The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Jimboxy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 pages in and I finally have some impressions!

I'm still pretty much right at the beginning, but I've got my sword, bought a shield and found the dodgy guy in the temple and got him out. That really is about it, but to be fair, I was playing it in bed at the end of a long day.

Control-wise I think it works really well, though I am having some problems doing the rolls each time I want to.

Although it's still early days I can't see this over-taking Wind Waker as my favourite Zelda (or indeed the only Zelda I've ever been arsed to finish).

I've just got the North-Western Sea Chart and so far I'm loving it. The game really is impressive in using all the features that the DS and the controls work really well although like Hendo said, I'm having problems with rolling.

The scary thing is I usually don't like Zelda games. Only the 2D ones.

Well I'm looking for a way to get rid of the fog in the north west, as for people here saying that its easy, thanks for making me look stupid because I have died loads of times and keep getting stuck, I figure something out then I get stuck again, that bastard torch hiding in the house being a good example.

All in all, I'm not sure if this game is sucking me in, I might just need time with it, time not wandering around not knowing what to do.:unsure:

Well I've moved on slightly. I've found the fortune teller on her island and I think I'm in a dungeon in there somewhere. Either way, it's boomerang time!

I do have a question though, on my way to this island I saw some funky other islands that had symbols by them - I tried landing on one of them but it didn't seem to work. Is it something that's possible or will it happen later on? It didn't seem to be a big important place. I think it had a crane or something hanging off, if that helps.

Hendo wrote:

Well I've moved on slightly. I've found the fortune teller on her island and I think I'm in a dungeon in there somewhere. Either way, it's boomerang time!

I do have a question though, on my way to this island I saw some funky other islands that had symbols by them - I tried landing on one of them but it didn't seem to work. Is it something that's possible or will it happen later on? It didn't seem to be a big important place. I think it had a crane or something hanging off, if that helps.

Just join the line you draw from the boat and attach it to the anchor on the map next to the island.

It'll ask you if you want to go there.

I'm liking how the 'achievements' (I refuse to call them Big Plays), get you gifts in the main mode.

I just got my Salvage Arm, so gonna gets loads of treasure.

I'd imagine how the Temple of the Ocean King works is gonna be like Marmite, but I like it. Going back down and realising you can shortcut further is awesome.

And the puzzle where you found the King Frog thing is absolute genius.

wiivo wrote:

im stuck at the courage temple. something like 'consider the layout of the whole temple in order to move on'. riddle bastards.

U still stuck on this?

*possible spoiler*

The clue was in the whole Up, Down, Right, Left thing.Its just doing whatever your stuck on in that order.

*end possible spoiler**

I'm a wee bit stuck now.

I very much doubt I'm spoiling anything as I'm way behind of everyone else, so here we go.

I've got the boomerang, spade and fishing rod, and I've weaved my way through the north-west fog to get to the Isle of Gust (or something). Only problem is I can't actually get to the temple entrance. I can see the gust holes but I'm not sure how I get to those platforms.

Either I'm being very dumb or there's back-tracking involved to another island.

Oh, also at this point I have a cannon on my ship but not the crane yet, if that helps.

Cheers man!

Yeah you get the fishing rod off a guy in one of the smaller islands as thanks for bringing him a mermaid.

Then whenever you see a shadow of a fish in the water (on your ship map) you pull out your rod (fnar, etc) and go fish!

Ive just beaten the Goron Temple, and whilst I enjoyed the temple itself, the boss had me almost crying in frustration.

Sometimes, the sword swipes just seem to miss enemies even tho you appear to be right infront of them.

The worst part of it all was trying to control that little Goron cunt as he rolls around. It might be my touch screen, but I just found him infuriating, letting go of the screen to make him stop rolling and stand, then you find youve rolled just far enough away from the boss so that you cant hit him after the massive effort it takes to knock hime down, all the while switching to Link so that he can miss enemies with his sword. Grr!

Still enjoying it tho.

i did the same ben, one of the places i died (but was revived by a potion) was that boss, pissing around trying to figure it out hah

didnt have the control issues with the goron, ill. rolling around the side of the dodongo and then tapping on it repeatedly was ok, and didnt take long enough for link to take much damage