passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

NOE Stars and Points thread

Hendo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today we bring you news about certain changes to the Nintendo website. After we experienced some security issues in the past, the community forums have now been closed for good.

Since the start of this website five years ago, our primary goal has always been to provide the most in-depth and up-to-date information about our full range of products. As well as being the first port of call for people looking to find all the latest Nintendo news, the site has acted as an important hub down the years for people who want to share their views or stay in touch with other Nintendo enthusiasts through our forums.

When the forums launched we felt they were an essential service for our many loyal site visitors, and the response to them suggested you felt the same way. Since then, however, a number of other online Nintendo communities have surfaced. Dedicated solely to providing a place for Nintendo fans to meet and chat together, these forums are looked after by people who are able to focus all their resources in one area.

Given the growth of all these other online communities, we think visitors to our website would be best served if we focused all our energies on putting together a new Nintendo-Europe.com that will offer Club Nintendo members a number of new features for an expanded experience with our products.

We would like to thank all our members that have participated in the community forums over the years, and we hope you will enjoy all the exciting new features on the horizon.

A number of other online Nintendo communities have surfaced. Dedicated solely to providing a place for Nintendo fans to meet and chat together, these forums are looked after by people who are able to focus all their resources in one area.

DS-WiiFi killed Nintendo-Europe.com shocker! :P

Hendo wrote:

A number of other online Nintendo communities have surfaced. Dedicated solely to providing a place for Nintendo fans to meet and chat together, these forums are looked after by people who are able to focus all their resources in one area.

We rule! B)

Hendo wrote:

You did indeed. I wondered who that bloody corpse you've got hidden behind your back belonged to, now I know. :P

• 1 month later...

Bizza-bump.

Nintendo reckon:

The Nintendo of Europe website is changing!

In August 2002 we launched the Nintendo-Europe.com that you are looking at now. Back then it was the time of the Nintendo GameCube and the Game Boy Advance. We’ve seen a lot of changes over the past five years – and now it’s time for our online home to follow suit.

On 26 November we will close the curtain on our current website as we enter the final stages of preparation for our new online home. We would like to ask you for your patience as we work on finalising the new website. In the meantime we’ll make sure you can keep registering your products and will still be able to find our latest game sites.

At this stage, we would like to inform our existing members that the current distinction between Club members and VIP 24:7 members will disappear, as everyone registered on the website will become a Club Nintendo member. So if you’re already a member, all your account details will remain intact.

We want to thank you for your ongoing loyalty and we would like you to know that we are doing our very best to build a website that you will enjoy even more than the one you’ve been visiting these past five years.

Please stay tuned, we’ll be back soon!

Hendo says:

tumbleweed.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It went back up and then it went back down again.

http://www.nintendo-europe.com

Good news is though, they've started the Wii Points-Stars swap thing!

When it goes back up, point your browsers to https://wiipointscard.nintendo-europe.com/

By joining Club Nintendo (i.e. using your previous Nintendo website login), you can buy Wii Points at the rate of four Stars for every one Wii Point.

You can then link up your Wii to your Club Nintendo account. Full instructions on doing that are on the website.

Still, that page will probably be caned to death shortly, so here's a quick regurgitation: go to the Wii Shop Channel, select Start Shopping, select Settings, click on the Club Nintendo logo using your Wiimote A button, enter your Club Nintendo email address and password as per the website, select Link and then select OK. Ta-da!

The new website also has a better search engine, a more comprehensive Support section, and a bit to help Parents get their heads round age ratings.

ive got a couple to register, galaxy and umbrella chronicles. just occured to me i havent to my knowledge registered any GC games, though i have over 30! i did buy a good portion of them second hand though, and didnt used to care about points so may have thrown any points away n stuff but there might be a few tasty morsels hidden in some of the cases..