passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Why are we never satisfied & always want more?

Phooey

I know I'm not alone here, but why are we never satisfied with what games we have & always want more ? I have a virtually brand new PS3 & Wii with loads of games, plus lots of unplayed titles for my DS & PSP, yet I'm constantly looking for new titles to pre-order. I'm currently staring enviously at 360 owners who'll be getting The Orange Box next week, which I want as well, only the PS3 version is, well, not here yet. You'd think I didn't have any games to play the way I'm lusting after that game.

:blink:

I agree with you on that point Phooey, ive not long had halo 3 and enjoyed it fully but now im waiting for mario kart wii to come out and galaxy and so on.

Why cant i just be happy, the only game that kept my full attention over the past months has been puzzle quest and excite truck before it....

I completely agree with you, Phoo.

I bought skate two days ago and still haven't taken it out of the case but I "had to have it".

This also backs up my reasoning for not getting Prime 3 (at least straight away) as I can't spend yet more money on a game I know I won't finish, when I've got stacks of stuff that's barely touched that I am interested in.

The Orange Box is a good example in that there's loads of stuff in there, yet it's coming out in the busy season.

On my current want list I've got that and Smash Bros., Galaxy, Phantom Hourglass, plus loads more. I'm currently trying to limit myself to playing one game per system, though I'm taking the VC and XBLA as seperate to their home systems so we're still talking about a lot of crap to play.

As of right now, the DS has Pheonix Wright 3, the Wii has Super Paper Mario, the VC has Paper Mario, XBLA is Assault Heroes and 360 is Halo 3. A good variety there if nothing else.

But yeah, I still want more. :blush:

I have TONS of games I need to complete.

Super Paper Mario, PW3, Final Fantasy III, and yet I still want more.

And no doubt I'll want more. I really have to stop wanting everything on the release day, and just wait more often.

Games!!! wrote:

I really have to stop wanting everything on the release day, and just wait more often.

Thats my biggest problem, it's not that I buy too many games (not at the moment anyway) but that I have to get them straight away.

I think being on a forum probably makes it worse, chances are none of my mates are going to suddenly start talking about a game I want but havent got yet, but you lot will. Knowing that other people are playing something, and that you'll miss the discussion if you dont buy it straight away eats at me so I have to get it.

The best bit of news I've had is that GH3 and Zak and Wiki arent (despite what Play have listed) coming out on the same day as Metroid and Pro Evo, so I can still get them on release day (postmen permitting)

Ben wrote:

Games!!! wrote:
I really have to stop wanting everything on the release day, and just wait more often.

Thats my biggest problem, it's not that I buy too many games (not at the moment anyway) but that I have to get them straight away.

Same here. The second that I see a new game up for pre-order at Tronix, VG+, Play etc, I have to order it right away. It's like I'm afraid that the game is going to be sold out & I'll never be able to buy it. Stupid Phoo. :whistle: I'm now checking everywhere for this Limited Edition Assassin's Creed that's due out soon, as I don't want to miss out.

To answer the question, we have more money than sense and in my case where I have little money, it makes me worry about the amount of sense I have. It is hard, this month I am going to try not to buy PGR4, Orange Box, Metroid prime 3, LozPH and a cheeky copy of Silent Hill 2 are coming this month and I think that will be enough.

But PGR4, Valkyrie Profile and I did end up getting MySims so I guess I need a new job, one with lots of pay and only requires two days a week.