shin mentioned about the subtitles, and I'm having some problems with getting to grips with the controls but I can see why all the fuss. :)

Hopefully as this is my first ever 2D Metroid, I'll be able to appreciate the Prime games.

Yeah, great game, playing it with fresh eyes now.

I don't know about it being the best, the contols on the GBA games were tighter and quicker and that made it easier for dodging, and theres slightly more repetition in the level design which reminds me of the original Metroid, but I'm not gonna let minor gameplay issues spoil which is a gem of a game.

This little baby is a great game, its even keeping me off Enemy Territory: Quake Wars!

The beutey of the Metroid games is that you feel so vunerable in the beginning of the game, but you kit yourself up with various upgrades untill your one triple hard bastard!

Ahh, i can remember leaving the title screen demo play as a kid (accidentially, was doing something) and seeing the grappling hook beam thing and i just thought "Oh my GOD!!"

:P

• 2 years later...

I bought this on the Virtual Console earlier, after having listened to the latest Player One Podcast which featured Super Metroid as their current 'game club' game. Really worth a listen if you're a fan of this game. I've put an hour or so into it so far, and it's taken me right back. I absolutely adore the beginning of Super Metroid, it's so atmospheric and it really makes you feel immersed from the get-go. It looks very nice indeed via component and the TV set to 4:3. It definitely holds up looks wise, and the audio is superb. DifferentClass is correct though in that the GBA ones where a lot sharper to play, Super Metroid can feel sluggish if you come to it after playing one of those. Still, amazing stuff. One of the all-time greats.

EDIT: Just got the Varia suit after defeating Kraid. :D